Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

my project 66 mustang fastback

hi everyone, i just found this site and couldn't be more excited. it has everything i meed, and tons of people that are a lot smarter than i am. anyways, i am doing a pro-touring 66 mustang fastback. here is what i have so far
      351C-too much to list
      t-5-will blow up soon after first drive
      built 8"-yes 8 inch, its light as hell, and all the components are the best, so it wont go until the t-5
      im running the bullit mustang rims, 17x8 front and back. its harder than it sounds in a 66

right now i am in the process of doing a full front coilover setup, and a tri 4 bar for the rear. full length frame, all that. the front will be billet upper and lower arms(aluminum) and the spindle will also be a custom billet piece(aluminum if its strong enough. I am making a custom subframe that repositions the lower arms, and acts as a rack mount. i could even move the engine back if i wanted.

anyways, those are my plans, here are some pictures of the car right now. i will soon get some screen shots if the arms i am designing. the forum is open to give ideas, the more input i get, the better it will turn out.

thanks for your help
      louie dietz

Sounds like a great project, real nice clean car to start with.

There are quite a few mustang guys who are around, maybe they can come n help out wiht more specific stuff.

Country Flag: United States

66 Fb

Hey Louie, can't see the pictures, love to see what you got.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Louie... sounds cool. Love to see pictures..
      Are you using Yahoo groups? What is your username?

I'm jealous! I love those 65-66 fastbacks!
      John

im using yahoo photos, does anyone know how to share all of my pictures there. I would be glad to show all the pictures if you can help me, I have a lot more than that. help, i would like to show you guys. try this link
      http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stangl...lbum?.dir=8736
      thanks
      lou

Lou,

That looks great. Love the color. Which company are you using for front and rear suspension ? I have a Pro-Trans Am 65 fastback (not quite pro-touring in my mind b/c lacks a/c and other creature comforts). It is done (are they ever done ?) for now.

Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and I can shoot some pictures to you if you like for reference.

Brad

looks good Louie, more info on plans?
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Thank God !! Anouther Mustang!!! Your FB looks great,who is going to build the control arms for you???

the arms and spindle will be machined for me by a friend. im going to use QA1 rods for all the mounting points. im trying to get a screen shot right now of the arms and spindle, but it is proving harder than i thought. im getting help on the geometry from the members on this site, and my own knowledge. the cool part about my setup it that it will be adaptable to any 64-66 mustang withought major modifications. does anyone know how to get screen shots?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com