Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Rock Valley gas tank

Has anyone had any experience to share using their gas tank and pumps. Thinking about putting one in my 69 SS camaro. Any alternatives available? thanks

I went with the RV tank. It fits well and is solidly made. My one tiny complaint is that I had to rotate the pump unit 180 degrees so that the positive connection wasn't crammed between the inlet/outlet lines (a potential short). Not a big deal.

An alternative might be to use a new stock style tank and the following: Tanks Inc.

John
      My Home Page

Quote Originally Posted by ss dave
      Has anyone had any experience to share using their gas tank and pumps. Thinking about putting one in my 69 SS camaro. Any alternatives available? thanks
      Well, I don't want to steal business from any of the sponsors of this site but I can honestly tell you just how impressed I am so far with Rick's Hot Rod Shop. (www.rickshotrodshop.com) Kris Horton referred me to them and I commissioned them to build a tank for my Chevelle after talking with the owner Hector over there. Really knows his stuff and asked me a lot of questions before we went forward; which really made comfortable since my tank needs lots of baffling and an in-tank pump for my FI system. They have a trick-@$$ tank called their stealth series that is definitely worth checking out plus he uses either A/C delco or Aeromotive pumps so it's all the good stuff.... :icon996:
      -Keith

zefhix
      There is nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent-

I didn't realize that RV was a sponser. With that in mind, who are thew sponsers for this site and where are they located on this site- at the top? I guess I need to pay more attention, I always thought of those as just ads. I feel a sense of loyality to sponsers and their help in putting this site together. thanks

Country Flag: United States
      I have a rock valley tank.. nicely made and no complaints..

However, all things being equal, it is always better to buy from sponsors
      "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

Zefhix thanks for the link.

Bruce

I have a Rock Valley tank in my El Camino. I can only comment that the fit and finish is perfect (or at least close to it) and I could not be happier with that. I have not fired the engine yet, so I can't comment on the fuel pump or baffling performance. In my opinion, it's well worth the money.

Ryan
      1970 El Camino *Stolen*
      2004 GTO M6

I would contact RFR Matt is a Moderator at this site and is VERY good at custom fabrication/TIG welding...if you want to help out the guys that do a lot for this site, he's one of them!!
      Tony

I'll second that Hector at www.rickshotrodshop.com is an awesome guy! He actually cares about what he sells and who he is selling to. And they have a top notch product for a fair price.
      1969 CAMARO RS

2002 LS1-T56 Dyno results: 452 rwhp, 425 rwtq
      Project pics of my '69
      Lateral-G Feature Page
      Camaro Performers Magazine Feature

I called and talked to Hector and ditto on the accolades. The tank he suggested for my project was the Stealth tank with the Areomotive pump. The only draw back would be the cost is 50% more than an RV tank. The quality of both products appears very good. RV uses Walbro pumps and Ricks uses Areomotive. Is there that much difference and what is it? Thanks.

ricks hotrod shop all the way..i ordered one for my 68 ls1 camaro...they are coming to the super chevy show in san antonio if anyone is interested..

They'll also be at the Good Guys Del Mar show April 2nd/3rd.
      -Keith

zefhix
      There is nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent-

I have a RV tank and the quality is top notch, glad I spent the money on it. I havent driven the car yet or even started it for that matter but it certainly looks pretty.
      72 Nova SS, on the back burner for now.

current cruiser: "The green machine"

'70 Impala 4drht, 26K original miles, 2" drop springs and large swaybars, drives pretty good for a land yahct in the middle of an ls1 swap, but thinking about changing directions to a duramax diesel swap.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com