Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Setting a new trend!

Notice: SEMA is more than just show cars this year!

OK, that should set the stage. Brian Finch, Yancy Johns and myself are driving our cars to SEMA this year. I can not share all the details yet, but we are driving from Tennessee, all cars will be in the SEMA show, and all will do the optima battery Challenge. There will be magazine coverage on this "Ultimate Roadtrip", maybe more than one!
      We would love others to join in the trip, especially if you have the nads to actually drive your car, but we will let trailer queens in too. We will be traveling mostly on I-40 so if you would like to join in, just let us know either in this thread or pm.
      This should be one fun trip, with lots of stories to tell afterwards. We all brag about our "Protouring" cars, who else will step up and prove they own one?

Last edited by TonyHuntimer; 08-12-2009 at 07:29 AM. Reason: spelling :)
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Man this would be a real road trip to do.I wish business was better this year, and with my daughter getting married there is no fund's left to feed the chevelle for a trip like this. You guy's have a great trip.

It's a great idea, Bill. I think Posie, Coker, and a few others did this last year when they drove hot rods across to the show, and didn't even wash them when they were on display inside. They called it the "Driven Dirty" tour.

You're 100% correct, the best way to show off a PT car is to drive the snot out of it!

See you on the road!
      Kevin Oeste
      V8 Speed and Resto Shop
      V8TV
      Muscle Car Of The Week
      V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:
      https://www.v8speedshop.com

We're interested! Just will all depend on the amount of time we get on Ty's car prior to SEMA!!
      Even though I fear the worst happening on the way out, it's just my luck!

Quote Originally Posted by oestek View Post
      It's a great idea, Bill. I think Posie, Coker, and a few others did this last year when they drove hot rods across to the show, and didn't even wash them when they were on display inside. They called it the "Driven Dirty" tour.

You're 100% correct, the best way to show off a PT car is to drive the snot out of it!

See you on the road!

I guess this will be the Pro-Dirty tour then.
      Brian Finch
      Pro-touring Hero

The Proof is on the Pavement

Sponsored by Baer Brakes, JRI Shocks, Pennzoil, Tremec, Magnaflow, Centerforce, AFCO Racing, Kurt Urban Performance, Amercian Powertrain, Forgeline, Holley, and of course BFG.

For the best engine money can buy please visit http://www.kurturbanperformance.com/

Authorized dealer for Baer, Ridetech, Detroit Speed, Vintage Air, Motorstate Distributing, Wilwood Engineering, American Autowire, Forgeline, Holley, Afco,

Contact brian@finchperformance for special Pro-Touring.com member pricing

www.hotrodtransformations.com

Quote Originally Posted by boilermaker View Post
      We're interested! Just will all depend on the amount of time we get on Ty's car prior to SEMA!!
      Even though I fear the worst happening on the way out, it's just my luck!

Bill and I are both in the same boat as the cars will be semi fresh when we head out. Mine is still in fab stage and should see its first road miles at RTTH IV.

The adventure is the best part so welcome all who dare to enter.
      Brian Finch
      Pro-touring Hero

The Proof is on the Pavement

Sponsored by Baer Brakes, JRI Shocks, Pennzoil, Tremec, Magnaflow, Centerforce, AFCO Racing, Kurt Urban Performance, Amercian Powertrain, Forgeline, Holley, and of course BFG.

For the best engine money can buy please visit http://www.kurturbanperformance.com/

Authorized dealer for Baer, Ridetech, Detroit Speed, Vintage Air, Motorstate Distributing, Wilwood Engineering, American Autowire, Forgeline, Holley, Afco,

Contact brian@finchperformance for special Pro-Touring.com member pricing

www.hotrodtransformations.com

Just let me know which day you're coming through Arizona and I may meet up with the convoy for a drive up to Vegas.
      Jeff K.
      69 Camaro SS, 406 SBC, TKO600, 9" w/3.73 tru-trac, Speedtech Arms, AFX Spindles, Lee 670 Box, Baer GT front, C5Z rear. Hyperco Leafs w/ Fays2 Watts Link + Varishocks.

Awesome !!
      I wish I had a SEMA-quality car and about two weeks of vacation.
      I'd do it ..
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

There must be a man named "Sanchez" involved.
      True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

That's a WIN of an idea. Pro-Dirty, I dig that one! Can't wait!

Driven?? You mean the way they were meant to be?
      That's awesome, can't wait for the stories!
      Life is Better Spent in the Garage
      Laine O

72 Camaro, 468, TH400, 3:42 = FUN!
      92 Camaro RS, Restored Autocross wannabe

LIVE LOVE DRIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by Damn True View Post
      There must be a man named "Sanchez" involved.
      I just spit water.
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

Quote Originally Posted by oestek View Post

See you on the road!
      Bret was telling me about this a couple weeks ago. It has to be a blast to just pull up at the convention center and pull on in. I like the idea of not even washing the cars, but I bet ours will need a bath after the 2000 mile trip.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Tell me more... Would mine be sitting inside SEMA or out in the hotel parking lot after we got there?? How "nice" do they have to be?
      I'm interested.......with EITHER car!!
      Jimmy

69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

http://www.fquick.com/shmoov69

Quote Originally Posted by shmoov69 View Post
      Tell me more... Would mine be sitting inside SEMA or out in the hotel parking lot after we got there?? How "nice" do they have to be?
      I'm interested.......with EITHER car!!
      Well,
      Getting into SEMA is tough. I don't know where my car will be, or whose booth yet, but I plan on getting it somewhere on the property between now and then. The optima challenge is invitation also, but they have not selected all the cars yet, as I understand it. Brian got in by winning a goodguys autocross, Yancy's car is Bowler Transmission's sponsorship car. Mine is representing this forum. SEMA cars are all over the board. While most are pretty, I would hate to guess how many actually run, much less have 50 or more miles on them. None of our cars are show cars, but hopefully worthy of a spot anyway, especially considering they are REAL CARS.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

What are the dates your talking about,that would almost be enough to make me put side glass in the Mustang.LOL. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

We have not nailed down date yet, but we will leave Pigeon Forge sometime Around October 30th I am guessing. Give ourselves about 3 days to get to Vegas, putting us there about Monday, Nov.2nd?
      Then ease home after optima Challenge the following weekend.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Country Flag: Denmark
      3 thumbs up! P/Ts are for driving! Remember to post lots of and also the "winning" speeding ticket!

Other rides: 1969 Mustang GT1

isn't there already some kind of an obscure event kind of like this- called "Power Tour" or something like that, i think. and instead of one indoor car show at the end, there are like 5 big outdoor cars shows along the way?

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com