Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 51 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 61 ... LastLast
    Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2014
      hey Bryce I have been quietly following your progress. Congrats on the baby. We have (2) of the Simpson/Graco racing car seats and my boys were impossible to get out of them. The boys are now almost 6 & 8.

The simpson seats have lots of adjustment, easy to take apart to wash the covers and belts, they are very nice.

If you would consider them, send me a PM.

Rob

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by wellis77 View Post
      Pics of it on the ground please!!!
      I will get some later today. And I will get a picture of how I mini flared the front fenders.

Country Flag: Canada
      There is replacement parts available for the BG pumps. I will see if I can find out who seems how I can't remember it right now.

Here it is. I have heard good things about them so if you don't see what you need I would call them. Apparently their parts fix the problem with the BG design.

http://www.product-engr.com/replacements.htm
      Last edited by fordsbyjay; 05-28-2011 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Add link.
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

Jason

Thanks for the link Jason, I will look into this!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
      Thanks Rustomatic,

Good luck with your project. Is that a 63 falcon, hard to tell in the small picture.

Actually I have owned my car since I was 16, 11 years now. This is the longest it has ever been off the road. Since september when I ordered new wheels. But there has been many projects done on weekends. My front suspension I completed in 5 weeks. and that was the longest it sat prior to this susepnsion build.
      Bryce,

It's awesome that you've kept the car for so long. I went through a bunch of 65-68 Mustangs (6) and Broncos (2) in the 90s, up to about 2002 or so, when I found myself wondering why I was doing a 90 mile commute in a '68 Bronco that got 12 mpg. I never seemed to keep anything longer than about 2.5 years. The thing was, throughout my late teens and much of my 20s, I refused to drive anything made after 1968...

The Falcon's a 1963.5, and it's my first old car after nearly nine years of avoiding them. I thought something was really gone after not really liking Mustangs or Camaros anymore, but somehow the Falcon body style (and SBF/suspension layout) really struck a chord. Knowing most of the dos and don'ts from Mustangs has really helped in my approach to getting what I want out of the car--I can see that you've had some similar experience.

Here's to getting some real miles and sideways tire wear this summer!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
      you want to see the failure point on the pump?
      no i want to see the car lol
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

Quote Originally Posted by craigs73 View Post
      no i want to see the car lol
      Here are some updated pics of the car on the ground and the front fender strut I built to stretch the front fender.

Quote Originally Posted by fordsbyjay View Post
      There is replacement parts available for the BG pumps. I will see if I can find out who seems how I can't remember it right now.

Here it is. I have heard good things about them so if you don't see what you need I would call them. Apparently their parts fix the problem with the BG design.

http://www.product-engr.com/replacements.htm
      Jason,

I contacted them and John was super helpful. I now have the pump in the freezer, dont tell the wife! HAHA. They have the replacement seals so I will order that tomorrow if I can get the current pump apart.

Quote Originally Posted by rustomatic View Post
      Bryce,

It's awesome that you've kept the car for so long. I went through a bunch of 65-68 Mustangs (6) and Broncos (2) in the 90s, up to about 2002 or so, when I found myself wondering why I was doing a 90 mile commute in a '68 Bronco that got 12 mpg. I never seemed to keep anything longer than about 2.5 years. The thing was, throughout my late teens and much of my 20s, I refused to drive anything made after 1968...

The Falcon's a 1963.5, and it's my first old car after nearly nine years of avoiding them. I thought something was really gone after not really liking Mustangs or Camaros anymore, but somehow the Falcon body style (and SBF/suspension layout) really struck a chord. Knowing most of the dos and don'ts from Mustangs has really helped in my approach to getting what I want out of the car--I can see that you've had some similar experience.

Here's to getting some real miles and sideways tire wear this summer!
      Thanks! I am getting closer everyday to some summer fun.

the car looks good i really like what you have done with the front bumper............thats a pretty neat way to stretch fender how far did you stretch it out? only one problem i see with that is if you paint the car with it stretched, then you go to take fender off for what ever reason wouldn't that crack the paint? again the car looks great!!!
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

Country Flag: Canada
      Glad I could help. My girls have really been riding me lately about getting my Falcon done but I have been working on my 56 Mainline lately then this week I had to do some repair to my wifes T bucket so I have been to busy.
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

Jason

Bryce looking awesome let go for a drive buddy
      john
      1972 NOVA SPEED TECH TORQUE ARM AND FRONT ARMS , RUSHFORTH NIGHT TRAINS, DRIVERZ INC
      BUILD LINK
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...t-(GREY-MATTER)

Quote Originally Posted by fordsbyjay View Post
      Glad I could help. My girls have really been riding me lately about getting my Falcon done but I have been working on my 56 Mainline lately then this week I had to do some repair to my wifes T bucket so I have been to busy.
      Jason,

The freezer trick worked and I was able to remove the liner. So it looks like I will just order the seal kit and be on my way sooner than later. I will save the fuel tank build for another day. Thanks again for the link, this forum is awesome!

You need to get back out on the falcon. I know how it is having too many projects and not enough time. I have four cars, a house and a baby on the way. Its hard to find time to do it all.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny68 View Post
      Bryce looking awesome let go for a drive buddy
      john
      Seriously John!! I cant wait to drive this thing! I might not make the june 12th SCCA due to this new pump issue.

Couple of questions. Why did you stretch the fender? for tire clearance? and was that strut for looks too? cause that looks a little overbuilt for sheet-metal support. Anyway, looks great! can't wait to see it running.
      Benjamin

Twin Dusters
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Aero Duster" project
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Daily Duster" project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...RO-DUSTER-quot

Hey Bryce,
      It's been far too long since I've been on the site and checked out your Falcon, but as always your craftsmanship and execution are top notch! Glad to hear you've gotten it fired and will be driving it soon; congrats!
      Bob W.
      1964 Plymouth Fury
      2005 Cadillac CTS-V
      Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bjkadron View Post
      Couple of questions. Why did you stretch the fender? for tire clearance? and was that strut for looks too? cause that looks a little overbuilt for sheet-metal support. Anyway, looks great! can't wait to see it running.
      Thanks Benjamin,

I stretched the fender to gain tire clearance. It moved it out over an inch. Remember the fenders are fiberglass. THe strut was over kill. I wanted to go with 1/4" rod ends but the aluminum tube was only available in 3/8" LH/RH thread. The strut just made it really easy to dial in the stretch. It only weighs one pound per side.

Quote Originally Posted by craigs73 View Post
      the car looks good i really like what you have done with the front bumper............thats a pretty neat way to stretch fender how far did you stretch it out? only one problem i see with that is if you paint the car with it stretched, then you go to take fender off for what ever reason wouldn't that crack the paint? again the car looks great!!!
      Thanks Craig,

I stretched it over an inch. I jope the paint I end up using will take enough flex. I know that the gel coat that is on there right now has not cracked. Good point!

Quote Originally Posted by carnalsupply View Post
      Hey Bryce,
      It's been far too long since I've been on the site and checked out your Falcon, but as always your craftsmanship and execution are top notch! Glad to hear you've gotten it fired and will be driving it soon; congrats!
      Thanks Bob,

It good to see your project progressing. Thanks again for the encouragment!

I got the pump completly apart and seals on order. So this should be going back together next week in the same configuration and I will design and build my tank and new fuel system later on.

Page 51 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 61 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com