Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 9 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 59 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by windsor View Post
      Thanks Bryce...looks even better than I thought it would from that angle. Doesn't stick out as far, which is good. Flows well with the contour of the point of the fender.

I like it more and more very time I see it.

You're welcome. I really like the way it has turned out. I am still going to do some reshaping when I go to final paint. I want a little better fit to the fender and I have to decide what to do with the gap between the grill. But all in all it looks really good right now. It was at least 50 hours. Some of that was just staring and pondering. But it was a long process to get it to where I really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon65 View Post
      I want a little better fit to the fender and I have to decide what to do with the gap between the grill.
      I have two ideas.. For the gap between the grill that is.

1. Use mesh and make a whole piece to fill in between the grill and the "bumper" and continue it all the way down (in the middle too)

2. make a "filler panel" that goes between the bumper and the grille and continues all the way across. you could even make a relief to match the radiator cutout in the middle. My duster has a piece like this and it would be relatively simple to make.

I vote #2 for better aero and cleaner look. Just my oppinion though.
      Benjamin

Twin Dusters
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Aero Duster" project
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Daily Duster" project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...RO-DUSTER-quot

I got one SFC put in late thursday night. The weekend got rained out so no work on the car. Hopefully SFC 2 goes in tuesday night after work.

I will have pics of that soon.

Bryce, when you gonna stop goofing around with that thing and come out and break some stuff?
      Dan W
      1968 Plymouth Road Runner
      1962 Dodge Dart 440

I want to.

I cant wait to have some fun at SCCA, I need to get some things done first. Like the SFCs and other little things. It should pass tech now with no issues. When is the next one? I will be drag racing on the March 21.

The R-Model valance really loks good im suprised how it flows into the fenders
      64 Mercury Comet
      408w boosted
      More boost on the way!

Thanks buddy. I think it looks awesome! I love the look.

Next event will be DCCSD Champs on the 14th. Be there or be square.
      Dan W
      1968 Plymouth Road Runner
      1962 Dodge Dart 440

My DD 95 mustang had a blow out last night on the way home from work. So I had to waste the night I get to work on the falcon to fix the mustang. I was hoping to get the driver side subframe connector installed. Well, maybe thursday?????

I broke my B&M hammer shifter last weekend. So I ordered the Hurst pistol grip quarter stick with momentary switch for the line lock. Its going in this weekend.

I decided on the final wheels for this car. Centerline autodrags as seen in the avatar picture are only 13lbs a wheel and can take the abuse of a street/track car. So I plan on running the toyo R888s with a 235/50/15 tire on a 7" rim. This will be on all four corners. When I get around to the minitub and relocating my 3 link LCAs inboard I will switch to the nitto555R in either a 275 or 325. probably the 275 on an 8.5" centerline.

I got the SFC installed both sides. Pics this week.... hopefully.

Summit delivered my new pistol grip shifter last week so I will get it installed this week and be able to flog teh car again and test my new shift light.

Im getting excited about the new tire swap. I just need to pull the black wheels off and put them back on my 95 mustang, but they get atleast two new tires. Then buy two new centerlines 7" wide and pull the centerlines off my 95 mustang and buy four toyo R888 235/50/15 for the four centerlines and install on falcon. Im predicting about 1500 total for this entire swap.

I installed the new shifter. Much better than the B&M hammer shifter that I previously put in. I think it even shifts faster, HAHA. There is less force needed to shift so I can actually pull it faster.

I also found that centerline offers a 15x9" wheel with a 7.25" backspace. That will work perfect for car in the back, since i have a stock width 9" housing. Once I do a minitub and fabricate the 3-link i will have room for that and a 275 tire.

and I can't wait to see 'em! Also can't wait for my builder to send me some of my car, too.
      Dam builder's,,:bsjerk: john i'm posting them on my web. site this week.

we are working on it, starting to look like something.

Tom Argue
      Last edited by Larry Callahan; 05-21-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Non sponsor links removed

Sounds good, Tom. Looking forward to seeing em. JP

I havent had a chance to work on the car in a long time. Spent all weekend shopping for furniture. I guess in the long run buying a house was the right choice, HAHA.

Since I have no money anymore, damn house, I guess i will be doing projects that dont cost much. Cleaning things up maybe painting my front end myself, building door panels. The list goes on. hopefully I will work on it this summer.

What is this "hopefully" stuff? We fellow PTers demand you work on it!

Congrats on the house ;)

What is this "hopefully" stuff? We fellow PTers demand you work on it!

Congrats on the house ;)
      +1......"hopefully" you will keep us updated.
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

With the new car on the board named "unfair" maybe I should name my car "hopefully"

Since I now have a garage (or I will in 2 more weeks) i should be able to do small projects that I have been putting off in the free time that I have.

Page 9 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 59 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com