Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      yikes is right, but I'm excited to see this go together. I've always wanted to build a care from shell out
      Nick Schiffer

2001 Silverado
      Currently Fabricating Full Tube Chassis

Special Thanks to:
      Air Ride Technologies - Wilwood Engineering
      ...back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by Steve68 View Post
      Hope you mini tubbed it while you were there, now is the best time to do so,
      yes it's being mini tubbed(picked a set from dse at FT Worth goodguys), the one pic shows the driver side already installed. I'll do the pass side this weekend. I was going to do it tonight, but it's raining again so media blaster reset once again on Monday. I wanted them done before going to blaster.

Quote Originally Posted by GMracer View Post
      yikes is right, but I'm excited to see this go together. I've always wanted to build a care from shell out
      This is the 2nd car I've done this way. The 1st one was a 70 camaro and was sold as soon as all body panels were installed for a offer I couldn't refuse. This one will not be sold, I already turned down one offer once the shell is finish. I love your project also kinda reminds me of a 76 vega tube car I built several yrs ago for drag racing.

Another classic saved! Thats awesome man. I also am doing all the work on mine by myself. Gotta save that coin!

Ive heard alot of people say its cheaper to buy one already done or that has a more solid foundation. I disagree if you do the work yourself. Stay motivated and it will be worth it in the end!
      1969 Firebird "LT1" Trans Am Clone.
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=39237

Well been a little while since I made a post on the progress. Still haven't made it to blaster. My son getting better welding the sheetmetal.
      Finished the roof support;

Son working on the inner dse tub:

Just realize he had no safety glasses on, well have to have a talk about this as this is a key part to learning to work on things safety apparell is must

Old front jams cut out and replaced;

pass. inner lower quarter cut out and replaced(driver side was good and no need to replace):

rear frame rails cut and notched, also top sheetmetal on frame rails removed, inner tail support removed:

Son welding frame notch plate in:

Plan on finish installing tubs on Monday since I'm off

Pics of some the new parts:

Have almost all the new parts needed to finishe the body

Country Flag: United States
      I met Mike on Sunday, super nice guy. When he says he's building a car...he's literally building a car.

Shannon

Modo Innovations
      940-391-9002

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com