Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

The Graduate - 69 Camaro

After I graduated high school, my dad went out and found a 1969 Camaro and surprised me with it. It started life as a plane Jane 307 / Powerglide car with column shift, but did have AC. Back in 1998 I had an Art Rasmussen / Wayne Due sub frame and C4 rear waiting to go in. The problem was I was broke, paying of school loans and couldn't finish the project.... Sold the parts and kept the car....

Fast forward to today. I moved a few times and I'm now in Las Vegas and the car is still in Pennsylvania. I just got back from a trip where I pulled the car out and cleaned up 16 years of mouse houses and dust. I have two plans so far...

Plan A: Have my dads local mechanic get the car running with the original 307 and a Saginaw 4speed I picked up while I was there, the drive it home next summer.
      Plan B: New wheels and tires on the neglected enclosed trailer and have the mechanic service the bearings and rewire the lights so it can be brought back to me here in Vegas.

Here are some pics of the car after 16 years in hibernation....

Attached Images Attached Images      
      Rich
      1969 Camaro (in hibernation)
      1972 K5 Blazer - LQ9, 4L80e, NP205, D60, AAM 14BFF => http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=423432

I'll keep updating this as I go along. I hope to get the car running on the cheap.... but I have a LS3/480hp crate motor sitting in my garage. I want a DES front clip and an AME 3 link rear down the road. Right now I'm finishing up a 1972 K5 Blazer with a LQ9 6.0l/4L80e swap.... so progress will be slow. I hope this site will keep me motivated....
      Rich
      1972 K5 Blazer - LQ9, 4L80e, NP205, D60, AAM 14BFF => http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=423432

Keep us updated on your projects. Where's the car in PA?

The car is in the north east corner of PA, the bigest town near by being Scranton...

Here is what I bought before leaveing PA, a Saginaw 4 speed with Hurst shifter and an aluminum bell housing from a Corvette. I also got the fly wheel from the same Vette but it needs to be resurfaced.

Name:  Saginaw.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  299.3 KB
      Rich

So I just picked up some drum hubs and spindles from a local member. (Thanks Chris) I just ordered some longer (Dorman 610-157) wheel studs. I sent a PM to someone on another Camaro board for the laser cut brackets to mount the 98-02 LS1 Camaro calipers to the 1st Gen spindles. I'll take everything to Dan's Driveline and have the hubs machined along with the spindle and the new studs pressed in. After that I have to send it all to Pennsylvania to be put on the car...
      Rich

Good meeting up with you today Rich.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Nothing lately... just think of all the systems that need to be addressed. Trying to plan some things so I wouldn't have to redo everything. I was wondering if anyone ever moved the main fuse block to somewhere other than under the drivers side dash. I was thinking about the AAW severe duty universal system 510564 and mounting it on the trans tunnel towards the passenger side for ease of access. This AAW kit is designed to be in the element, so I could mount it to the firewall in the engine bay. I planned to mount the ECU for the future LS3 there as well...

Rich

Wow that's a nice kit! Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by MCMLXIX View Post
      Nothing lately... just think of all the systems that need to be addressed. Trying to plan some things so I wouldn't have to redo everything. I was wondering if anyone ever moved the main fuse block to somewhere other than under the drivers side dash. I was thinking about the AAW severe duty universal system 510564 and mounting it on the trans tunnel towards the passenger side for ease of access. This AAW kit is designed to be in the element, so I could mount it to the firewall in the engine bay. I planned to mount the ECU for the future LS3 there as well...

From a place you will not see comes a sound you will not hear....

67 Camaro In progress

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Tap-67-camaro

You may be interested in these when the time comes.
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place.
      69 GTO
      72 FIREBIRD
      64 BONNEVILLE FUNERAL COACH
      70 JAVELIN
      52 F1 FORD PU
      29 FORD PU
      85 ALFA ROMEO
      ASSORTED DUCATI'S
      91 BLAZER LOWRIDER

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com