Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast
      Great project. Keep the pictures coming.

Be sure to measure the sub frame and get it in squar, don't go by just the alianment holes. Ask me how I know.
      Some times I'm fast sometimes I'm half-fast

Quote Originally Posted by rohrt View Post
      Great project. Keep the pictures coming.

Be sure to measure the sub frame and get it in squar, don't go by just the alianment holes. Ask me how I know.

Thanks, I'll make sure to get it squared up before it's bolted in for good. I need to mock up all of my suspension and brakes. I know I need to bend some new ss brake lines and weld or bolt in new front flex line brackets. I want to do all of this before I send it out to get powder coated.

I spent most of the nights out in the garage this week and got a lot done. I did a lot of welding and grinding.

The first time that the car has seen sunlight since last year.

I finally have primer on all of my body work. I smoothed all of the body lines on the tail panel,filler panel, and lower rockers.

Country Flag: United States
      looks good i have a 69 thats about to get that done.

Looks good Rob. I just welded up the pass side quarter skin on my 67 over the weekend. Hopefully I can get to where you're at soon.
      Tu

Good start. I used the same Speedtech A-arms as yours and I'm glad I did

Looks good.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by mroth View Post
      Good start. I used the same Speedtech A-arms as yours and I'm glad I did

Did you do the Guldstrand mod along with the new arms? I drilled mine out and also went with the 1/2 inch bolts. Have you done an alignment(sp) yet? Just wondering what you got for numbers.

I will try and post some more pics tonight. There not real picture worthy but I cut all the holes needed for the floor shifter and console. I didn't enjoy cutting holes in my newly installed floor. I also got the inside rockers painted and seam sealed. And one seat platform welded into place on the drivers side.

Dang dude nice job on those quarter skins
      Traven

Coming right along there Rob.
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

Thanks John, nice to see a famaliar face. LOL I hope to get a lot done next week. The family is leaving for three days during the week so that means some late nights out in the garage.

Couple of pics with the car up in the air. Now it's time to get to work.

Couple of pics with the dash removed and the seat platforms welded in.

Hey...you have been busy.....keep it up!
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

Looks like she's coming along. Keep those birds alive!
      69 Firebird Convertible.
      www.stevegarrison.com click Firebird link at bottom of page

wow i am really impressed that your kids can sleep through all that noise. i think this would be a better build than the first anyways. keep up the good work.

Started cleaning the bottom with a heat gun and a couple of different scrapers. Ordered all of my DP paint. I hope to have the floor painted by the end of this weekend. Next I have to grind down all of the welds on my sub frame and weld mounts onto the 12 bolt.

Looks like you're moving along fast. I'm kind of slowing down right now, not much done on mine. Life and family caught up with me.

Tu

Started working on the floor. The floor pan was scuffed and aprayed with DP90 about two weeks ago. I sandblasted for about six hours total on the back half. The inside of the trunk needed a good blasting. I found a few pin holes but they were not to hard to weld back up solid. The pictures of the trunk make it look a lot worse that it actually is. I got both of the wheel wells done up to the frame rails. Most of the dirty work is done on the bottom side.

Once the trunk is done I plan on tackling the front firewall. I spayed primer over some of the new front sheetmetal but the welds still need to be ground down. I bought the plate for smoothing the firewall since I am going with vintage air. Still not sure how I plan installing that yet.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com