Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Quote Originally Posted by Rick Dorion View Post
      If he doesn't, I still have mine. Sold my 68 and never used it. Please PM me if interested. Thanks.
      Pm sent
      From a place you will not see comes a sound you will not hear....

67 Camaro In progress

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Tap-67-camaro

Just wanted to see if anyone had one of these Aluminium Glove Box Mount for sale.

Thanks

Country Flag: United States
      I'm glad that I found this thread. I was able to replicate this and install my Holley Terminator X. Thanks for sharing, although I realize that this thread is very old.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

I like this idea but did not want to completely lose my glove box. I modified the orginal glove box insert to fit around my ECU mounted on the original heater box. Not as nice as what many have done here but hopefully will work for me.
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

I think that is a pretty nice solution. Clean, simple, and you still have a usable glove box. Most people would never notice the change if the glove box was opened.
      Matt H.

It wasn't difficult. I was able to do it with folding and cutting in the right areas. Make sure to make tabs to fold over for stapling like the OEM. I stapled and glued the tabs in place. If you fold and cut (sharp thin blade is essential) it to make it seal the bottom edges you won't have any gaps for things to fall through. Here is a picture of the inside.

I mounted my OBDII port to the bottom so that it is out of the way but also easily accessible.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

Just checking again to see if anyone has one of these for sale. I like to ask every few years.

I used a metal plate an mounted my holley ecu upside down. Still have ample glove box space Name:  IMG_4780_Original.JPG
Views: 152
Size:  422.7 KB
      1969 frost green camaro
      LS3
      Speedtech pro touring front subframe
      ridetech rear 4-link
      moser 12 bolt eaton tru trac 3.73

Looking to do something similar, but make the glove box insert out of sheet metal vs cardboard. Figure a way to mount it, those cardboard glove boxes are only so strong.

With the metal plate the cardboard is sandwiched between the ecu and plate
      Its really sturdy
      1969 frost green camaro
      LS3
      Speedtech pro touring front subframe
      ridetech rear 4-link
      moser 12 bolt eaton tru trac 3.73

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com