Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Thanks Dan. Appreciate the offer and suggestions. I'm fairly certain its the manual pump that has lost prime again. Unfortunately no amount of gas or starter fluid will work on its own when this happens. Have to jack the rear up and get the gas back to the front of the car and maybe even blow air back up to the front in the fuel line. The carb has been tuned/setup for hot weather conditions which was the problem when it originally dropped it off. I won't bore you with all the details but now that I have researched the Go EFI 8 by FiTech, it just screams as the solution to so many of my issues. Cold weather or warm weather, no more idle issues/changes when AC is used or fan 1/fan 2 comes on. Will also add the external pump in the tank. I really like being able to tune and set up everything with the little hand held so the car can be dialed in perfectly at every RPM for every condition. To me it's a no brainer that I should have done a while ago. Plus it can be used and re-dialed in for my next motor. I will find a way to get it started before the FiTech is added so I can do some more testing on the suspension. I think the 600 springs may be too stiff and I may go back to the 500s but need more testing to confirm. Want to adjust the QA1 shocks at a lower setting and see how the car launches and corners. The cornering/steering is sooo much better with the Lee 800 steering box, AFX spindles, and chassis brace but there is zero lift on the front end at launch which is not good. Also granny driving in parking lots and doing things like u turns to both sides feels like a new car. The b-body spindles and my old AGR steering box were just not good. Anyway just the usual issues that have to be worked out and dialed in when there are this many changes. Looking forward to getting all this stuff taken care of and then getting to the local 1/8 mile tracks and also doing some auto cross, rear wheel dyno testing etc.

-Joe

Joe Lincoln
      Lime Green 71 Olds 442 Convertible

Upgrades thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ible&highlight=

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com