Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast
      Why is it that they all look pretty cool in these pics, but every time I see one in person I just shake my head? Perhaps it's because they're usually being driven by mullet headed rednecks in faded black hair metal t-shirts? Could be...

BTW, after looking at all these pics, the biggest styling tragedy for these cars must be a cowl hood... not at all complimentary to the car's lines.

My issue with those cars is the strut suspensions, and the narrow wheelbase combined with a 192" length. They're 7" shorter in the wheelbase than a first and second gen, but 6" longer in length.
      Matt Jones
      Mechanical Engineer
      Art Morrison Enterprises

Just found this thread a couple of days ago. I'm on my third 3rd gen. I have always liked their looks more than I disliked the whole mullet/hair metal thing. IMO the best looking Camaro of all time is the split bumper 2nd gen, then the 3rd, the 1st, (can't hang with the chopped off front end) the 5th and the 4th. Just my taste. As far as the performance and handling weaknesses are concerned; that's why we have DSE, Global West, Wilwood, etc., etc., etc. Hopefully the 3rds will get more respect as time passes. In my town, virtually every time I take my '89 IROC out for a spin, some thirtysomething guy at a stop light offers to buy it. The best was a guy who said: "It sounds angry!" Thank you Chevrolet and Flowmaster!

3rdGens look the best imo. I love my 1st Gens also.

This is my 92 vert in the works. engine is done. needs tuned. exterior needs wing and paint.finish off roll bar,

Doing the 2 tone thing. black on top, white on bottom.

info on car in sig
      92 Vert | 383 LT1 | Ported heads | Callies dragon slayer crank & rods | JE Pistons | Novi 2000 supercharger | SLP Headers | spohon suspension |TH400 | 9bolt with 3.45's.

Country Flag: Canada
      I always liked the roof line of the 3rd gen rag tops when the roof was up. If the same roof had been available in steel I would have one.

Ken
      If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
      My other car is a Vega.

Here is my buddy's 82 Trans Am. Had been in a trailer since 92' with only 35k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenova View Post
      I always liked the roof line of the 3rd gen rag tops when the roof was up. If the same roof had been available in steel I would have one.

Ken
      x2,
      http://www.cecoatings.com/images/Car...tatbeach16.jpg

once of these days I plan to make a fiberglass hardtop for it.
      92 Vert | 383 LT1 | Ported heads | Callies dragon slayer crank & rods | JE Pistons | Novi 2000 supercharger | SLP Headers | spohon suspension |TH400 | 9bolt with 3.45's.

heres my 89 third gen I picked up for $3500 a month ago....

had a 87 since 1990 but it needed alot of work to get it back on the road.....this thing came up....almost identical to my old one, 305 tpi, 5 spd, 4 whl disc....put my good "one line" (thirdgen speak) 87 wheels on it new tires, new brakes and an O2 sensor and Im rollin'....buffed up the faded paint got the car professionally detailed and steam cleaned to get the stench out....feels really good....sold my other one in a heartbeat, the guy is going to put an LS1 and 6spd in it

let all my fiends go for a drive in it.....then the "no respect" third gen has plenty of respect when they get back, they love it, nothing like a clean running torquey v8 and a slick shifting 5spd.....I tell them to find an open stretch of road get to 1500 rpm in 4th and floor it to redline and hold on while the tpi pulls cleanly from 15mph to over 100.

