Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

DP40LF in colder temps

I have a fender in bare metal and need to get it covered in DP40. It is will be 50 degrees and rainy in the capitol city (Columbus) tonight when I go to spray the juice. Any suggestions on how to get the unheated garage/metal up to the temp of 65-70 degrees without blowing up myself? I was thinking of using my 2 halogen lamps on the metal, but I dont know if I can get them to completly cover the whole panel. I have a propane heater, but I am not too confident in using it while spraying volitile chemicals.

heater

i got a 300,000 btu propane indirect ceiling heater in my bodyshop and you can see flames when its on, and i prime and paint in the shop, not to many more times as i am in the process of installing a blowtherm downdraft booth, but a propane heater will be fine, but you do need moving air, even a box fan in the window will do just set it so it sucks out the over spray, it will be fine.
      also you want it at 70, and keep it above 60 all night, no hardner works below 60 and it will cease hardning until it gets back to 60 degrees or higher, painting cold metal is even worse, panels need to be warm.
      jake

I second that. I would've blown myself up years ago if it was that volitile. I have a infrared tube ceiling heater in my garage that is also open frame on the ignition. I ran it a couple years before I got around to run the cold air ductwork to draw fresh ignitor air.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com