Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 55 ... LastLast

Black accents

I think if you would do some of the grill & if there is some area in the back by the tail lights.

Randy(D&Z Customs LLC.)
      [email protected]
      1-262-347-9741

powdercoat the stainless trim black to match the wheels...a little different. and go satin black hood

Country Flag: United States
      I like that idea, but still not sure i could do that to a prefect grill and trim. All the window trim is perfect stainless.

I'm going to powdercoat all the chrome trim...no chrome on mine.

I contacted Delta Bay about the apron and they say it's just drill some holes and it will bolt on...is that the case?

Thanks again.

100% POSITIVE that it would not just bolt onto my car. It was too high and did not match the fender lines. Also it was too narrow for my car. That is why I split it in the middle. lastly i wanted it mounted as far forward as possible to help with aerodynamics. hey every little helps. HAHA.

i cut off the vertical mounting flange cuz it was ugly.

what color are you going to powder coat your trim.

Thanks for the intel, Bryce. One thing, do you think your fiberglass fenders had anything to do with the bumper not fitting correctly?

I'm going all black on the trim. Unsure of the grill, but the rest will be black.

i dont think my fenders affected the width of the valance. The stone guard had the same alignment with the steel fenders and the fiberglass fenders.

Really like what you have done with the Falcon

Really like the racer slant. Heading in the same direction with my 67 Mustang.

Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by falcon65 View Post
      i dont think my fenders affected the width of the valance. The stone guard had the same alignment with the steel fenders and the fiberglass fenders.
      Thanks again..I'll ask about this and see what they say. Or, have you already done that?

i recorded some audio of my car pulling 6400 rpm.

Does anybody know how to post it. I used my cellphone and its a .wav file.

Falcon 65 I am interested in doing a similar front suspension on my 68 mustang with the same control arms... how did you mount the upper control arms all I can find are arms with mounts with 6 inch centers where as the mustangs (and I think falcons) are 5 inches center to center of mount bolts? Did you have something fabbed? thanks

I made both control arms.

The bolt spacing on the falcon is 3.75"

So I have been slacking on this project, sorry to the few of you that have been following it. I was busy with the 65 mustang coilover suspension that i designed and fabricated and installed.

Anyway, sort of an update. I ordered the heidts subframe connectors from a sponsor here, Route 66. I got a 10% discount which ended up being a 25% discount off of heidts prices. From all the pics i have seen of SFC for falcons these look the strongest to me. The SFCs look great. good fabrication and welds. I hope they fit well. I have never seen a picture with them installed.

Well i got those a few days ago, trial fit tonight when i get off work. the plan is to fit them then paint them. With those installed i can plan my 3-link upper link chassis mount. It will tie into the SFCs and the frame, this will give the appropriate triangulation. This was the last piece I needed to finish the design.

One step closer, I am excited. I still have some the fiberglass to finish on the mustang valance that I recently finished. I have to install the LED turn signals as well. But after that I will paint all the fiberglass my self. Just take it off and do it right. I recently sold the trim on the trunk for $450. So I will either fill the holes and paint the trunk too or go with a fiberglass trunk lid. I always want to save weight.

Thanks for following my build more updates this weekend. i will take some pictures from the sunday carshow. Dont worry I am going before the chargers play. HAHA.

Country Flag: Canada
      Looking good.
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

Jason

Thanks Jason,

I test fitted the heidts SFC they fit great. Im super happy. I will have pics when I put them in.

HEY....NO SLACKING!!! ;-)

The guy doing the body work received the apron for mine too....can't wait to see it.

Very cool Windsor, I would like to see how it mounts up. post lots of pics!!!

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by falcon65 View Post
      Thanks Jason,

I test fitted the heidts SFC they fit great. Im super happy. I will have pics when I put them in.
      It's good to hear something actually fit a Falcon. When I get my car done everything will be available for Falcons then.
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by fordsbyjay View Post
      It's good to hear something actually fit a Falcon. When I get my car done everything will be available for Falcons then.
      Yep, falcons are just different enough from mustangs that they get left out. Heidts did a great job with these.

So this weekend I will finish up the front valance. It needs some fiberglass work and filling and sanding.

then remount drive to car show. Come home take it off and paint it. put in the LED blinkers mount the horn and it will be done.

Then I can start on the SFC next week.

Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 55 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com