Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Will you be offering these for any other applications? Like maybe a '70 Chevelle?

Quote Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication Inc. View Post
      Will you be offering these for any other applications? Like maybe a '70 Chevelle?
      Ahem!! The 65's would like to know too.

let me know the pricing too :D

X2 on the 70-72 chevelle application!

I will be one of your first buyers if that happens.

I also woulnd't mind a rear deck with the 6.5 mid and 10in sub setup.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted on new products!

I just happen to have a 70 Elcamino in the shop right know.

Looks like I'll be fitting some kicks !

Second gens are coming too!
      Check out my web site.
      http://screaminperformance.net

SWEET!

Ill keep an eye on this thread for the release of the a-body kicks!

Will the kicks work with vintage air equipped a-bodys?

question?

would these fit a 68 Firebird?

do they make these with no hole at all for 68 camaro
      David Badley

Installed mine in a 69 Camaro. The fit was great, contours were dead on. I only have 2 inputs on these panels, first if you have vintage air installed you might want to drill the holes before you install the ac unit. The use of a right angle drill might have saved some headaches. The other is the holes for the midrange speakers had to be opened up for the choice of speakers I chose. I wanted matching speakers for my already purchased rear 6x9's.

I do have to say that the customer service was great. My parents ordered these for me at Christmas and they never used "never heard of " paypal. They talked my mom through this and said if she had any questions to call them back.

Thanks again for a great product.
      Mark Antrim

Quote Originally Posted by Bob's68 View Post
      question?

would these fit a 68 Firebird?
      Yes they do !

Thanks,
      Brian
      Check out my web site.

Quote Originally Posted by 676869addict View Post
      do they make these with no hole at all for 68 camaro
      Sorry we don't.

Thanks,
      Brian
      Check out my web site.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Antrim View Post
      Installed mine in a 69 Camaro. The fit was great, contours were dead on. I only have 2 inputs on these panels, first if you have vintage air installed you might want to drill the holes before you install the ac unit. The use of a right angle drill might have saved some headaches. The other is the holes for the midrange speakers had to be opened up for the choice of speakers I chose. I wanted matching speakers for my already purchased rear 6x9's.

I do have to say that the customer service was great. My parents ordered these for me at Christmas and they never used "never heard of " paypal. They talked my mom through this and said if she had any questions to call them back.

Thanks again for a great product.
      Mark Antrim
      Mark,
      Glad you like the panels!

Thanks,
      Brian
      Check out my web site.

Sound

I am leaning towards these, can anyone tell me how does the system sound? I wander how hard it would be to make panels that bolt to the undersider of the dash that follows the contours of the AC, parking brake etc, to prevent the sound waves from being absorbed under the dash?
      Tony H.

pricing for a 67 with vintage air unit please?

Quote Originally Posted by 67speedfreak View Post
      Screamin' Performance is proud to offer these custom kick panels for 67-69 Camaros.

They fit a 6.5 in mid driver and a 1in tweeter. These were designed around Boston acoustic pro speakers but will fit most others.
      Awesome work. I am pretty sure I'd like a set of these, but want to verify a few things as I won't be using the Boston Pro's.

I assume that these are setup for the Boston Pro60SE
      http://mobile.bostonacoustics.com/ma...ro60SE_man.pdf

My questions related to what will fit:
      1) What is the dimensions of the grill you are using and is there any extra space for a slightly larger speaker. I notice on the BPro spec sheet their grill is 7" (177mm).
      2) They also show 37mm of clearance for the driver and its xmax, is the grill you are supplying comparable?
      3) The Pro60SE are 2.5" (63mm) deep. Is there any extra clearance for a deeper driver? (80mm would be my target)
      4) The basket diameter of the speaker is 5.25"(133mm), how much extra clearance is there around the driver? (for instance would 145mm fit?)
      5) The tweeter cut out shows a 1.75" (46mm) cutout, with a flange of 2.5".

