Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 26 of 101 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 36 76 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
      Sounds like a good plan. With that experience you should get an interview anywhere.

At my college we had a class where we got use hand mills and lathes, with a few CNC stuff. That was my favorite class.
      Yeah I had that last semester.. It was a blast! Also, now I am a "certified machinist" and can use all their Shop any time their isn't a class in there. I'll be doing the CNC Programming class the spring semester so I should be able to make some cool stuff!

Benjamin

Twin Dusters
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Aero Duster" project
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Daily Duster" project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...RO-DUSTER-quot

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Bjkadron View Post
      Yeah I had that last semester.. It was a blast! Also, now I am a "certified machinist" and can use all their Shop any time their isn't a class in there. I'll be doing the CNC Programming class the spring semester so I should be able to make some cool stuff!
      That is awesome. You will be able to build some awesome things.

I got my tires mounted at driverz inc yesterday. I wish I got a picture of Jon working on my wheels. He had his new snapon machines and those are awesome.

I will post a picture later today of the front wheel on the car.

I got a lot of work done yesterday.

Bell crank is complete. The watts cradle is ready to be welded. I cut out the third think chassis mount. Things are coming along nicely now!

Once I get the leafs springs out the rear wheels can go in.

I got my tires mounted at driverz inc yesterday. I wish I got a picture of Jon working on my wheels. He had his new snapon machines and those are awesome.

I will post a picture later today of the front wheel on the car.
      Man, Jon is LEGIT these days... SnapOn!
      Phillip
      64 Studebaker Daytona Twin Turbo- http://bit.ly/1SgxQ0g
      65 Cutlass F-85 - http://bit.ly/1W4lJm4

Quote Originally Posted by PhillipM View Post
      Man, Jon is LEGIT these days... SnapOn!
      Jon is the man. I drive 150 miles just to have him mount my tires.

Where are the pics? I am anxious to see the wheels on your car. It should look great with some more tire underneath it too. Throw us a bone.
      Stephen

Stephen,

The pictures will be up later. But the wheel/tires look awesome!!

Thanks Matt, you are a younger guy too right?

I guess I am an enginerd (engineer + nerd)

I cant wait to drive the falcon either. I plan on having the car ready by RTTC. and GG in april for sure. It might not be painted but it will have a finished suspension under it but it will have an automatic.
      Yeah, I'm one of the younger guys. I have to say though, this community is really cool because age seems to be treated as a non-issue around here.

Also, don't worry about the automatic transmission. I don't mean to offend anyone on here, but it seems like at least half the people at events (myself included) had no idea how to effectively launch their manual trans cars on the autocross. Seemed like the the auto guys had better starts overall. I don't think automatic transmissions are as much of a limiting factor as people think. On the road course a driver who can hold a good line, and is familiar with his car will probably run faster in a single gear than someone who is shifting but unfamiliar with his car/track.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by 69MSA View Post
      Yeah, I'm one of the younger guys. I have to say though, this community is really cool because age seems to be treated as a non-issue around here.

Also, don't worry about the automatic transmission. I don't mean to offend anyone on here, but it seems like at least half the people at events (myself included) had no idea how to effectively launch their manual trans cars on the autocross. Seemed like the the auto guys had better starts overall. I don't think automatic transmissions are as much of a limiting factor as people think. On the road course a driver who can hold a good line, and is familiar with his car will probably run faster in a single gear than someone who is shifting but unfamiliar with his car/track.

Matt
      Good point Matt. That got me thinking. I think I can spend $3-4K in a better place at this point. This will be the first iteration of the falcon.

Country Flag: Canada
      I used to have an 85 Capri Rs and did some auto crossing back in the day and I don't know why everyone rags on the automatic. I found with the T5 you were either driving around at your redline or if you shifted to the next gear 2 seconds later you had to shift back down again. An automatic seemed more practical to me because you can shift up and down so fast in the short intervals of an auto X track.
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by 69MSA View Post

Also, don't worry about the automatic transmission. I don't mean to offend anyone on here, but it seems like at least half the people at events (myself included) had no idea how to effectively launch their manual trans cars on the autocross. Seemed like the the auto guys had better starts overall.
      Matt
      I agree Matt, especially after watching a lot of the guys at optima launch their manual cars for both the autoX and the speed-stop challenge. But hey, it's def not an easy thing to do even for a great driver -- launch a 500, 600, 700+ hp car with a big cam and 200+ treadwear tires.

Auto trans might make for a smoother and quicker launch or time, but it sure ain't as fun as rowing those gears.
      1968 Camaro widebody project
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

I guess we will see how it works in my car. You guys are giving me a confidence boost.

Need pictures of those sweet wheels mounted. I need Falcon inspiration!
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

I have been too busy working on the car to post pictures. I worked until 9 last night making the third link chassis mount. I have a cell phone picture I will try to get that posted today.

Wheel pics
      Attached Images Attached Images    

YEA! Been following!
      1993 Cobra #3591, AFR, DSS, IRS, OMG!

Wheel pics
      Come on, ON THE CAR - You're killing me smalls.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'

Quote Originally Posted by DynoDon View Post
      Come on, ON THE CAR - You're killing me smalls.
      Don this picture has one wheel on the car. Its just at full droop.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

That is gonna look great. Should have the perfect amount of sidewall for the car. Can't wait for more updates.
      Stephen

Page 26 of 101 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 36 76 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com