Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

View Poll Results: Should a "truck" specific subforum be added?

Voters
    25. You may not vote on this poll
    • Yes. A truck forum is needed.

19 76.00%
    • No. There is no need for a truck-specific subforum.

6 24.00%
    Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Pro Touring Truck Association (PTTA)

Since I read about people with Truck projects on this site day after day...

What would people think about a Association dedicated to the Pro-Touring truck???

I would join. It must be for performance trucks only. No Airbagged, bodydropped, 24s tuckin, shaved everything, lowrider fluff mobiles. I don't even care for the late model stuff. It's gotta be about old school trucks rippin' through corners and tearing through cones.Just like the way Pro-Touring started. Old cars going fast and handling corners.
      Jonathan Baty

I am with you, nothing about low riders, just all out performance, I would allow mini-trucks also... there are a few newer trucks out there that are nice, it will be about fast, great handling trucks...

this could be kind of fun.....

im drivin a ltX383 powered 98s10 with a tko600 and 12bolt...does this count????
      Scott
      Built LTX, TKO600, 12Bolt

I wouldn't mind joining although my Blazer isn't very far from stock at the moment. Right now it's lowered 2" with QA1 coilovers up front and blocks in the rear. I've also added a Xtreme front grill and bumper (with the foglight holes cut for future brake ducts).

Future plans include the pictured 17x9.5" Firehawk rims (just need tires and a pair of 1.5" adapters), the rest of the Xtreme body kit, intercooled turbo system, and custom 3-link with coilovers, more front suspension work, and a couple more inches of drop.

Some sort of truck only track day would be great. There is always strength in numbers.

Later, Doug
      “A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.” - Jeremy Clarkson

My current daily driver is a 1999 Mazda B2500 (Ranger) 5spd. It's totally stock but I am thinking about adding a lowering kit and maybe some Mustang wheels.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

word up!

if i had a truck i would be down.

I like em shaved but mines just dropped no bags but who cares what anyone says I know my truck handles. Zq8, lowered 245 fronts 255 rears, tuner, exhaust, intake, blah,blah. 20 sumthing mpg and fun in the corners.
      Frank M
      1970 lemans sport
      2004 silverado 4x4 lowered
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SER1gBLn2N0

Maybe the mods could set us with our own section... down at the bottom of the page.
      Jonathan Baty

I imagine pro-touring.com was started that way. Larry probably envisioned a only corner carving well handeling cars allowed type of site. However, to get the masses (and enough content) you cant really limit it, plus theme specific sites generally polices themselves.

The AirRide guys would probably love to show you a few "airbagged" trucks that can compete with the best handeling cars on here (or at least hold their own). Body dropped trucks, isnt that just getting a lower COG?

I agree a "truck" section may be needed now, but I wouldnt even try to police it. The content itself will police it, just like pro-touring.com does. This site doesnt talk about street-rods, or foreign cars, therfore it doesnt attract that type of car owner.

I do agree a truck section is needed.
      Steve L

I would love to be part of it...My truck is old with everything upgraded, full suspension, power train I know it definetly handles well...

I do have to convert to four wheel disc though, baer or wilwood in the short future....

"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"

Quote Originally Posted by tymbom View Post
      I would join. It must be for performance trucks only. No Airbagged, bodydropped, 24s tuckin, shaved everything, lowrider fluff mobiles. I don't even care for the late model stuff. It's gotta be about old school trucks rippin' through corners and tearing through cones.Just like the way Pro-Touring started. Old cars going fast and handling corners.
      Right on.

I'd love to see a truck section here.. I sure wish SC&C would make some goodies for these 73-87 squares. I really am happy with my alloy 15"ers though.. my brakes have improved since I got rid of the 18"s!

Quote Originally Posted by teamplex65 View Post
      I imagine pro-touring.com was started that way. Larry probably envisioned a only corner carving well handeling cars allowed type of site. However, to get the masses (and enough content) you cant really limit it, plus theme specific sites generally polices themselves.

The AirRide guys would probably love to show you a few "airbagged" trucks that can compete with the best handeling cars on here (or at least hold their own). Body dropped trucks, isnt that just getting a lower COG?

I agree a "truck" section may be needed now, but I wouldnt even try to police it. The content itself will police it, just like pro-touring.com does. This site doesnt talk about street-rods, or foreign cars, therfore it doesnt attract that type of car owner.

I do agree a truck section is needed.
      Agreed, the show only guys won't stick around long when nobody else is talking about 2' rims and stock motors. As far as body drops, air bags and shaved door handles and such those are common place in most hot rodding communities these days, including here.
      Last edited by joemac; 10-20-2009 at 02:29 PM.

Country Flag: Canada
      I'm in. Mine's not much for show and its not modded alot (relatively speaking) but I do kick the poo out of it auto-Xing pretty regularly!
      Tyson
      '95 Firebird Formula: suspension + 315's
      '66 Mustang Coupe, 289

I am with ya for the pro touring trucks.this was my bag before pro touring was around.I started building my work truck on a pro street build and after I went to se the new released viper I decided that I loved the look of a 17 inch wheel better than a 15 wheel and I wanted the truck to handle good around corners to .but as far as the airbags being fluff?aparently you have never been to an autocross event.just because someone has high standards about the looks doesn't mean it can't have preformance to.love to see people drive what they build.after displaying my truck at the sema show it made me sick to see the parking lot sooo full of high end transports and so many people coming from the west coast. come on your car or truck can't make a 4 hr. drive I am proud of what I built and even prouder of driving it like I stole it.even drove from st. paul MN. to sin city.after the sema show was over we drove to scottsdale to get my ass handed to me at the barret jackson sorry to ramble just stating some facts they can be pretty and be serious contender too.

If I can get my plans to go through my next project will be a mid 90's F150 short box with a 7.3l power stroke in it with mild mods. Air bagged with subtle body mods. Probably no body drop or anything like that. I figure 400hp and around 700tq with a built T56 and over 30mpgs. I would drive it to the track for fun and still be able to tow if necessary. My biggest concern will be weight bias as the power stroke will come in at around 950lbs but I think I can set it back far enough that it wont be a problem.

WOW!!! I am kind of suprised that I am getting this kind of interest for the Association... I would love to see it become a full fledged thing... A section on this site would be awesome, you are correct, there are some trucks that are rather competent with the air ride systems on their trucks... So it will be impossible to police who is accepted and who is not.

Looks like it's about time to get mine dug out of the garage.....

Bart F.

'64 Tempest - LS3/4L70E - Grandma's Poor-Touring car
      '64 GTO - 455 HO/TH400 - Ex-bracket racer, street bruiser
      '02 WS6 convert - LS1/4L60E - Pure stock, pure pleasure

Looks like a awesome project!!

My '66 Type II VW 1-ton pickup just needs the engine and trans stuck back in. The trans was popping out of 4th due to a worn synchro in the trans so I pulled the drivetrain out.

The transaxle is hiding inside the lower cargo compartment, I still need to send it out for a rebuild.

A good wash job and some new 205/55-16s and she's good to go.

I built this one up in the late '80s and put almost 100K miles on it before parking it and piling car parts and other crap on it.

It's a good-handling truck, it has fully independent torsion bar suspension and very low center of gravity. It weighs only 2400# empty and can haul another 2000#. I used it for a lot hauling (car guys always need a truck to pick up engines, chassis and body parts) and for smokin' through the corners.
      Bart F.

'64 Tempest - LS3/4L70E - Grandma's Poor-Touring car
      '64 GTO - 455 HO/TH400 - Ex-bracket racer, street bruiser
      '02 WS6 convert - LS1/4L60E - Pure stock, pure pleasure

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com