I want to make a "GT'/mild track day car out of this one, frame connectors, aftermarket track bar, lower control arms, Koni's, GOOD stereo, some nice sport seats.....something I wouldnt hesitate to hop in and in a moments notice and drive cross country with the A/C on....at this point I got like 5gs in the car

Nascar 69 Chevelle project, 1999 Hutch Pagan Nascar chassis, 69 Chevelle body,700hp, Penske's, slicks, roadrace track day https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...le-Cup-project
      89 Iroc 406 Fitech 5 spd
      01 chevy 2500HD 4x4 8.1 Allison
      31 Scarab 2 x 454

Country Flag: Netherlands
      Here's my 87 build:

It's sort of a pro touring. Lowered susp. w/ upgrades (eibachs, konis, baer 13" track brakes, all poly bushings, J&M strut towers, strut tower brace, full stainless exhaust, beefed up 700R4, Procharged 350, watts linkage, 12" rear calipers, 9 bolt w/ upgrades & girdle cover...blablablabla)

Nice!....do you have a build thread on here?..Id love to see all the details.
      Nascar 69 Chevelle project, 1999 Hutch Pagan Nascar chassis, 69 Chevelle body,700hp, Penske's, slicks, roadrace track day https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...le-Cup-project
      89 Iroc 406 Fitech 5 spd
      31 Scarab 2 x 454

I love it!

Twin Turbo,
      I'm like Shortrack; more details please!! My red '89 IROC has all the suspension goodies Global West had in their inventory back in '99 plus Wilwood frontbrakes and Fikse FM5s. (collector's items now, I suppose) There's also some other stuff; blablabla like you said. The project is currently stalled because of-big surprise-money and I'd love to hear more about a project similar to mine that's actually moving forward!
      Best,
      Chuck

now THATS what im talking about!

Country Flag: Netherlands
      No thread here, but I do have one on 3rdgen. It's nothing really spectacular..just a street build. I didn't want to go all crazy with it like on the 77 and especially the 82 vette (which I haven't worked on in over 2 years)

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/me...t-my-87-a.html

Country Flag: United States
      I like 3rd gens. My family has 3 of them, 82 ta, 89rs, 91 ta.
      Jeff Schwartz 815-770-0751
      SchwartzPerformance
      Where classic style meets modern performance.
      455 Commanche Circle
      Harvard IL 60033
      SchwartzPerformance.com | Facebook | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo View Post
      No thread here, but I do have one on 3rdgen. It's nothing really spectacular..just a street build. I didn't want to go all crazy with it like on the 77 and especially the 82 vette (which I haven't worked on in over 2 years)

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/me...t-my-87-a.html
      www.thirdgen.org is an awesome site....
      89 Iroc 406 Fitech 5 spd
      31 Scarab 2 x 454

Quote Originally Posted by shortrack View Post
      www.thirdgen.org is an awesome site....
      Yeah...until you answer the same question, again, and again, and again...

Quote Originally Posted by jeff s View Post
      I like 3rd gens. My family has 3 of them, 82 ta, 89rs, 91 ta.
      Jeff I'd really like to see what you could do with one, so maybe if you need a donor car for twin turbo LS3 or something... Call me
      Brandon Pursley,

Quote Originally Posted by BADNBLK View Post
      Jeff I'd really like to see what you could do with one, so maybe if you need a donor car for twin turbo LS3 or something... Call me
      The 89 and 91's are both stock (for now)
      my 82 is 'complete' for the time being.

I've had this IROC for ~14 yrs now. 3 years ago swapped in an ls1 / t56. Has suspension mods, ground control setup, etc. Handles nicely, nothing too fancy. I do a little of everything - auto-x, drag, track day, but my main pleasure is drifting.

(I have since gotten rid of the restrictive stock TPI intake setup)

Video of us playing around -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ERW_DyecZU

I like the way they look, etc.

James

that first camaro is awesome! And the first page from Mr. Vengance the white camaro. Some sick rides on here.

I had a 89 Iroc Fully loaded to the hill! Even the stupid overhead console and compass. I just sold it this year. But I bought it this year too. LOL.

Bought it from a friend who was going through a tough divorce. Once he realized she wasnt gonna try and get the car from him, I sold it back to him for same price (although I busted my ass fixing it up AND taking out the ****ing stupid ricer gauges and blue indiglo lighting under the dash).

Such rice. lol

But anyways, back to the subject.. sick cars

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com