Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by TnBlkC230WZ View Post
      Any idea if these will fit a 3rd gen Nova? That part of the car is very similar to a 1st gen Camaro.
      I can't verify it, but I would have to say it is unlikely.

Sorry.

Brian

Check out my web site.
      http://screaminperformance.net

To anyone within ear shot. We just used a set of these in a 68 Camaro we just finished. What a nice part! Fit great and really solves a problem. This is a real winner product.

Thanks guys!

Thanks Frank !

I'm glad you like Them.

Brian
      Check out my web site.

I just rec'd my set, but haven't installed them yet. I must say, these are very, very nice, and worth every penny!

1969 Firebird, Black, Parchment Arizen interior, Poncho 383 (4" crank), Kauffman heads, TKO600, Moser 12 bolt, Wilwoods, DSE, Speed Tech, Koni, Hotchkis, GW, 18" TTI's, VA Gen IV, etc.

Very cool. I'll have to get a set for my 67
      Traven

Has anyone installed these with Vintage Air's Gen IV kit? Looks like VA routes the hoses through the blower hole and in through the hole behind the speakers. Will this interfere with the panels? I bought the close-outs too, so looks like the pass side won't fit with the hoses.

Thoughts?

1969 Firebird, Black, Parchment Arizen interior, Poncho 383 (4" crank), Kauffman heads, TKO600, Moser 12 bolt, Wilwoods, DSE, Speed Tech, Koni, Hotchkis, GW, 18" TTI's, VA Gen IV, etc.

Search this thread for Vintage. Several comments on the subject.
      67 Firebird Convert 455 +.060 Johnny Winters TH400 74cc KRE d-port flowed @ 310 cfm heads piston dished 16cc H-beam rods Comp Cam 305-AH-8 cam 108* LSA 253/260 @.050 duration .577/.594 lift w/1.65 rockers Ford 9" 3.55 Detroit Locker M/T Sportsman Radials 31x18x15 on Convo Pro 15x15s

Honest dad that 455 on the side of the block is a serial number

Quote Originally Posted by Josh69 View Post
      Has anyone installed these with Vintage Air's Gen IV kit? Looks like VA routes the hoses through the blower hole and in through the hole behind the speakers. Will this interfere with the panels? I bought the close-outs too, so looks like the pass side won't fit with the hoses.

Thoughts?
      Josh,
      Yes these will work with VA Gen IV. I have them installed in my 68 with Vintage Air.

Thanks,
      Brian
      Check out my web site.

I stopped by their shop yesterday to see these panels in person. Very nice item. Quality is top notch. If I decide to put 6.5 components in my kicks I'll definately use these panels. I'm still deciding between the Infinity Kappa 6.5 components and a set of free Infinity Kappa 4x6 plates crossed to remove the low end.

But you could not do better for your 1st gen by using these panels for your system.
      67 Firebird Convert 455 +.060 Johnny Winters TH400 74cc KRE d-port flowed @ 310 cfm heads piston dished 16cc H-beam rods Comp Cam 305-AH-8 cam 108* LSA 253/260 @.050 duration .577/.594 lift w/1.65 rockers Ford 9" 3.55 Detroit Locker M/T Sportsman Radials 31x18x15 on Convo Pro 15x15s

Honest dad that 455 on the side of the block is a serial number

Anyone ever try using these slick kick-panels with a set of 5-1/4" speakers using an adapter plate?

Something like these:
      http://www.crutchfield.com/S-QytzjWn...-Brackets.html

or

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...t-40-7235.html

Or is there not enough recess in the speaker opening to mount an adapter plate?

Thanks!

Any plans for a second gen camaro?
      Who is wise? One who learns from every man... Who is strong? One who overpowers his inclinations... Who is rich? One who is satisfied with his lot... Who is honorable? One who honors his fellows" - Ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, 4:1

We are working on second gen Kicks right now ! I will keep you posted.

Thanks,
      Brian
      Check out my web site.

Sounds good count me in when those are available!
      Who is wise? One who learns from every man... Who is strong? One who overpowers his inclinations... Who is rich? One who is satisfied with his lot... Who is honorable? One who honors his fellows" - Ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, 4:1

I got the kick panels and close out cans for my 67 Firebird. The quality is top notch and the close out cans fit perfectly. I do have a question for those who installed their panels though. Is there suppose to be a gap between the cans and kick panels? I installed the driver side panel and there is a 1/2" gap between the panel and close out can. I took out the carpet and it made no difference. Same gap on the pass side. The panel edges were butted up against the frame.

Thanks,
      Tu
      Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

Tu,
      Yes, there should be a gap between the can and the kick panel. Glad you like the panels!

thanks,
      Brian
      Check out my web site.

Quote Originally Posted by 67speedfreak View Post
      Tu,
      Yes, there should be a gap between the can and the kick panel. Glad you like the panels!

thanks,
      Brian
      Thanks. I was worried that the panel got warped or something.

Tu
      Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

Ordered a set a bit ago and just got around to installing them. Very nice product definitely recommended.

My car isn't on the road yet, but wired up my stereo to have something to listen to while working on the car and it sounds very nice. Very easy straight forward install. I was trying to see if I could get 5-1/4" speakers to fit, but just bit the bullet and bought 6-1/2" speakers and will resell the 5-1/4"s.

Using the Polk speaker grills temporarily since they are easier to remove, then once interior is on final assembly will use the nicer grills.

Brian - you guys happen to sell the grills separately? Wouldn't mind a set for my rear speakers to match, thx.

Quote Originally Posted by 1969CamaroRS View Post
      Ordered a set a bit ago and just got around to installing them. Very nice product definitely recommended.

My car isn't on the road yet, but wired up my stereo to have something to listen to while working on the car and it sounds very nice. Very easy straight forward install. I was trying to see if I could get 5-1/4" speakers to fit, but just bit the bullet and bought 6-1/2" speakers and will resell the 5-1/4"s.

Using the Polk speaker grills temporarily since they are easier to remove, then once interior is on final assembly will use the nicer grills.

Brian - you guys happen to sell the grills separately? Wouldn't mind a set for my rear speakers to match, thx.
      Ed, Glad you like the grills ! Yes I can sell you a set of grill, shot me an email.

Thanks, Brian
      Check out my web site.

Here are pics of a set of kick panels we covered for a customer .

Check out my web site.

Check out my web site.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com