Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Blood Sucker" build 68 r/s camaro

A little about the build name and car. My brother bought this car several yrs ago to restore and lost interest since he had a 64 1/2 mustang that he had pro restored and felt like this was the only way he would have the camaro done, he didn't want to spend the money on the camaro. So he offered me the r/s camaro for very cheap since he knew I would do something with it. Now for the name "blood sucker", from the moment I got down to louisana to p/u car I cut myself pulling the tin off the barn it was in and also loading the car. Before I even got home(4hrs away) I was ordering body parts I knew I needed. I've been taking pics as I've done work on the car and will post some. Every time I work on the car it seems I get a cut on me, so I felt this car likes the taste of blood. So I felt the name fit the build of the car "Blood Sucker". Now this build will be a low budget build

the guys in the pics are my brother(white shirt) and my son. My son seems a little interested in this project as well, I sure hope so, since he's 16 and maybe I can teach he a few things along the way. He already likes welding so I'll oversee he on some the metal/welding work this project will require.

more work done on the car

quarters/top/floor removed

plans are a full body restoration, dse tubs, 3 or 4 link(haven't decided), front stock sub redone w/new control arms/coilovers, 4-wheel disc brake setup, ls1/6spd setup. I plan to be driving car by summer or 2010 and finished by Jan 2011(will see). I'll also plan to attend some of the events with it

Country Flag: United States
      holy crap! I thought you said you were picking up a CAR, that thing is a basket case!
      seriously, you've got your work 'cut' out for you!
      what part of LA was that in? looks familiar.
      Keith C.

I guess low budget is very subjective because when I here full body resto, 3/4 link, ls/t56 etc I do not think low budget

Love the f-bodys! That is rough now, but I've seen worse fixed up! Good luck its gonna be sweet!

OH,CRAP! That car is worse than mine was. I hope you got it for free!
      Greg
      1976 Trans Am SacrilEdge
      twin turbo 455
      Ttops and 4spd
      one of 110 made
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ect&highlight=
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ilEdge-is-free!

Quote Originally Posted by twosaturns View Post
      holy crap! I thought you said you were picking up a CAR, that thing is a basket case!
      seriously, you've got your work 'cut' out for you!
      what part of LA was that in? looks familiar.
      it is a one owner car to top it off also. It was just n of Alexanderia. Story was owner let there kids drive in high school and of course one of them blew the engine so they left in a field.

Quote Originally Posted by blown9746 View Post
      I guess low budget is very subjective because when I here full body resto, 3/4 link, ls/t56 etc I do not think low budget
      I'll be doing 90% of the work which is what will keep the cost down. plus I already have all new sheetmetal purchased in laying the attic or garage(some to big to get up there)

here is one pic as it sits just waiting for my turn at the media blaster

The last time I seen the car before picking it up from my brother was like 4yrs ago and it was complete and I didn't think it was this bad at the time. Alot of work has already been done. It'll go together fairly quick once the inner shell has been blasted and coated. One thing I need to mention is I use to do paint and bodywork for a living, so this is where I plan to save some coin. My son wants to learn some of the basics and this project will give me the time to spend with him. I value every moment with him since he's almost 17 and will be going off to college in a couple years

Quote Originally Posted by opnwide View Post
      OH,CRAP! That car is worse than mine was. I hope you got it for free!
      I seen your build also and at the time I thought that guy has alot to do to get that car back on the road. I'm in this project and kinda have a plan with dates where I should be, so I think I better get back on it. Also love your car, back in the day I had a 76T/A 455/4spd car that was pretty rare also, wish I never sold it.

well tonight I did a little mockup to see how it's lining up. My son welded(not to bad considering he's never weld sheetmetal) the inner/outter tubs in over the weekend. So I mocked up the driver side. On Tuesday 10/20/09 I plan to finish the pass. side tubs. Guy told me to bring shell on Thursday for media blast, so maybe this weekend I'll get to start putting it together.

Quote Originally Posted by 70ssracer View Post
      more work done on the car

quarters/top/floor removed

did you folks notice that shock. It still had all the original ones on it

need to make sure your tetnus shot is up to date

Quote Originally Posted by drflex View Post
      need to make sure your tetnus shot is up to date
      had one after the first good cut just to make sure

Hey man, I think it is great you are bringing it back to life. It makes it that much cooler. I would keep one of the above pics on the dash after you get it finished to show to people.
      Ryan
      1969 X11 Camaro- Peelin paint, rust, the whole works

yikes... you are brave.

Hope you mini tubbed it while you were there, now is the best time to do so,
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

Nice! It gives me inspiration to keep working on mine. Well summer is over so I guess I need to get back to work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com