Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Name:  71 cutty 1.jpg
Views: 9135
Size:  72.8 KB
      How it looked when we traded a big ATV for it.

other pics are of the Zoomies that will go on it..(still need some pipes to extend and turn up)
      How we found our Cutlass in a drafty garage by the supposed body man
      last pic is of test fitting the new shoes..lol

its not much, but its a start for us to at least drive and enjoy it.
      Attached Images Attached Images      
      1971 Olds Cutlass S.. project Super Budget semi-pro-touring?
      Alero Cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/615508

Wow, sorry to hear about the misfortunes with the car. Its a shame that stuff like that happens. I just bought my 72 Cutlass S earlier this year. I've got saddle bronze metallic as well. Nice.
      1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass S

http://fivelugs.com

Thanks!!..The Cutlass was brought up every couple of weeks about what we should do with it, and finally my wife said, "screw it...were gonna build it to drive" We are getting a killer deal on the rust repair, and if we can find a way to shoot the paint, it will be 2007 Corvette Atomic Orange Pearl, with the whole lower bodyline down black, and all chrome except window trim black...should look cool....our idea was inspired by a few cars...one was a bullrun 69 chevelle, and the other was a pro-touring lime green 70 chevelle.

Quote Originally Posted by jturkey69 View Post
      Thanks!!..The Cutlass was brought up every couple of weeks about what we should do with it, and finally my wife said, "screw it...were gonna build it to drive" We are getting a killer deal on the rust repair, and if we can find a way to shoot the paint, it will be 2007 Corvette Atomic Orange Pearl, with the whole lower bodyline down black, and all chrome except window trim black...should look cool....our idea was inspired by a few cars...one was a bullrun 69 chevelle, and the other was a pro-touring lime green 70 chevelle.

Good to hear the incident hasn't dampened your spirits.
      1996 Federal Cadillac hearse
      1988 Eureka Chevy hearse

Quote Originally Posted by The Stickman View Post
      Good to hear the incident hasn't dampened your spirits.
      Thanks Stickman..after we realized it was the most reliable car out of the 3 we own, things kinda fell into place...lolher 97 maxima 5spd, and my 94 caprice wagon both had issues where we had to drive the cutlass with loose fenders, and mis-aligned doors a few times...

loved your build on the battle cruiser...didnt you do alot of that in an apartment complex parking lot?

Quote Originally Posted by jturkey69 View Post
      Thanks Stickman..after we realized it was the most reliable car out of the 3 we own, things kinda fell into place...lolher 97 maxima 5spd, and my 94 caprice wagon both had issues where we had to drive the cutlass with loose fenders, and mis-aligned doors a few times...

loved your build on the battle cruiser...didnt you do alot of that in an apartment complex parking lot?
      Thanx. In the parking lot, not really. This complex has rather large garages (of which I have 2) on the bottom floor. Main reason I live here. So most of the work is either in the garage or infront of it. Unless it's my hauler then the lot is really the only place it fits. The landlord is very cool about it.
      1996 Federal Cadillac hearse
      1988 Eureka Chevy hearse

car is looking good...I just started stripping some surface rust on mine...slowly but surely getting it ready for primer sealer for now. I also have a layoff so might as well put time into my cutlass as well.
      My pocket rocket!! 350 holley carb, edelbrock performer intake, th350 w/shift kit and 3.42 out back, custom rust job w/custom faded racing stripes and 18/20 boss 338's.

Quote Originally Posted by rudyt5000 View Post
      car is looking good...I just started stripping some surface rust on mine...slowly but surely getting it ready for primer sealer for now. I also have a layoff so might as well put time into my cutlass as well.
      we should be getting the car back by the end of this week, or beggining of next week with it all in sealer and primer with all bodywork completed. Im hoping they stay true to their quote, but will be happy im sure once the car is back here so I can do more work on it. latest lil hobby my wife started is african cichlid fish tanks!...lol I need the therapy only a muscle car can offer!

minor update..car is in primer, and we ran out of funds to have it blocked sanded and painted...I posted an ad on craigslist, and everyone wanted waaay to much to paint it, so I will be learning how to align the doors and panels, and block sanding..ugh..lol. I did figure out my brake issue which seemed like the brake booster pin was .100 to long or something, so at least that issue is put to rest for now..the body shop that did the car did a ****ty job in many areas, and didnt follow my instructions of not hanging a whole 1/4 skin. I wanted to follow what the guys on V8TV did with their project S71 Cutlass 1/4's...sigh...this car has just been one heartache after another. but there is an upside....wife says she will not sell it..lol..and our girls love it!....heres a few pics for now.

Glad to see your car is coming along...I think were both in the same boat and I'm so jealous that you are almost done with body. Yeah when I got this car I knew I was going to do as much work as I can myself but that's the only way I would have it. Seems like you can't really trust most people nowadays doing body work and all. A bunch of my buddies have their projects being done by somebody else and it either takes too long or they just screw them over with the shady work. I know I ain't no professional but this car is going to be driven hard and hopefully everyday so my paint won't have to be the best but so far I think mine is a pretty decent budget build so far thanks to harbor freight. Most my money has been in the wheels n tires and ebay has been awesome so far too. I guess we'll have to keep up with each other's car since they might be fraternal twins lol.
      My pocket rocket!! 350 holley carb, edelbrock performer intake, th350 w/shift kit and 3.42 out back, custom rust job w/custom faded racing stripes and 18/20 boss 338's.

Other then the year 71..(im not sure why I couldnt change my typo for the title of this thread) our cars are headed in the same direction, and prolly going to be somewhat road worthy at the same time..lol! Now that the weather is warming up, its time to get it off jackstands, clean the accumulated crap resting all over the top and hood, and take some action. See it helps when there is someone that has the same car, going through the same motions, on a budget, with the end result being a daily drivable car. So by you updating your thread, you have given me some much needed motivation! Plus after flying out to South Carolina a few weeks ago to buy wife her new replacement daily driver to replace her old Nissan Maxima. So after driving the car back, and goping through all the warm states, and seeing the nice cars on the road was also some motivation! So Thanks! Long live the budget Cutlass's!!!

Time to revisit an oooooold thread..lol..will update soon. Thanks to the Olds owners on this site for rekindling my desire to get this going again!

Not sure why I didn’t comment before, but that looks great! I had been thinking about Atomic Orange since I bought the car. Do you have any other pictures?

1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass S

http://fivelugs.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com