Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 7 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 57 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by wellis77 View Post
      I've been watching your project for a while Bryce and I really like you've done. Great job!

Thanks Will, it keeps getting closer to being closer to being never finsihed. HAHA.

Quote Originally Posted by MCMLXIX View Post
      Are you plannig on filling the gap between the grill and the valance? Under the headlight area and where it meets the fender...

I have considered it. I have also considered bringing the opening in the valance in and up to match the radiator cutout. But then I desided to put a intercooler there. SO i guess my car will get a supercharger at some point HAHA. SO i guess I will wait to do the intercooler then determine what it needs to look perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by hivewax View Post
      Wow, that's a first for me in seeing a custom aluminum radiator support. How involved was it... hours of labor, tools involved, etc? Please post up any close-up shots.

I would saw fairly complex. I did this 7 years ago when I was 19. I didnt even have a bandsaw yet. The aluminum was cut with a jigsaw and filed/sanded to fit. There are a few tricks to the install that arent seen in pictures. But its completely unboltable (new word, HAHA) so the motor comes out the front for quicker changes, I have a 550-600hp race motor. Its also a lot stiffer with the aluminum tube going across the top. It took awhile to get it perfect. I would guess a few weeks, from memory. But I designed it to be built with the basic tools that I have. The trans cooler is on the passanger side and my MSD 6AL is on the driver side. So that defined the max radiator width.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjkadron View Post
      Ahhh! haha! Sorry, that went right over my head. By the way, Are those the wheels you are going to keep on it? or are you planning something different?
      I like the wheels the look and fit great, but they are heavy. i will probably go 15 or 16s and some cot race tire. like the toyo 888 (245/45/16) or the BFG R1 (235/50/15).

Quote Originally Posted by hivewax View Post
      Wow, that's a first for me in seeing a custom aluminum radiator support. How involved was it... hours of labor, tools involved, etc? Please post up any close-up shots.
      It's really nice ,isn't it!

You can also see another custom radiator support if you look around for my pics. They are a lot easier to do and a lot less expensive than you might think if you look for materials on the cheap in a scrap yard. Companies throw away machines and other equipment all of the time that have more aluminum of all the sizes and types you are looking for and you buy it by the pound. the tools needed to work with aluminum are the same as working with wood and sheetmetal.
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

jim,

I wanted to see pics of yours but I couldnt find it on your website. Do you have any pics?

Quote Originally Posted by falcon65 View Post
      jim,

I wanted to see pics of yours but I couldnt find it on your website. Do you have any pics?
      I have pics in a bunch of places, around here. What pics would you like to see the most and I will post them. I have more room since Larry gave me the space. I have always had to delete and add until now.

I really do need to update my Angelfire website as it is way out of date. I am now just getting back to the real world after being considered a deadman by my doctors.LOL

You just can't get rid of a man who has a car that needs to be finished first!!!!!

Let me know if you have any special places you want to see and I will post it, I have hundreds if not thousands of pics.

Life is starting to get a lot better now and it is peoples interest that keeps me going the most. Also seeing cars like yours lets me know that there are people out here that think out of the box and simple is the best and that is what we all live for around here .

Last edited by Jim Nilsen; 02-05-2010 at 03:39 AM.

jim,

I am going to bump up my thread so you can find most of them.

I'm in the thread.
      Getting Closer.......

jim,

i am glad you are back and able to work on your car. I will go check out your progress.

I was curious on the style of your aluminum radiator support.

So I finished the valance fiberglass and everything is smooth and filled. I also primed it in gray to match the front end. HAHA. the LED turn signals are going in this weekend. and its ready to be installed. I cant wait to take some pics.

I cant wait to take some pics.
      and I can't wait to see 'em! Also can't wait for my builder to send me some of my car, too.

how far along is your builder?

it's all still in the mock up stages...he had to mount some new quarter panels because the guy I purchased the car from was doing more of the 'gasser' thing with the cut outs (which I think is fugly). Put in the MII front end and doing the mini-tub, cage, all the chassis and body work basically. Not going to have it painted yet #1) to save money for now 2)not exactly sure what scheme I want yet 3) it may be 2 years before I'm ready to start putting it together.

Love the car mate, I'm also a Falcon owner.... but a 1973 Aussie Falcon Coupe. Thought you might be interested in what over here we have done with the continuation of the falcon. http://www.fpv.com.au/index.aspx

Some new pics no paticular order. Engine, Valance, Radiator core support and suspension.

Bro...looks awesome! Moving right along it is...

My radiator support isn't even cut out yet so I'll make the opening the same width as the opening in the apron, even though it'll all be black, but I can fit a bigger radiator in there, too.

Again, looks awesome! When you going to start on the rear bumper?

Quote Originally Posted by windsor View Post
      Bro...looks awesome! Moving right along it is...

My radiator support isn't even cut out yet so I'll make the opening the same width as the opening in the apron, even though it'll all be black, but I can fit a bigger radiator in there, too.

Again, looks awesome! When you going to start on the rear bumper?
      Thanks!!

I think it would look better if the radiator was as wide as the cut out in the valance. But it is perfect width for my intercooler, HAHA i guess i will supercharge this motor.

I really want to see some moc up pics of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluekoop View Post
      Love the car mate, I'm also a Falcon owner.... but a 1973 Aussie Falcon Coupe. Thought you might be interested in what over here we have done with the continuation of the falcon. http://www.fpv.com.au/index.aspx
      thanks for the link, some cool cars you guys have! LUCKY! Too bad I dont remeber my conversions for Kw to Hp. HAHA.

Do you have more info on your dash? More interior pics in general?

I should have some more pics. What do you want to know about the dash?

Page 7 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 57 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com