Other general questions:
      6) Where are the tweeters aimed to? (my goal here is to understand how far off axis from the drivers ears I need to plan as I pick my drivers)
      7) If you do not run the protective cup, how much of the elements do you think the driver will be exposed to?
      8) To install the panels does it require that you bend them or do they go in even if they were stiff? (I plan on adding some mass and deadener to the panels to further reduce any resonances)

Sorry for all of the questions, although hopefully they will help others as well. As an aside the reason for my questions are that I have a large collection of 7" (175mm) drivers that I would like to audition in the car before selecting which ones to actually use. In the non-car world this is a very common size although less so in the mobile world. Considering I am a midbass nut having more dynamic capability both from Xmax and from Sd is something I'd like to have. If they won't fit, it will mean I will just have to adjust and go with a more normal 6.5" driver, but I wanted to ask as using what I have already is of obvious benefit.

Thank you.

Sean

edit: for a 69 Firebird
      Last edited by SeanH; 03-30-2010 at 05:27 AM. Reason: add car type

Quote Originally Posted by dlouie87 View Post
      pricing for a 67 with vintage air unit please?
      Kick panels with cans are $325.00 plus shipping to your address.

Thanks,
      Brian
      Check out my web site.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanH View Post
      Awesome work. I am pretty sure I'd like a set of these, but want to verify a few things as I won't be using the Boston Pro's.

I assume that these are setup for the Boston Pro60SE
      http://mobile.bostonacoustics.com/ma...ro60SE_man.pdf

My questions related to what will fit:
      1) What is the dimensions of the grill you are using and is there any extra space for a slightly larger speaker. I notice on the BPro spec sheet their grill is 7" (177mm).
      2) They also show 37mm of clearance for the driver and its xmax, is the grill you are supplying comparable?
      3) The Pro60SE are 2.5" (63mm) deep. Is there any extra clearance for a deeper driver? (80mm would be my target)
      4) The basket diameter of the speaker is 5.25"(133mm), how much extra clearance is there around the driver? (for instance would 145mm fit?)
      5) The tweeter cut out shows a 1.75" (46mm) cutout, with a flange of 2.5".

Other general questions:
      6) Where are the tweeters aimed to? (my goal here is to understand how far off axis from the drivers ears I need to plan as I pick my drivers)
      7) If you do not run the protective cup, how much of the elements do you think the driver will be exposed to?
      8) To install the panels does it require that you bend them or do they go in even if they were stiff? (I plan on adding some mass and deadener to the panels to further reduce any resonances)

Sorry for all of the questions, although hopefully they will help others as well. As an aside the reason for my questions are that I have a large collection of 7" (175mm) drivers that I would like to audition in the car before selecting which ones to actually use. In the non-car world this is a very common size although less so in the mobile world. Considering I am a midbass nut having more dynamic capability both from Xmax and from Sd is something I'd like to have. If they won't fit, it will mean I will just have to adjust and go with a more normal 6.5" driver, but I wanted to ask as using what I have already is of obvious benefit.

Thank you.

Sean

edit: for a 69 Firebird
      OK, That is alot of info but I will try and answer your questions.

The grill we are using measures 7"

The close out cans are 3.5" deep for speaker clearance

Yes I believe there is extra clearance around the driver

The tweeters are angled so the the drivers faces the passenger and the pass faces the driver.

The cans seal off the kick opening from the elements. Without them water will leak in when it rains.

The panesl should not require bending to fit, we spent alot of time on fitment.

Thanks,
      Brian
      Check out my web site.

Thank you for the reply. One bit of clarification, does the inside of the grill measure 7" or the outside?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanH View Post
      Thank you for the reply. One bit of clarification, does the inside of the grill measure 7" or the outside?
      The outside.

Thanks,
      Brian
      Check out my web site.

Any idea if these will fit a 3rd gen Nova? That part of the car is very similar to a 1st gen Camaro.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com