Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 54 ... LastLast
      love the tear drop hood. but have to ask. why put the hood pins so close together?

Josey Sandy
      have'n a badass car and not driving it is like having a playboy model as a wife and not......well, you know.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by thetoystore View Post
      love the tear drop hood. but have to ask. why put the hood pins so close together?

think about the location of the stock hood latch. This is also the location where i have an aluminum insert in the hood for the stock latch. I also thought it looked cool like that.

the suspension pieces are from speedway, afco and lefthander chassis as well as allstar products.

Quote Originally Posted by fordrule View Post
      awesome build. thats the apron I m putting on my 65 mustang coupe..looks awesome my brother had a 65 that i was going to get but he needed the cash and sold it on me so i got the mustang.

im wanting to redo my suspension since im going from 6 to 8. what parts were used and did u get it all from speedway?

The pieces are not really off the shelf. The upper ball joint holder was purchased as just the screw in holder and i welded on teh tabs for the clevises. The lower control arm consists of a ball joint holder, welded on tab, 1-1/4" DOM tub welded on at an angle to holder and a welded on gusset between the holder and tube. The coilover mounts on the LCA were purchased and welded also the sway bar mounts are just tabs welded on. The swedged steel tube is off the shelf. I wish i could help with part numbers but most of the items are garage built. The coilovers are 20.5" extended length double adjustable AFCOs.

I lowered the UCA 1.75" and 0.21" back. I kept the stock antidive angle and increased the caster and camber gain with the UCA relocation. I now have -0.66* camber gain per inch of drop.

Ask me any questions you have and i will try to help you set something up.

here are some cell phone pics

awesome pics man. wish I knew how to weld or at least had the time to learn. the brackets and all the arms look to be bought and just have to weld them together?

awesome man...I really am liking the valance! How many hours you got into it, you think?

Like the aluminum on your radiator support, too. Is that that just a cover over the sheetmetal?

Cool!

Great project, I really like the front end!

Randy(D&Z Customs LLC.)
      [email protected]
      1-262-347-9741

Quote Originally Posted by RJ66 View Post
      Great project, I really like the front end!

Randy(D&Z Customs LLC.)
      [email protected]
      1-262-347-9741

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by windsor View Post
      awesome man...I really am liking the valance! How many hours you got into it, you think?

Like the aluminum on your radiator support, too. Is that that just a cover over the sheetmetal?

Nope its not a cover. If you scroll back to the engine pics you can see the aluminum tube that goes across the front. i removed all the steel sheetmetal and replaced it with the aluminum. It is much stiffer and looks a lot better. The other nice thing is that it is a bolt in piece so it makes engine swaps a breeze.

I am probably around ten hours in the valance. I work a little slow, that way i ensure its perfect. That would be an expensive front end if a shop did it at $70-100 an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon65 View Post
      Nope its not a cover. If you scroll back to the engine pics you can see the aluminum tube that goes across the front. i removed all the steel sheetmetal and replaced it with the aluminum. It is much stiffer and looks a lot better. The other nice thing is that it is a bolt in piece so it makes engine swaps a breeze.
      Wow, and what was involved with that? Is it all bolt-in or did you do some welding? Looks very slick either way

the tube has a 1.5" x .125" aluminum bar welded to it along its length. I think you can see the welds in the pic. Then the side plates (with my trans cooler on the passenger side and my 6AL box on the driver side) are bolted to the aluminum bar and to the remaining steel of the car. The sides are bolted to the headlight bucket steel and the bottom is bolted to the lower front cross member.

i finally have a way to host pics

The first pic shows the welds on the tube for the aluminum bar. I guess its aluminum strip since bar is 1/4" or thicker and strip is less than 1/4" thick.

Thanks man, looks great and quite innovative! Your car is gonna be even more awesome when you get it painted.

Im really trying to decide what my next big project will be. Im thinking color matching the front end. I will paint it myself. Eventually the car will be orange or 2010 mustang grabber blue. I saw a lot of mustang at SEMA painted that color. It looked great, really bright and gets your attention.

Quote Originally Posted by windsor View Post
      Your car is gonna be even more awesome when you get it painted.
      It's awesome right now! Paint is overrated!
      Ron B - 1966 Ford Cortina work in progress. 5,0HO, T-5, 8inch with 3.00s, Megasquirt ECU, rollin'on 52 inches!

dont you just love the interchangeability of the mustang and falcon

Blue

Im really trying to decide what my next big project will be. Im thinking color matching the front end. I will paint it myself. Eventually the car will be orange or 2010 mustang grabber blue. I saw a lot of mustang at SEMA painted that color. It looked great, really bright and gets your attention.

I would go with the Grabber Blue with some satin black accents.

Randy(D&Z Customs LLC.)
      [email protected]
      1-262-347-9741

what are your ideas on the accents? I dont think i would paint all the stainless trim.

Obviously I have the black wheels so I like the look of the black accents.

Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 54 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com