Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Dmax camaro

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Dmax camaro

Started a new thread from tomba67's thread "the duramax camaro" since I continued his idea.

My project is a '67 rs camaro that I am throwing an '06 lbz duramax diesel engine in. Yes, it sounds a little insane, but it's what I've wanted to do for a long time now. And yes, it will fit.

So as of right now, I'm in the middle of replacing the right rear frame rail. It was damaged when the car was in an accident a number of years ago, and just looked ugly, so I bought a goodmark complete frame rail and am installing it. After that, I will finish the dse minitub install, since the driverside is already done.

As far as the engine goes, I'm researching and talking to some people on the diesel place forum to see if someone makes a shorter oil pan so I can mount the engine as low as possible. Mike Racke, the guy who built the duramax powered '70 chevelle (wow is all I can say!) cut his oil pan and shortened it that way, or so I've heard. Many options, but I haven't decided yet. I already have the hot rod stand alone wiring harness to get the motor running from ppe.

I have a chris alston chassisworks g machine front subframe that I know will handle the weight and size of the motor. I also have their subframe connectors, and I'm considering tying in a rollcage through the floor and attatching it to the chassis for added rigidity.

I'm using the air ride bolt in 4 link setup out back which I need to modify because of the minitubs. A fab9 rear axle will be ordered from chassisworks once I get the framerail and tub job done.

I'm going to mount a 47rh chrysler tranny behind it (based off of the 727) using and adapter plate from suncoast converters. It's not electronic, so it will be easy to set up.

I'm replacing the floors, trunk floor, tail panel and both quarters. Possibly widening the quarters so I can fit a wider rear tire, kinda like the baldwin motion camaro.

Can't think of much else other than that right now. I will be working on the car this weekend, so I will take pictures and post them for all of you.
      Last edited by andrewb70; 08-02-2009 at 09:36 AM.
      '67 RS Duramax Camaro, Chassisworks subframes and cage, Built Not Bought

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=57718

'94 4x4 rclb 12v cummins, twin turbo grocery getter

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com