Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

S10 wiper motor = selecta speed???

Wondering if a 99 & up wiper motor is the same as DSE's selecta speed motor. they look very similar.

nope. DSE's is a Caddy wiper motor. 01 DeVille I think.

Country Flag: United States
      I know this is an older thread but rather then start a new one, I'll add to this...

I picked up an S10 wiper. I think it came from a 96/97 S10. Couldn't tell as there wasn't much left of the truck in the bone yard. In any case I got a wiring diagram from somone on a S10 forum. Not sure if I completely understand it. I will take pics and the wiper and scan the diagram. Since I an mounting the wiper under the fender I'm not limited to a bolt on replacement.... so this may not be for every one...

Rich
      1969 Camaro (in hibernation)
      1972 K5 Blazer - LQ9, 4L80e, NP205, D60, AAM 14BFF => http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=423432

bump - can anyone help me read the switch diagram... I see a 7 position switch with different resistance values.... not sure what the PULSE switch is... help?
      Rich
      1969 Camaro (in hibernation)
      1972 K5 Blazer - LQ9, 4L80e, NP205, D60, AAM 14BFF => http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=423432

I think it's their way of saying intermittent. I used the wiring on my Chevelle and it's just different delay settings. HTH.

Alex

The resistors in the wiper switch tell the solid state "brain" in the wiper motor which wiper pulse rate you have selected by operating the switch.

According to your diagram you will have the choice of... Off, five different pulse rates, low speed constant on, and high speed constant on. The mist position is usually spring loaded and is an easy way to get a single low speed wiper sweep for when the rain is really light.
      67 Camaro, 96 LT1, 4L60E

Quote Originally Posted by MCMLXIX View Post
      bump - can anyone help me read the switch diagram... I see a 7 position switch with different resistance values.... not sure what the PULSE switch is... help?
      Pulse signifies the intermittent settings, the switch in the middle would say the same thing, but the resistors are in the way.

The middle and far right switch are 2 poles of the same switch (denoted by the dashed line). Not sure, but if I had to guess, they used a second pole to completely isolate the PPL wire unless the wiper is on High.

You could use a single pole rotary, but would need to do something like run the High value to a DPDT relay that provided 12v to the PPL wire and 12v through a 680k resistor to the BRN wire.

Hope this helps! ---Eric

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com