Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Any chance these'll work on 3rd gen Novas?

Matt
      Matt

69 Nova - 357, TKO600, Tru Turn, some other stuff, awaiting LS1 swap
      71 Duster - all stock, slant 6, automatic. awaiting HEMI/T56 swap

True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

There's a red Camaro in my garage that would love to get its first CF part.....

Bad a.. Tyler.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

We have 1 set left after selling the remainder of the prototypes. Who wants this last set? Call us!

I'm pushing for the 67/8 ones right now, looks like I might have the green light on 1969 fenders too!!!

Tyler

oh gooooddddd... tooo muuccchhh to taaakkkeee!!!!!

AARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!! make 67 68 fenders tooooo!!!! AARRGHGGHGHHH!!!.. narf.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.VENGEANCE View Post
      oh gooooddddd... tooo muuccchhh to taaakkkeee!!!!!

AARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!! make 67 68 fenders tooooo!!!! AARRGHGGHGHHH!!!.. narf.
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

wow......just wow!!!!!

man....those are killer!
      colt zantop

1968 camaro LS1.......aka......."NJECTED"

69 CF Ineer Fenders

Just received my sey of CF inner fenders today...it was hard dropping $1250 on a set of inner fenders when steel pieces goes for around $100 but my jaw dropped when I pulled them out of the box. These pieces really look like artwork...I can't wait to install on my Camaro. I have other CF pieces on my car that were blocked,primed and painted but Tyler was right when he said I probably would want to leave these in natural finish....I can't wait to show these off at the shows this Spring!

Thanks Anvil!!

Quote Originally Posted by TitoJones View Post
      We have 1 set left after selling the remainder of the prototypes. Who wants this last set? Call us!

I'm pushing for the 67/8 ones right now, looks like I might have the green light on 1969 fenders too!!!

Tyler

Wow - 69 fenders, really?!? Can't wait to see those.
      Ron
      69 Camaro Redfire, thanks to
      Marquez Design | Ring Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNPROSTREET69Z View Post
      Just received my sey of CF inner fenders today...it was hard dropping $1250 on a set of inner fenders when steel pieces goes for around $100 but my jaw dropped when I pulled them out of the box. These pieces really look like artwork...I can't wait to install on my Camaro. I have other CF pieces on my car that were blocked,primed and painted but Tyler was right when he said I probably would want to leave these in natural finish....I can't wait to show these off at the shows this Spring!

Thanks Anvil!!

Any pics? Did you get the satin or gloss finish?
      Ron

'scuse the ignorance here.. but what is the difference between the 100% carbon part?

......and would you still coat the wheel wells for rock protection? I'd imagine on a race car that requires every pound you wouldn't.....

The 100% carbon versions have the wheel well (underside) in a bare carbon weave, where the carbon/fiberglass have a painted black fiberglass underside. The difference in weight is about 1 lb each lighter in 100% carbon.

We will have the 69 fenders out of the molds in about a month. Those are going to be killer parts.

We still have a few pair of these inner fenders in stock in both satin and glossy finishes.

Tyler

The 100% carbon versions have the wheel well (underside) in a bare carbon weave, where the carbon/fiberglass have a painted black fiberglass underside. The difference in weight is about 1 lb each lighter in 100% carbon.

We will have the 69 fenders out of the molds in about a month. Those are going to be killer parts.

We still have a few pair of these inner fenders in stock in both satin and glossy finishes.

Tyler
      Do the bare carbon parts have an extra layer of carbon weave (thus making them stronger)? Can't wait to see the fenders!!!!
      Ron

Good question. Here is what CF/fiber glass looks like though. I was surprised how strong it is.

and the here are the very parts that started this thread, all nice and installed now. Just for you Tyler. You're always asking about them like they're your children that have left the house or something. they might not be close ups, but you can even see the direction of the weave clearly!

Matt

go big or go home I guess, my dream car just got about 5000 dollars more expensive if the fenders come out too.
      1967 Firebird 400 4 speed
      4 wheel c5zo6 brakes + hydroboost
      18"sterns wrapped in RE-11's

From Lone*Star's comments, I assume the Camaro & Firebird inner fenders are the same?
      Jeff.

1972 GTO - long term project
      1968 Firebird - all original, low mileage

nice parts- for the person who is going to drive his car get the ones with the fiberglass layer- the glass will have a much better impact resistance than straight cf- for the errant rock that will get tossed up into the wheelwell- on a separate note Matt did you fabricate the intake pipe from scratch or does someone make the y-pipe I have seen this before and am going to do in on my 65 GTO with Ls1??

Matt, nice pics! I have a small crack in my CF cowl from shipping (that I plan to fix w some resin and paint anyway) so I'm wondering if the full CF is any stronger compared to CF/glass. Those inner WWs will have pressure put on them under hard driving no doubt. It does look like from your pic that the glass portion is thicker, so that is probably the answer.
      Ron

Tyler
      I gotcha. I didn't catch the glass part in the OP.

I was like.... carbon-carbon? This some sort of new process?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com