Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

RideTech at SEMA - NEW Stuff

We've rolled out a couple of new products this year at SEMA.

Not the least of which is the new Select Series Electronic Shocks.

We've been hard at work on these for well over a year, and it is great to get this "secret" out. For icing on the cake... we picked up a SEMA new product award on Tuesday.

Most people are familiar with OEM shock systems with a "sport-mode" or similar switch on the dash, well now we are the exclusive outlet for that technology in the aftermarket.

We didn't just copy the OEM guys stuff, we've been hard at work getting the valve adjustments appropriate for our market.

We can't wait to start getting these products out into the market.

There videos and the typical coverage starting to pop up on the web. The folks at Street Legal TV are one of the first. They talked to Britt, who was very instrumental in the development of the Select Series and you can see the interview here:

Scott Payton

completely awesome. When will they be available and do they include the IR ride height sensors and can they be used with e2 systems or only e3??

Country Flag: United States
      I have a feeling these are going to sell VERY well.... perfect for our types of cars! Good work guys!
      JC Scott

Kevin stopped by and talked to BJ about our new stuff...

Last edited by esscott; 11-04-2009 at 11:01 AM.
      Scott Payton

Quote Originally Posted by formula View Post
      completely awesome. When will they be available and do they include the IR ride height sensors and can they be used with e2 systems or only e3??
      The Select Series will be ready to ship very soon. And yes they will work with the e2 or e3 system. In fact, they will work with no air system controller at all... in coil-spring applications.
      Scott Payton

I dig it!!! I need two more full time jobs to keep up with my "want" list. Whats the ETA on the Coilovers?

Finishing development of the shock for the SEMA show was priority so I've not invested a whole lot of time into the coil overs. However, we had great discussions with spring manufacturers at the show and we plan on shipping units the first of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Draginutz View Post
      I dig it!!! I need two more full time jobs to keep up with my "want" list.
      Hahaha....Me too. My list keeps growing faster than that dang money tree.
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

How killer is that roll cage? I need them to make one for my BU. They dont plan on it..

Those shocks are awesome!
      David
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Quote Originally Posted by marolf101x View Post
      Finishing development of the shock for the SEMA show was priority so I've not invested a whole lot of time into the coil overs. However, we had great discussions with spring manufacturers at the show and we plan on shipping units the first of the year.
      I tooo want a set of coil overs will a set come with all the needed wires and button to make it work?

Sugested price for a set of 4 would be?

Would the first of the year be january, March or May?

Scott Shanks
      70 Challenger 6.1 Hemi 6-Speed

Quote Originally Posted by esscott View Post
      The Select Series will be ready to ship very soon. And yes they will work with the e2 or e3 system. In fact, they will work with no air system controller at all... in coil-spring applications.
      Does this mean they are available with internal ride height sensors? The IR units?

Thanks, Wes

oh sure, just when i start thinking i can afford air ride you come out with something else insanely cool! thaaanks
      just kidding, looks great!
      work in progress--for the next 10 years.
      1987 monte carlo ss 383ci, 9.7:1, xe274 cam, vortec heads, 200r4, 3.73 posi.

Real quick...

1. The Select shocks should ship in January.

2. The price will be $900/pair for the stand-alone version and $1200/pair for the shockwave version. The coilover version will be somewhere in between. This price will include the button and wiring harness.

3. Coilovers should be available by Mar. 1.

By the beginning of summer [or before] we will have a coilover version of all our shockwave units. Pricing will be in the same neighborhood as the ShockWaves...possibly slightly less.
      The advantage of hte coilover version will be avoiding the cost of the compressor kit. The compromise will be the lack of spring rate and ride height adjustablility.

Why expand into coilovers? With the Select shock we now have something completely unique and better.

I'll make more info available as I can. You'll see it here FIRST!
      Bret Voelkel
      Director of Innovation Fox Powered Vehicles Group
      Founder/ Former Owner
      RideTech/Air Ride Technologies, Inc.

How do you spell Impossible?

Country Flag: Australia
      Just a thought...might not be feasable....have you considered a steering wheel mounted version of the button using wireless technology to operate the shock valving? It would be very convenient to have the operating botton located under your thumb with both hands on the wheel.
      Great product, by the way. Well done.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com