Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Eldorado supercharger ?

Hey guys seriously considering buying this supercharger ,an old hot rodding friend of mine called me bout 15 minutes ago. He was in town traveling and wanted to get rid of some misc. car parts and magazines that he really didnt have room for in his motorhome and trailer anymore(wife wanting room to purchase antiques) most of his parts wouldnt come close to fitting a cadillac v-8, except one in particular, a partial carbureted vortech supercharger kit. it is an incomplete used kit but the supercharger seems to be in good condition and there is a ton of misc. pipeing and connectors etc. but here is the bummer, the carburetor housing isnt there, but i figure i can find any kind of housing from any supercharger manufacturer and retrofit it to the caddy, run low boost so not to hurt the engine ? got him down to 400 so far ! Some of you guys that have some knowledge about superchargers chime in please ! I know more than the average person about engines and performance but have never had any exp. with superchargers, anyone with any info or suggestions holla please ! It is similar kit to the pictures that are shown-

thanks, Anthony
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Buy it, bite his hand off for it at $400. If you can't get it to work or fit sell it and put the profit towards a purpose built kit.

Country Flag: United States

Throttle body

question: If i get a carb hat like the one i have pictured here, could i run the supercharger with a throttle body ? The hat will fit over my throttle body cause its the standard diameter same as the holleys, so if it will fit can i run the supercharger thru the throttle body ?
      Attached Images Attached Images    

yes it will work and all you will need to do is reprogram the ECU for the difference of air density.

Mike

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com