Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: New front seats

Has anyone figured out how to make the memory for the drivers seat functional? I have searched and can not find much.

Country Flag: United States
      Guessing it requires a body module of some sort, as the seats themselves appear to be dumb. Were this not the case it seems unlikely their pigtails would have more than three wires in them.
      https://www.instagram.com/gen_v_lt1_chevelle/

Do not buy anything from Frankie's Used Auto Parts. Ever.
      Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

Quote Originally Posted by 67RSSS502 View Post
      Has anyone figured out how to make the memory for the drivers seat functional? I have searched and can not find much.
      Haven't even tried. I thought about this, but really thought about how important this function was for me. I can't even remember the last time I used this function in my dilly driver. So, with that thought, when am I ever going to use this in the car I drive on "occasion" or at an auto cross?
      Dave

1972 Nova
      1967 RS/SS Camaro - current project

Dave,
      Awosome seats, look great! I'm going to check out some BMW E64 front seats for my 70 Chevelle convertibles , wondering if they are the same as E46 you got, Any chance you can give me the dimensions (height, width and depth) of yours to compare? These bimmers seats are hard to get info on. Thanks in advance
      Ken

New front seats

My seats are out of a 2008 M3, E92 model. I can give you some dimensions of those? However, you're probably going to find a much better deal on a set of E46 seats. Not sure about the dimensions on that model, sorry.

Dave

1972 Nova
      1967 RS/SS Camaro - current project

Anyone have access to wiring diagrams for a 2002 325ci seats? Talking with my my builder and the wiring doesn't seem to match what is described in the posts / pics here from other cars... Wondering who might have access to this? I know the seller also included the memory modules with the seats and I am wondering if those have to be removed or bypassed to get to the motors? I will post some pics once I get them.

Here is the situation as described to me:

All the wires for the motors go to a plug that doesn't connect to the switch panel and all the wires for the switch panel are way to small to pass enough current to operate the motors also.

Any help would be appreciated...

Dion
      67rsss502

Decided my ctsv seats are too much of a pain with all the modules are trying to jump them into being functional. Heavy and tall too. Anyone wants are crack at them let me know.

Country Flag: Australia
      I just finished installing (mock up before paint) a set of M3 e46 seats into a 68 camaro. Things to be aware of if you want to do this:

The seats are approx 50cm wide and roughly the same dimensions long which meant significantly modifying the tunnel. For me this had to be done anyway due to a 6l80 trans. I actually just made a completely new tunnel in two sections and then welded together.

I removed the original seat pans and custom made a H shaped bracket that is welded to the tunnel and rocker. I then bolted straight through the floor.

If you want the full range of movement with the seats moving forward and back you need to allow extra length on the rails. I chose to put the seats as far forward as I would ever need and them and just allowed for backwards movement.

The electrical hook up works fine as described by others in this thread (use voltage regulator to put 5v on the small power wire).

My seats are positioned on the opposite side to how they were positioned in the BMW (passenger side on drivers side and vice versa). I found you can achieve better clearance like this & it just means the controls are near the tunnel as opposed to near the rocker. Note my car is right hand drive, which shouldn't make a difference.

I am not using the seat belts that came with the seats. I had the type that are seperate from the seats and they will only retract freely when positioned on a certain angle - one that doesn't work with the camaro OEM seat belt mount locations. I figured it will be easier to buy aftermarket over the shoulder belts that will work with the OEM mounting points.

All in all its quite a bit of work and they are heavy seats but they do look and feel good. Hope this helps anyone attempting the same...

Hey I won't be home for a couple months to do it myself but if you happen to get bored would you mind measuring the width of the seat rails? I'm trying to keep my eyes out for potentially modifiable brackets. I have the seats in and secure they are just about an inch more inboard than I would like.

Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

Making my Mustang GT seats look good. One positive wire and one negative wire and everything works

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

I just came across these, they look like they might address the BMW seats being a bit too far inboard. Not sure of course, but it looks like it might be possible to use these to shift them outward. I've emailed Planted to see what they think (they make brackets for BMWs as well so I'd think they know the seat dimensions) and am waiting to see what they say. Not sure if it would be cheaper to buy these or have some custom fabbed locally but I hope to get a quote by next week.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085N5W8O/...oding=UTF8&me=

So these brackets are 18.25 inches wide. According to the internet the E46 seat rails are 20 inches wide outer-to-outer and mounting holes are right at 18 inches apart.

Bumping old thread hoping for help. I am putting front seats from a 2011 BMW 328i e93 convertible in my 1970 Cutlass convertible. I have wired them like shown earlier in this thread. Two thick brown wires to ground, thick red wire to 12 volts and the 5 volt 7805 chip to the small green wire. At first the lumbar was not working but I connected the small black/red wire to 12v and the lumbar works fine. The seat adjustment switch "times out" after a few seconds of inactivity. If you disconnect the positive or ground for a while it works fine as long as you keep making adjustments, when you pause for a few seconds it will stop working until you disconnect and reconnect it again. It acts the same whether or not the small green wire is hooked to 5v. 5.06 volts to be exact. Also the headrest is acting erratic, It would go full range up and down at first but now it only has about half inch travel up and down. Also the switch located on the top of the seat back next to the release for back seat access does not work at all. Can somebody shed some light on which wires to hook up and where?

e92 M3 power seat connections

Name:  01478490059.jpeg
Views: 551
Size:  129.7 KB
      Tried to attach an image detailing pin-outs for this (e92 seat connector)
      If not successful, here is what I got from it:

red/black wire (pin 7) is constant power for lumbar and side bolsters for 2007+ cars - so it makes sense that wire worked the bolster/lumbar for you.
      the green wire (pin3) is a dataline for heated seats/memory which should have no application here, but given that this wire called for reduction to 5V for the earlier solution, perhaps putting the resister in the Red/Black wire would fix your intermittent lumbar/bolster
      issue?

NOTE: I have not done or applied any of this yet - just got my seats and found this - thought to add results of my search so far.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com