Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Finally moving forward

Well it kinda moved forward. It took me 7 years to get this done the sad part is that I got it done in a day. Now the fun can really begin I've got all NOS sheetmetal in the basement along with some of my DSE stuff. I will picking up the rest labor day weekend at the Kansas goodguys event.
      Here's some pics of the progress more to come soon. Progress that is.

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/u...714_1_full.jpg
      http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/u...o/100_0778.jpg
      http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/u...o/100_0777.jpg

Last edited by mikey; 07-19-2009 at 09:00 PM. Reason: fixed links

Any progress is good. What are you going to use for a drive train?
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

After 17 years I can tell you that any progress is good and just stick with the main plan and only buy parts as you need them unless you know you have to have them and new is cheaper now than later. sheetmetal is definately something to buy when you get it cheaper.

You have a long way to go but you are in good company and the deals will keep flowing through the for sale section and if you buy right and be patient with a good solid plan you will do good in the end.

Goodluck and don't sweat the time.

The engine is still open possibly a hardcore 454 or one of his new hybrid LS SB setups. I'm also looking at a ls setup it will be carburated though. I've got most of my parts stashed in the basement just need brakes,wheels,and drivetrain. The main problem is time I keep fixing every body elses stuff. 17 years is a while but I've got you beat I bought it in oct. 88 have yet to drive it. I got so burn't out working on wrecks all day I would just come home open the garage door ( when it fit in there) and say screw it I'll work on it tomorrow. My daughters car was here for 5 years for some minor dents and a 1/4. I finally got fired up watching rides overhaulin and american hot rod one night about 4 years ago. That one night made me remember why I got into the body and paint business was to build hot rods.

All it takes is time and money...Most of the time I only have one or the other. It get frustrating but then you wrench a little here and there and you start to remember why you are doing it. Good luck I am 12 years deep in mine and have yet to drive it except on and off trailers from garage to garage.

I have the Hardcore 454 going in mine. If it works that LS/SB sounds cool.... You have some nice LS heads to use . The carbed LS might be cheaper.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

I was thinking of going with a carb for a couple of reasons. I would really like to seal it to my hood and make the cowl functional. The other is that I hate tuning cars by computer and just don't like the looks of the ls intakes. I'm basically going for a nice subtle look. I want it to turn up more surprises the harder you look. Nothing that really catches your eye at first except for bigger wheels.

Not much actual work has been done lately. So no new pics yet however. I did pick up the rest of my suspension pieces minus front swaybar and rear coilovers. Ive also started looking for a core LS motor that I can build and use for mockup. I also designed a really cool 3 piece spoiler that looks like a stock piece. I had been tossing around some ideas till I finally set on the current design. I did get a little demo done though started gutting some of the small stuff.

Finally I got some work done on it. Got the rearend torn out started gutting the rest of it. Hope to have it sitting on my body cart by next weekend

Mikey, how's it going man? Any more progress?
      Ryan
      1969 X11 Camaro- Peelin paint, rust, the whole works

Nope no new progress yet finally got the garage all remodeled after my little incident in it last may. Now I'm finishing up the kitchen and main bathroom. I plan to be done by labor day. Then all my projects but my car are done!!!

Lon term must be a Mustang Protouring trait. Mine was started in 1993. No basememt but have parts all over house, garage , & 2 storagw sheds. Latest targeted finish date is Nov 1 2012(gives me all winter to fine tune details).

Gimpyjoestoy

I still haven't finished in the house yet.Along with the house I've been working on my neighbor 64 C10. However I have found a little time to make a little progress.http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/u...o/Photo120.jpg
      Also bought myself a eary christmas gifthttp://i639.photobucket.com/albums/u...o/000_0035.jpg

Name:  IMG_0147.JPG
Views: 1434
Size:  560.3 KBName:  IMG_0149.JPG
Views: 1359
Size:  477.1 KBName:  IMG_0150.JPG
Views: 1415
Size:  516.9 KBWell I finally got around to actually doing some work on it this weekend. To be truthful I ran out of extra cash it's all tied up in my new shop. I also finished up the job that I had scheduled for this weekend so I fired up the plasma cutter and got out the die grinder and....... Updates will be coming more frequently now that I have the space to work on it and also have pretty much bought all of my parts

I got a little more time today. I got some more of the floor cut out and started working on the subframe. Soon as I get it trimmed up it's off to the media blaster
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Still been busy with getting the shop up and but I did take a little time today to actually do something productive. I got a good start on fitting the dse coilover conversion and did some more trimming on the body. I'm just opening up the body so I can get the inside media blasted soon as I do that I'll start with the floor pan then the 1/4s

any updates mikey?.........you starting your own shop up?
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

Yes I am opened it up September 1st been busy getting setup to be a vendor for several companies and I've been working on some new billet stuff and carbon fiber parts. Plus I've got a paying customer project that I'm working on can't show any pics yet though. I'm planning on getting back on it this weekend here's one that I did all the metal and bodywork to at my day job I've got around a 1000 hours in it the shop that does my paint work painted it

Couldn't get it to post on the previous reply

Well it's been a while since I've had some time to play with my camaro. Since I finished up the 64 C10.and got the t-bird back on the frame I found some time to do this

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast