Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      It sounds as if he's already ruled out the blow off valve. If it's happening at idle, I doubt he's under boost. In your video, it seems that it's only happening under high boost conditions once the driver backs off the throttle, or shifts. Of course without hearing a sound clip of this particular car, we're all doing nothing but speculation.

I've had the "crickets" in a pretty stout solid roller 468 big block running on Methanol. I always associated it to the overlap as well. Occasionally I'd hear it when it was running a little lean. As strange as it seems I always noticed it more when the engine was cold. Maybe that's simply because I was paying more attention to it at the time.

No problem. I just wanted to throw in the wastegate as being a cause as you can get similar sounds from it as well.
      -Brian Singleton

Like I said, we're all just speculating. ;)
      Whatever it is, I'm interested to see if we find the culprit.

I'm running DynoMax Super Turbos, with headers, 2.5" pipes, full length tailpipes, and an "H" pipe.... it is very quiet.
      1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B (Jan 69) LOS Build

A lot of people mistaken this for the blow-off valve but its actually the wastgate opening\closing rapidly..
      I am hearing the crickets at idle under vacuum conditions not boost. My engine is running rich right now. Actually it is not running at all since I lost spark. When I get it going again I will post an audio and or video clip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com