Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17
      Quote Originally Posted by F-Body International View Post
      Nice build! I'm happy to see someone else besides me doing a real Pontiac engine in their car. It seems as though everyone is hopping on the LS bandwagon these days.
      I agree 100%. I like the torque of the Pontiac motors. I'm trying to stay mostly old school. But, I will put an overdrive in it down the road along with EFI. But it will still look stock.

Country Flag: United States
      Car is looking great! I recommend looking into a good set of aluminum heads, But the #62 heads you are tossing on are great flowing heads.

1967 Firebird "Poor-Boy Build"
      New updated thread
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...bird-(Updates)
      Follow me on Instagram @NaturalLivingMan

Quote Originally Posted by Buryingthesun View Post
      Car is looking great! I recommend looking into a good set of aluminum heads, But the #62 heads you are tossing on are great flowing heads.
      These heads have more done to them than you can imagine. A good friend of mine who builds motors for a living through every trick that he knows at these heads. I spent all my spare time this last week bolting on the rebuilt heads and everything up from there. The intake which was ported/polished and gasket matched would not fit on the heads. It was hitting the valley pan in a few spots. I had to break out a small grinder and grind down the lower edge on the ports. I finished bolting everything up today. The same friend came over and set all the valve lash. Car started up on the first try. I was a very happy person today.

http://vid319.photobucket.com/albums...psdylnz0mr.mp4

A few pictures of the motor put back together.

Little video of the first drive after the upper rebuild

looks great!
      Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by F-Body International View Post
      Nice build! I'm happy to see someone else besides me doing a real Pontiac engine in their car. It seems as though everyone is hopping on the LS bandwagon these days.
      x2
      I seriously thought for a long time about replacing my '67 Firebird's 326 with an LS. I probably would have without any reservations if it were a Camaro. I know it's all GM but there's undeniably something unique about it being a Pontiac.

I feel lucky I found a 428 and then proceeded to go nuts with CNC ported Edelbrock heads, port matched performer manifold, hyd. roller cam, etc.. I'm pretty sure I would have more HP if I had put all that $$$ into an LS but with enough aftermarket speed equipment available now, I'm really happy with the Pontiac in a Pontiac choice.

Great thread. Excellent work!

What color is that? Windward blue poly?

Wow wish my engine compartment could stay looking that nice.
      Some times I'm fast sometimes I'm half-fast

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
      Great thread. Excellent work!

What color is that? Windward blue poly?
      It's 2006 Camaro Aqua Blue. It took me years to finally find that blue. I had a 2006 Camaro drive by me in a car show. I followed him by foot half way across the car show to figure out the paint code. The paint code was only offered for half of the year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rohrt View Post
      Wow wish my engine compartment could stay looking that nice.
      That's what happens when you don't get to drive it very often. LOL

Wow! Nice job. Strange seeing you do all the things I have been knowing I'll have to do with mine. My rear seat is in the exact same condition yours was. It had a hole chewed through the front and a ton of nesting trash everywhere. I've got weld in that same corner. Amazing work, I know all that goes into it, haha! Can't wait until I get to drive mine around. Beautiful car.

very nice - where did you get your air cleaner? i"ve been looking for one like that - was about to make one from a cake pan lol
      Don
      Grace - 67 Camaro daily driver with upgrades along the way.

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Camaro-Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Dons67 View Post
      very nice - where did you get your air cleaner? i"ve been looking for one like that - was about to make one from a cake pan lol
      Here is an ebay link. They are a little pricey.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-1968-FI...FWyomi&vxp=mtr

Quote Originally Posted by Bennsb View Post
      Wow! Nice job. Strange seeing you do all the things I have been knowing I'll have to do with mine. My rear seat is in the exact same condition yours was. It had a hole chewed through the front and a ton of nesting trash everywhere. I've got weld in that same corner. Amazing work, I know all that goes into it, haha! Can't wait until I get to drive mine around. Beautiful car.
      Thanks for the compliments I do appreciate them. Ask if you have any questions about my build and I will be glad to try and help.

thanks!

didn't realize it was specific to the ram air hood - probably wouldn't work with a camaro cowl hood - cake pan it is - ha ha
      Don
      Grace - 67 Camaro daily driver with upgrades along the way.

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Camaro-Driver

I guess it has been along time since I have posted on my own thread. Kids and family take up a lot of time but it is all worth it. I have been driving the car and just enjoying it.
      I replaced the carburetor about two years ago with a Holley 750 to help with the hot starts. Solved that issue but now I have a little stutter off of the line. I had it looked at by a friend who builds high end race engines. Sounds like my converter is a little to tight. So, I had a 200-4R built for it last winter with a higher stall converter. This will replace my turbo 400 with a stock converter. I am still waiting on the computer from B&M to make the swap. I will wait until winter now as I do not want to tear the car down in the middle of summer. I also noticed about a 3/4" lean in the back of the car. I pulled the Landrum leafs out and replaced them with Hotchkis. I still have not put the car on the ground yet but I could see a difference in the two old leafs that I pulled out.

Great build, color and wheels, plenty to learn about and change after its done!

Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com