Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: New front seats

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by fast400 View Post
      Sam,
      I hooked a battery to the Red and Brown cable. Everything except for lumbar worked, but after 20 seconds or so nothing worked. I waited about 15 minutes, came back and the seat worked again for about 20-30 sec then became unresponsive again. I'm lost.......
      Fast400,

Not sure if you've already figured out your wiring problem, if not I have the solution, with a little help from my friends at ISIS. We've determined that the solid green wire, or pin# 3 (power wire) must deliver less voltage than the other 2 power wires. The voltage must be around 4.6 to 4.8. basically, if you connect 3 AA batteries together to this wire, and connect the other wires to the 12 volt battery (car battery) your seat will function continually, not at 15-20 second intervals. If you need more help figuring this out, PM me, I'll be glad to help.

Dave

1972 Nova
      1967 RS/SS Camaro - current project

daredvl22
      You da man!! I haven't been dealing with it too much, but it has been in the back of my head....along with 100 other things.
      Is the solution going to be 3 aa batteries? There's gotta be another way..

First off, thanks for the pictures. I have been thinking of putting these seats in my Valiant for years and seeing what they look like underneath is very useful.

Second, as to the voltage thing, there is an IC chip called a 7805. Basically, it takes 12 volts and converts it to 5 volts. Any electronics place has them including Radio Shack. http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062599

It has 3 "leads", 12v in, ground, and 5v out.

A small heatsink would be a good idea and if you power it backwards, it's dead.
      I've used this as a voltage regulator for my gauges and it's worked for a couple of years now.

Hope this helps,
      D

daredvl22
      You da man!! I haven't been dealing with it too much, but it has been in the back of my head....along with 100 other things.
      Is the solution going to be 3 aa batteries? There's gotta be another way..
      Ha ha,...no, the 3 AA batteries is a way to test everything, to make sure it works. I'll be installing the ISIS multiplex system, so I'll be able to pulse modulate the signal, which should work fine because ther won't be a constant 12 volts going to that wire.

Or, the recommendation above should work too. Quick trip to Radio Shack and you should be good to go!

Dhowlan - thanks for the post and welcome to the forum!
      Dave

1972 Nova

Thanks for the welcome. I'm going to have to look up what an ISIS multiplex system is.

Is the ISIS similar to the factory BCM's in newer cars?

The 7805 IC chip will be getting constant power if I go that route. What kind of life can I expect?

not sure...

The 7805 IC chip will be getting constant power if I go that route. What kind of life can I expect?

I'm not sure, but you may want to ask Mike Weber at ISIS. He's the one that figured this out for me. Since I'll be using the ISIS Multiplex system, I wouldn't being using the 7805 IC chip . However, I'm sure Mike could anwser your question. Everyone over at ISIS is extremely helpful. Good luck!
      Dave

1972 Nova

Back to the seats, if I may. Can someone who has the BMW seats tell me what the seat mounting point dimensions are? I'd like to make sure I have the width in my floor to handle the seats. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dhowlan View Post
      Back to the seats, if I may. Can someone who has the BMW seats tell me what the seat mounting point dimensions are? I'd like to make sure I have the width in my floor to handle the seats. Thanks.
      My seats are out of a 2008 M3, and the tracks are 18" wide. The outside track (door side) is 18 1/4" and the inside track (tunnel side)is 20" long.
      Dave

1972 Nova

Thanks Dave.

Does anyone have the basic dimensions handy like:

floor to top of seat back (excluding head rest)
      height of head rest
      height of mounting brackets to seat base
      max width of seat
      depth - front to back on seat

Have been looking to put 2002 Acura seats in my 66 Nova but these might be another option for me. Thanks. -Bob
      -Bob (66 Nova)

Dave,
      Did you ever get your heated function to work?
      Bob

My seats don't have the heat option, sorry.
      Dave

1972 Nova

Do these seats fold forward for easy access to the rear seat?
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

Quote Originally Posted by BBPanel View Post
      Does anyone have the basic dimensions handy like:

floor to top of seat back (excluding head rest)
      height of head rest
      height of mounting brackets to seat base
      max width of seat
      depth - front to back on seat

Have been looking to put 2002 Acura seats in my 66 Nova but these might be another option for me. Thanks. -Bob
      Also, what is the weight?
      Chris

Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

Quote Originally Posted by 68Formula View Post
      Do these seats fold forward for easy access to the rear seat?
      Yes, and the lever is actually located on the top corner of the back rest, so no bending over to fold seat forward. (see post #1). You'll also notice the switch activating the forward and reverse motor is also located next to the lever.
      Dave

1972 Nova

Quote Originally Posted by GrabberGT View Post
      Also, what is the weight?
      Don't know, but they're heavy. I'd say 70-80 lbs! each
      Dave

1972 Nova

You did a great job on those seats. I just purchased some e46 power seats with memory . Iam not sure what year these are? I removed my pass side and tried putting in place and it would barely fit between center console and rocker side. It looks like id have to remove the bracketry on the bmw to make it work, which is prob. impossible due to the 2 motorsI see you made special brackets. I just want to get these mounted as simple as possible. I dont think there is a difference between the 68 firebird and 67 camaro? do you know what year these might be from and if I can make them work. The monting points on the bmw bracket match the distance from front to back..but from side to side they are 18 inches verses 13 1/2 . way to wide!
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      birdboy

Not sure what year those seats are out of. You can make almost anything work, depending on your fab skills, and how far you want to go. It's possible to modify the car enough to allow the extra 4.5", but it's not easy. I actually had to cut my rockers, and modify the tunnel slightly to get my seats to fit. I don't think I posted pics of the tunnel modifications, but I had to cut a 10" slice and add about 1" of metal on both sides to get my seats to fit perfect. I spent a lot of time on this, but it had to be perfect. Good luck and keep us posted!
      Dave

1972 Nova

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com