Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: New front seats

Country Flag: United States

New front seats

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a set of front seats for my project. They are 2008 BMW M3 seats. These seats are awesome! (same seats in my daily driver). I liked them so much I wanted them in my Camaro. Anyway, thought I'd post a few pics to see what you guys thought.

As you can see, I've got a long way to go. I couldn't pass up the deal I got, so they had to come before a few other things.

Dave

1972 Nova
      1967 RS/SS Camaro - current project

I like the look so far but finished product is always best. Keep us posted.

Nice seats . How is the head room? Have you tried sitting in them in the car ? Is there room to lower them where they mount to the floor?
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

They look a little high..

x3, they look too high. Keep in mind that the headliner takes out a ton of headroom when you install it.

I had to fab my own seat mounts to get my seats to work. It doesn't help that I'm 6'6"!
      The few, the proud, the crazy... the LT1 owners.

They look really comfortable. I had factory seats in my daily driver 67 Camaro before I tore it down and hated it. Maybe with a little reworking of the seat tracks you will be able to get the seats down a bit. How do they fit width wise? Keep us posted on the progress.

Steve

I say you go with them but yank the head rests off... smooth out the lines of that gorgeous body. That way you dont have this bump protruding up from the door.. Then when you are up for some spirited driving stick em back on! Just a thought... I dig the seats, they are nice.

I still need to check the height. I'm 6'1" so I need to be a little careful. As far as width, they're fine. I haven't welded the front seat brackets back in yet, since I installed the new floor pan. I'm most likely going to install the one piece headliner from Marquez, so I should get a little more head room. If I have to make custom floor braces I will. I've also tried a BMW rear seat out of on '07 convertrible that fits nice, but I think I'm going to stick with an original '68fold down. (need to customize after I install the DSE mini tub).
      Dave

1972 Nova

I just got some seats from a BMW E46 Convertable for my '67. I wanted the vert ones as they have the seatbelt built in so you don't need to find a place to for a 3rd mount. I've yet to offer them up as they've not arrived yet, but they have a similar subframe to yours. Looks like they will need some fettling. I'm 6'2" so not much room to play with either
      Nick
      www.grantgb.com
      '67 Camaro 327 RS

Good deal. Post some pics when you get a chance. I hear you about the convertible functionality w/ the incorporated seat belt. However, I've seen these in person and it really does take away from the looks of the seat in my opinion. I don't mind installing a set of seat belts to accomodate. The pics I posted above are just a mock ups. The seats have not been mounted and the seat pan has not even been welded back in the new floor pan. I might make some custom "low profile" braces for thr BMW tracks to mount to. I have the seat bottom out of '07 330 ci, black leather that fits perfectly in the rear section. I need to post a pic. However, I've decided to go with an original fold down rear seat, so I'm going to sell it.
      Dave

1972 Nova

Both you guys keep us posted on you seat progress. Dave I hope they work for you they look good in there.
      Wayne

Are you 6' + guys saying I could probably use these seats in my '68 without any problems since I'm 5'8"...?

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

I think you'd be fine, but I haven't tried to modify my seat braces. I'll be sure to post pics once I start. I'm currently in the process of installing the DSE deep mini tubs now. I just picked them up at the Good Guys show in Nashville this past weekend..., along with many other parts.
      Dave

1972 Nova

I love those seats! I have been looking for seats for mine and I think I am going to have to add that style to the list!
      Wayne
      1967 Camaro - Done!
      1968 Camaro - Underway

Mine are in now, just OK for 6'2" very comfortable and great having proper seat belts

Nick
      www.grantgb.com
      '67 Camaro 327 RS

can you post a pic looking at the headrest. i would like to see where it sits in relation to the headliner

damn those look gooood!

Looks great Nick. You're much further along than I am with mine. I have 8 different projects going on with my car at the moment. Hopefully as soon as I finish up the minitub I can focus my attention on how I will mount my seats.
      Dave

1972 Nova

Those look great Nick. I'll be watching for yours too Dave
      Wayne

where are you guys purchasing these seats and the real question: what's the ballpark cost?
      Lee
      1966 Cutlass

The difference between truth & fiction: fiction has to make sense.

Build Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=64470

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com