Country Flag: Australia
      I love this Mustang. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
      nice

Quote Originally Posted by AusMarty View Post
      I love this Mustang. <3
      Thanks guys
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Yes still working on the car. Last year I was tied up in a massive home renovation. This should be finished this spring, I hope.
      This car really is close to the ground, and with the new larger cubic inch engine, I need to increase the exhaust pipe size. I also need more ground clearance. I am starting to work on a super flat oval x pipe.

Country Flag: United States
      looks gnarly!
      Justin Novick
      Sales/Support
      Entropy Radiator / Engineered Cooling Products
      "The Sexiest Radiators For The Sexiest Hot Rods"

www.EntropyRad.com www.SpeedCooling.com

After a couple years of home renovations, it's time to revisit the 'stang. The larger engine was being restricted by the too small exhaust. inside the car it was deafening sound-wise.

So starting to fit the 3" pipes and new larger mufflers.

Very nice build, I've spoken to you a few years back via email about checking out your car in person, I've seen it here and there in East Van at the time I was attending automotive school, and working but never got a chance. I hope to see it in person someday, perhaps you will let me know when you will attend your next car show? I would like to build a custom 69-70 429 ford racing aluminum crate street Mustang. I'm looking for some help to build it, trade labor, if interested let me now, I live near the PNE.

Nice to see this moving again. Those home projects can take some time!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Thanks guys. Christmas decorations and so forth have taken charge, but the next on the list is getting back to the garage and working on the exhaust

Back workign on the exhaust. I have the driver's side done from the muffler back. That's the tightest part clearance wise. I'm glad to get that side sorted out.
      The rest should build from there. Hoping in a couple weeks to have it done.

Struggling to upload pics, but maybe there is a size limit

Much of the exhaust is completed now.

After I got it in, I did a little bit of a polish on the stainless.

Now am working on a number of LED light upgrades to the vintage lights. I've got a series of LED lights from a vintage mustang enthusiast, which will allow me to have a driving light/daytime running light within the turn signal housing. This also includes a turn signal. Added in LED back up lights which are super bright and a 4th brake light.

Working on my under chassis rear brake cooling ducts. I am making them out of carbon fibre, and want the routing to be hugging the chassis pretty tightly. It's a fairly complex route, but have it about 1/3 of the way complete so far

The weather turned for the better, so I nixed all the work I had planned on the car and decided to get it out on the road.

It was a really good opportunity to test everything that I have done so far, and see how it all measures up.

So on to the changes

Fuel filler; Swapping out the cut and modified '67 filler tube for the NPD 22 gallon tube, was a good choice. One of the first things I did was go fill up the empty gas tank. Absolutely no splash-back this time, and I could fill it up with the nozzle at full speed.

Dual pulley alternator; Swapping out the single for a dual sheave pulley solved my charging problems. The single belt was slipping all the time on my alternator, so this solved a myriad of problems.

Lighting; All the LED upgrades supplied by Gary, worked really nicely, except I may have one corner with a loose connection. It is flashing intermittently. I am going to check it out tomorrow.

Balljoints; Re and re'ing all the balljoints certainly helped tighten up the front end back to specs. I don't think I will end up doing a new alignment until the TCP rack arrives and I put that in.

Drivers window regulator; The window works better and seals out the wind noise. I also fixed the annoying loose rear view mirror, and added a bit of red locktite to the offending screw. No rattling and flopping around anymore.

Exhaust; This was a big change going from 2 1/2" to 3" system and adding the Xforce Varex mufflers made a big difference in a couple ways. First I assembled it with flex couplings to help make it less prone to transmit vibrations to the car. Then adding the bigger mufflers should make it quieter, lastly it should have freed up a bit more horsepower.

It did all three things. There is definitely no vibration or rattle from the exhaust system.

It is both quieter and louder. Louder because of the 3" pipe, but when switched to quiet mode, a lot less deafening sound inside the car.

With 487 cubic inches of FE, the switch to the less restrictive exhaust, really woke up the engine. I made the mistake of opening it up in second gear with the wife in the car. The tires ripped loose (about 2000 rpm) unexpectedly and the car went to the side slightly. Backed off the throttle again right away and brought it back. It was not a good demonstration as far as she was concerned.
      Normally with the 2 1/2" exhaust there might be a tiny bit of wheel spin as you go through the second gear phase, but the car usually stayed straight.
      I guess I helped prove the engine masters video. https://youtu.be/_PVXvHkr-Vs

My budget 315/35/17's are near the wear band anyway so I'll look to get a stickier tire and be much more conservative on the throttle from this point.

A short video of the new exhaust. The Varex mufflers come with wireless remotes, and I also have it set up with a switch in the car. https://youtu.be/scJlPRBTrDo

So with my tires almost at the wear bar, I need to replace them.
      I want to get both a better gripping cornering tire, and obviously traction

The budget sumitomo 315/35/17's have been great for wear and general purpose, but now it's time to change that.

There are only a few brands in that size fir a street tire
      Goodyear Eagle F1
      Nitto NT 555
      Mickey Thompson Street Comp

Any experience with those?

I had the MT ET Street Drag Radials on my 95 GT in a 315/35-17. Handled great and had a ton of traction
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Quote Originally Posted by Z06killinSBF View Post
      I had the MT ET Street Drag Radials on my 95 GT in a 315/35-17. Handled great and had a ton of traction
      Thanks I've heard good things about the MT Tires

Sorry for those of you viewing this post over the past while when I closed the photobucket account (after their hosting decision) it took quite a while but Finally weaved my way through the thread to reload and update the pics

Well it's been an interesting couple of years.

I had back issues, then a back surgery and a few other things go on, but I'm feeling good and thought it was time to catch up the thread.

I finally upgraded the transmission to the T56 Magnum (much happier) but that was a lot of work
      added an electric parking brake
      Changed to an upgraded rear brake caliper and parking brake

Swapped out the front headlights to a full LED headlight. These are a motorcycle style of headllight again
      The time came to change the rear tires finally (Nitto's)

In the meantime while doing that, I had a floorjack fail (drop suddenly) fortunately I was not underneath, but it smashed the jackstand into the rear quarter.
      More bodywork, paint and the bodyshop did not do a great job (long story)

I also damaged the gas tank, so opted for the stainless version of the 22 Gallon tank

Changed the seats to leather shelby logo'd version

Working on the carburator and tracking down oil leaks. Catch up more soon

Got started on the serpentine system. Everything is off, cleaned up and the reverse rotation water pump installed.

I didn't have the correct thermostat gasket so had to stop for now

Should get a lot done this rainy weekend

A little more work tonight

Vacuum bled the power steering, topped up the coolant mostly, and completed the rerouting of the fuel line.

Gave it a start and short run to check out everything quickly for any major leaks. Everything checked out so far. I didn't want to make the garage smell like car exhaust so shut it dwon pretty quick.

Hopefully the weather clears up soon, and I can take it for a test drive.

Short video; https://photos.app.goo.gl/V7rjcHJiW58UWfen7

Keep up the good work. Glad to see you're still hangin around here.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com