Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 70TWO NOVA View Post
      Thanks, I was thinking about changing out the front spoiler too, but in the interest of money we are gonna keep it all 90 (since this is a budget project for my fiance and I). The Hood is actually the stock 90 louvered hood that we cut up to make functional. Wanted something different. It should help cool the engine compartment in the hot summers he we have here lol
      I think that the hood looks really good, and would love to see some more pics of it! I have been thinking of making my 91-92 power blister hood functional..... But still waiting for MR.V to tell me he can get a carbon fiber heat extractor hood in a suit case

Brandon Pursley,

I would but i got 2 Geisha girls in there fighting for my attention already.. good thing i got enough Sake to calm the nerves.

I was working on a 3rd gen concept a couple of years ago:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=29442

I made the decision to delay the build due to new projects and dollars/sense.

This is the car I was going to use and is really nice as is (currently for sale):
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=54455

Check out the RadRides.com site. Someone is having Troy go crazy on a 3rd gen. Can't wait to see how that one turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil B View Post
      I was working on a 3rd gen concept a couple of years ago:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=29442
      That thing is quite inspirational for, so much so Ive tweaked it multiple times in photoshop to try to figure out how I want to lay out my paint and a few other ideas. So if you see that rendering pop up in orange somewhere, its probably my fault. Thanks.

this one is pretty raw..

My '92 RS (owned since new) 270K miles.
      Crate motor, TKO, 3.73 Gears, Lots of mods, worth about 1/20th of what I've got in it.
      -Rich-
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      '72 Camaro RS/SS350: (ZZ383-TH350) Under Construction

'88 IROC L98 (TPI 383-700R4)

'70 VW Beetle (1600cc-Auto-Stick)

'92 Camaro RS (Carbed 350-TKO)

'04 Chevy Tahoe-Daily Driver (5.3-4L60E)

'29 Ford Sedan (Carbed 350-T5 ...Grandpa's RatRod)

Quote Originally Posted by rich_fbodySS View Post
      My '92 RS (owned since new) 270K miles.
      Crate motor, TKO, 3.73 Gears, Lots of mods, worth about 1/20th of what I've got in it.
      -Rich-
      I would beg to differ, that car is priceless to you. Looks great and I can't even begin to imagine the history. Never sell it!
      Stephen

Here's mine that never gets driven..mostly stock with some bolt ons.

Ray S.

Where is this car? Any interior shots? Specs/info?

I just wish I had enough hair for a mullet! I've been thinking about building an IROC...LS1/6 touring car...this one sure hit's the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.VENGEANCE View Post
      saw this car and got a stiffy...

not sure.. it was on Cardomain.com

im sure its on there have a look.

Thanks...got lucky and found it. Tons of info, specs and pics. If you have an Aug 2008 Hot Rod magazine laying around it's in there too.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2496232

damn that looks SERIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.VENGEANCE View Post
      damn that looks SERIOUS!
      He put down some serious numbers for a stock bottom end 305! 459HP, and 479tq..... I need a pro-charger!!!
      Brandon Pursley,

This is a friends Camaro 3-gen.
      If there are any questions just shoot because the forum is in swedish..

http://www.camaroforumet.se/viewtopic.php?id=6577&p=1
      Camaro 1968

LS3 with T56
      Hotchkis TVS system
      Guldstrand mod.
      Wilwood 6 piston caliper with 13" rotors up front
      Wilwood 4 piston caliper 12" rotors in back
      Eagle Alloys "212" series rims 18*8 front 18*9,5 back
      Fiberglass 4" cowlhood
      9.99sek. rollcage

Look at our webcamera: http://www.abymotorklubb.se click at "Garagekamera"

The car looks great...
      But I really can't consider the 3rd gen F-Body or the Fox Body Mustang for that matter to be pro touring cars.
      Factory F/I, factory overdriver transmissions, factory 4-wheel discbrakes with ABS.

Again the cars can be very cool (I had one), but you have to draw the pro-touring line somewhere.

Thoughts??
      1971 Camaro, 383 stroker ~500HP,M21 Trans with lightened flywheel. All Sorts of Auto-x Goodness in the Suspension. 12" Brakes ->SOLD

But ask me about my 2004 STi Auto-x car...

Just call me Brett

I agree...

Quote Originally Posted by Lowend View Post
      The car looks great...
      But I really can't consider the 3rd gen F-Body or the Fox Body Mustang for that matter to be pro touring cars.
      Factory F/I, factory overdriver transmissions, factory 4-wheel discbrakes with ABS.

Again the cars can be very cool (I had one), but you have to draw the pro-touring line somewhere.

Thoughts??
      So my 17 year old car that I have upgraded the engine, trans, brakes, suspension, interior, and exterior isn't considered a
      "pro-touring car"? I thought the point of pro-touring was to make an older car a better performing by using newer technology.

I absolutely consider my car both a street fighter and a pro-touring car. We all can't afford to have 69 camaros or mustang fastbacks.
      James Greenwell
      1991 Z28 "TrakCar"
      LS2/ T56 430 hp/ 435 tq
      Never Done/ Money pit

1972 Buick Skylark "Benchwarmer"
      455 stage 1, 700r4

1989 Trans Am TTA #657
      3.8l V6 Turbo cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Lowend View Post
      The car looks great...

Thoughts??
      I can agree to an extent... Most "pro-touring" cars are much older and having to over come some challenges that the 3rd gens did not (fuel injection and overdrive). In the case of the third gen the benefits that are listed as reasons "we" do not fit the criteria, don't count in my view as the Factory F.I. is inadequate for making what is an average HP numbers around here. Neither of the overdrive transmissions will hold up to any additional power. 4 wheel disc is optional on some Z28/IROCS, and still when equipped, you get 10" discs! (69 Z28 = 4 wheel disc). Some of us still had to convert from drums. ABS was not available at all, and not like any one else around here is out running to install ABS on their 1st gen.

Basically, even though we got some improved parts for being a newer car. Those parts are still have to be upgraded and replaced as almost everyone else is having to do to get the handling and performance that they expect from a "pro-touring" vehicle.

But still, nobody ever walks up to my car and says "I like the pro- touring style you got going" Oh well
      Brandon Pursley,

Well...let's put it like this.

My 88 has received a modified 350TPI engine with a 700R4, better brakes via upgraded discs and a Ford 8.8 rear for more strength. I have racing seats and Corbeau harnesses, AutoMeter gauges, aluminum radiator, modified suspension....many of the things that most of the members have done here.

My 88 happens to also be a Jeep YJ but I doubt you would consider it a Pro Touring rig.

My point is that your IROC/Z28/Camaro, etc will probably get around a race track faster than a stock 68 Camaro because it has better brakes/suspension from the factory and except for a few examples just about as much power.

I think Pro Touring is more about bringing old iron up to modern specs. Now....having said that, comparing a 92 Camaro to a 09 Vette might be the same but the origination of Pro Touring was and I think still is, geared towards older 60's and 70's vehicles.

Can we not have this dumb-ass pro-touring definition discussion again.

back on topic:

lingenfelter sticker, I know nothing about it, but the possibilities are endless:

330 H.O. gm crate, edelbrock carb/intake, headman headers,T-56 6 speed, mcleod clutch, hurst shifter looking for a home.
      1969 Camaro- under eternal restoration

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com