Login / Register

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      cant wait to see those wheels mounted.

Tim

The WidowMaker: Garage Built 70 Chevelle

Special Thanks To: Rushforth Wheels, MuscleRodz, Kore3 & SC&C

Build Thread Link

Whiplash wheels are here! Now i can get started this weekend on front mock up. I will follow up with pics this week end.

Gsxmax

I finally found time to add photo of Rushforth Wheels! With the holidays and being in the Midwest. I am waiting for my Nitto NT05 245/40/19 to come in to be mounted

The wheel are whiplash smoked titanium. Thanks Jason it has been a pleasure working with you on this project.

How did I miss this thread! This car will look fantastic. I love the BOP choices and builds going on out there. Keep it up as I think you're headed in the right direction. The rims look great.
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

Awesome car man!!

Gsxmax

It been a while since I have posted. I have been delayed in my build due to a custody battle and that is all I can think of as of late. My son is my best friend and loves to help as much as he can when I am working on our project. This car will eventually become his. Anyway I have the chassis on the fixture and will be in process in the next week or so. I can use all the encouragement and support this community has to offer through these hard times to keep me grounded and focused. I fully intend to complete this project by the summer of 2011. I will post pics of chassis as soon as work starts. The chassis will have extensive stiffening, and a complete 3 link rear clip installed complete with watts link. Stay tuned for update as they come.

Quote Originally Posted by clu269 View Post
      It been a while since I have posted. I have been delayed in my build due to a custody battle and that is all I can think of as of late. My son is my best friend and loves to help as much as he can when I am working on our project. This car will eventually become his. Anyway I have the chassis on the fixture and will be in process in the next week or so. I can use all the encouragement and support this community has to offer through these hard times to keep me grounded and focused. I fully intend to complete this project by the summer of 2011. I will post pics of chassis as soon as work starts. The chassis will have extensive stiffening, and a complete 3 link rear clip installed complete with watts link. Stay tuned for update as they come.
      Family is first, best of luck with the custody issues. Remember if you and your ex are unhappy with the courts decision over custody then it is probably right. Use the Buick as threapy and keep up the good work. As a past owner of a 70 GS350 4sp and a 70 Skylark Custom I have a big soft spot for the "Going fast with class" rides. You and your son will end up with with super nice GSX that will not be cookie cutter.
      Stay in it till you see God....then lift

Where patience fails, force prevails

"When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat." G. Carlin

Stapp's Ironical Paradox...... "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Killer project!
      Ed Cooney
      '96 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, LT1/4L60, full bolt-ons & Solomon's tune, 18" Ridler wheels, lowered with Belltech springs

‘70 Buick Skylark Convertible project w/ GN drivetrain

'91 Formula, pending track day build

Hey now, how's this project coming along? Looking forward to seeing updates!

wheels are hot - great project
      Don
      Grace - 67 Camaro daily driver with upgrades along the way.

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Camaro-Driver

It's been a while since my last post. The car is in my garage now. The chassis has begun its transformation. Little league has started and I coach so it is going slow at this time. As soon as the chassis is complete I will get pics and post. This should be in the next month.
      Later

any updates on this car? Im looking at a 72 buick myself.
      -Gibson-

Car is torn down waiting on rear suspension. Will be updating in the next couple of weeks. I have a new Tri Sheild performance 470 short block ordered that should be in at the end of the month. I scraped the 523 to go with this combo. With my aluminum TA heads it should put out in the neighborhood of 600HP/600 torque. Also in have purchased a viper T56 6 speed.

Very cool, im subscribed, been trying to figure out what parts i want to use or can afford on my skylark, will be watching closely. Chaz
      chaz selby

Buick

As they say : Go Fast with Class...

Cool project ! Nice parts that you put on it !
      My72 is waiting for his rear axle to get on his wheels.

1972 Buick Skylark Coupe Pro-Touring (of course!)
      1968 Pontiac Catalina Station Wagon
      1971 El Camino SOLD
      1978 Dodge B200 Tradesman Maxivan ShaggyVan

I've owned & collected '70 GS's for 24 years, and have worked up to having enough parts to choose from, to build a similar project to yours, CLU, using a complete, but worn out '70 GS Stage 1!
      I'll be following your buildup, closely, as I choose which companies/parts I'll be using for my build, as well.

Congratulations as a fellow Buick owner, and Good Luck with your project!
      If there's anything I can do to help, let me know!

Sorry wrong post.
      '67 GTO - LS3, 4L60E, SC&C AFX Package, KORE3 C6 Z06, Boyds PT-09s

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...7-GTO-LS3-Swap

Any updates on this? I have a major soft spot for these cars. True muscle!

I had been out of work for 4 months and just could not spend with no income coming in. I have updated rear brakes to C6 Z06 and purchased a HPI customs chassis stiffening kit. I will try to get out to my shop to get some photos of progress.

Us PT Buick guys need to stick together

Tim
      1971 Buick Sportwagon pro-touring project.
      1985 Ford Crown Victoria 2 door next project.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com