Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Thanks again for everyone's help. I'll post my results in the near future.
      Mike Kirkwood
      81 Z28 LQ4, Baer brakes, Global West everywhere.
      http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee283/zedzag/

Well it’s been a long time for an update from me. Partially because the car sat for years, partially because I drove it for a while with crappy brakes and partially because once I solved the problem I just plain forgot. I tried two different 15/16 masters, a new booster, bled the brakes to death, all new friction and even rotors to eliminate any possibility of glazed pads etc and nothing helped at all. Then I put in a Detroit Speed booster/master combo which has a 1” master and the car stops really good with just a set of Raybestos cheap pads in there. Can’t wait to try some performance friction like Hawk etc. I should’ve tried this approach years ago.
      Mike Kirkwood
      81 Z28 LQ4, Baer brakes, Global West everywhere.
      http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee283/zedzag/

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Zedzag View Post
      Well it’s been a long time for an update from me. Partially because the car sat for years, partially because I drove it for a while with crappy brakes and partially because once I solved the problem I just plain forgot. I tried two different 15/16 masters, a new booster, bled the brakes to death, all new friction and even rotors to eliminate any possibility of glazed pads etc and nothing helped at all. Then I put in a Detroit Speed booster/master combo which has a 1” master and the car stops really good with just a set of Raybestos cheap pads in there. Can’t wait to try some performance friction like Hawk etc. I should’ve tried this approach years ago.

Thanks for the update! Bottom line is that if you find it more drivable you're heading in the right direction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com