Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Marquez Design Headliner kit for Camaro

Has anyone installed the Headliner kit that Marquez design sells on their websight. It looks kind of cool and would be something different to try. I was wondering how they get the headliner attached.The aftermarket pillar moldings and window trim are a cruddy fit so I was thinking it couldn't fit any worse than them.

Thanks
      Mike
      67 Protouring

Hi Mike -
      The headliner attaches by way of 3 tabs on either side of the large section. The tabs get screwed to the appropriate sheetmetal on the vehicle. Your factory dome light, sun visors and rear view mirror are also additional mounting points.
      Next, you will need to make 3 small 1" slits on each side lip of the main headliner section.
      These slots (x3 on each side) allow the a-pillar and sail panel sections to slot into the side of the main headliner piece, covering the main headliner tabs.
      Hope this helps - if you have any other questions on the install, just give us a call - 916-373-9783

Chris - Marquez Design

*Edit* Chris beat me to the punch, and did a better job describing the process

http://s366.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=DSC_1043.jpg

Just remember, these cars are all so different from the factory that no one will have the same experience with fitment. In our case, we had to do some cutting, trimming, and fiberglass/fiberglass bondo work to get everything to line up. Wasn't too bad though. I think it is a lot nicer than stock.

If you are interested, I think I took some fairly detailed pictures for future reference because there aren't any directions.

Matt

Thanks for the pics. I think I will give it a try. I am still wondering if it uses the trim pieces around all of the sides. If you have ever installed the aftermarket stuff for the front and back pieces they are too hard and don't have any flex in them.

Mike

Country Flag: United States
      Is anyone else making a pressboard style headliner for 1968 F-Bodies? I am trying to get more head room and a cleaner look.
      Mark Z.
      1968 Firebird
      2016 Mustang GT w/ Performance Pack
      2014 BMW X5 Turbo V8, AWD Highway Cruiser
      1970 Firebird Formula 400 (Gone but never forgotten)

TMI has a fiberglass headliner.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

I have the TMI one, like it a lot! Installation wasn't that hard at all. I went with the vinyl version.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com