Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      ... must get 'Half-car' running.

Matt Briggs
      1971 Camaro RS - Race car in progress

YES, I am still alive! Things haven't been that great in the real estate business, but I've bounced back and landed in the East Bay area working for a really great appraisal company. I was able to hang on to all my toys, so the building of the '68 Camaro will start again!
      As far as tires for my brother's Camaro I went with the Kuhmo VictorRacer 700 (which they changed recently). I thought is was a good tire and Dan has gotten 5 track days plus street time on them, but it's time for a new set.
      Dave H.

In the east bay, huh? We'll definitely have to meet up one of these days. I'm right across the bay, as are a few others.
      Allen Ortega
      Meanstreets Performance Fabrication

---------------------------------------

Vegetarians are the reason for global warming

I just signed up for this Buttonwillow event. Hope others will follow soon. If everyone who says they will sign up does we might almost get our own run Group.

Regards

CurtiSS 69

So how many are in? I'm ready for commitment if there are others that are for-sure going
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

i have been looking forward to a day on the track. I'm not sure if my car is ready. I have the original seat and original two belt seat-belt thing going on.

I am sure Carl will give me some advice.... you've seen the car, is it too much to ask at this stage? What do i need to? This may be helpful for other beginners like me.

Country Flag: Canada
      I might be in...
      James
      1967 Camaro RS - The OLC
      1984 Camaro GT1
      1989 Camaro 1LE - The BOC

The Camaro had stock seats and seatbelts for the first two track days that I attended. It's not easy to stay in the seat, but doable.

There is a sticky in this forum for prepping a car for track days. It does not mean you need to do everything in that list, but it gives you something to think about.

Most organizations have a tech checklist for the car and it and must undergo an inspection. Usually it's things like no radiator catch can, improper battery holder, etc. that gets a car red-flagged before hitting the track. Just go over the list before leaving home and repair things as necessary.

To me, the most important thing to bring to the track is you brain. I was lucky enough to have Mr. Pozzi around for my first track day, and even though he had to buy new underwear after his first ride with me, he still offered advice and guidance that made the learning curve a lot easier.

Many organizations have instructors that are available at no charge. Take advantage of it. Often you have to take a few laps with an instructor before going solo. If passengers are allowed, there are many here that have track experience, though not as deep as David's or Mary's, that would also be happy to help. There's no better time to be at a track day than when there are a bunch of friends helping each other.

Quote Originally Posted by aray327 View Post
      i have been looking forward to a day on the track. I'm not sure if my car is ready. I have the original seat and original two belt seat-belt thing going on.

I am sure Carl will give me some advice.... you've seen the car, is it too much to ask at this stage? What do i need to? This may be helpful for other beginners like me.
      Just an idea for the slippery seats...Try using some non slip pads for area rugs for more grip like these: http://www.rugsgalore.com/products/a...rug_pads/29840

Regards

CurtiSS 69

the non slip padding is an interesting idea. I've never thought about that one before. I bet most people will think they're those messaging beads....

I read that sticky one before, i guess i will revisit it again and start thinking seariously about going.

Since i want to change the seats anyway I will start looking around. If i get lucky then great, if not i will likely have some rug burn from the non slip pad.

Quote Originally Posted by aray327 View Post
      the non slip padding is an interesting idea. I've never thought about that one before. I bet most people will think they're those messaging beads....

I read that sticky one before, i guess i will revisit it again and start thinking seariously about going.

Since i want to change the seats anyway I will start looking around. If i get lucky then great, if not i will likely have some rug burn from the non slip pad.
      Try it with a slick vinyl BENCH seats and just lap belts......

Maybe I should at least try to put in a set of cheap seats and belts.....Nawwww that takes all the fun out of the ride.
      Stay in it till you see God....then lift

Where patience fails, force prevails

"When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat." G. Carlin

Stapp's Ironical Paradox...... "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

But, driving from the passenger seat is FUN!!!
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

You should just take out the front seat Nick and sit in the back!

That could work!
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

you guys crack me up!

so in my search for seat options i ask my fiance her opinion of a couple seats i saw on the internet and her response "why are you looking at racing seats? Why don't you look for something like the original seats???????" Hummmmmm..........

so i had to tell her that the seats in the car ARE the original seats, and remind her about the drive through Angeles Crest and how we didn't exactly stay put.

her response "whatever it's your car!" I can't wait to see how she sets her chevelle up, whenever i find one.

I'm in. Check is in the mail. I think John (Torker) will also be attending with his Z06.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
      I'm in. Check is in the mail. I think John (Torker) will also be attending with his Z06.
      The count is at 2 now:

1. Carl C
      2. CurtiSS 69

I talked to Mary Pozzi earlier in the month and she said she would be there.

Carl which group will you be in? I am in Point By.

Regards

CurtiSS 69

The crickets are chirping here...We may pickup another Camaro that runs Autocross at El Toro. One note: The car is never 100% ready there is always something else you will want to do to it before taking it to the track, and the deal may never be this good again. It's inexpensive, past the summer heat, and before the rain. Please take advantage of it if you possibly can if for nothing else for the fun and camaraderie.

Regards

CurtiSS 69

John said he's going. I have tentatively signed up for the point-by on the straights only. I don't know how they rule the other point-by, meaning do they allow corner passing, etc. I'll see how it goes and ask for a step-up evaluation if needed.

Thanks for the reminder and I'll register for "point by" as well. This should be fun and can't wait. Depending on how things go here will decide if I go to the optima Invitational the following month.

James, you in??? Steve's car will probably be back by then as well.

Cheers,
      Mary Pozzi
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com