Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Got her on all four wheels now

Well I finally finished the job of cleaning the under body and painting it, also bought the 17x8 Torq Thrusts and 245/45 17's for the rear, installed the Moser 12 bolt (3.42 gears with c-clip elim axles) Global West dearched multi leafs with del-a-lum bushings and HAL QA1 shocks finish off the rear. The entire underbody was scrubbed clean prepped and painted gloss black with POR-15. Looks great but is so shiny the pics don't come out very good. At any rate, this is what she looks like now. Soon the gas tank (from DS&E), radiator and the rest of the fuel system and a/c will be going in, then I will be able to start her... more to come.
      Attached Images Attached Images        

Country Flag: United States
      Looks awesome, post more pics as you get them!
      Todd
      67 RS/SS Camaro (FOR SALE), 73 Camaro, 15 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
      http://www.fquick.com/qwik1320

Stunning!

Lookin' good!

Country Flag: Netherlands
      Sweet! What color is that?

Cliff

Damn that looks nice..

I like how you terminated the rear stripes.. nice change up
      "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

sweet ride..nice color choice!
      colt zantop

1968 camaro LS1.......aka......."NJECTED"

Thanks for all the compliments, I hope to get back from the desert in a few months and get her running. My goal is to have her complete and run the full power tour in 2006. I'd do the next one, but I will probably be out of the country, so I am shooting for 2006, maybe by then she will have a bigger engine in her. Maybe an aluminum 427 twin turbo with a 6 speed backing her up... well I can dream still. This little 347 c.i. small block is pushing out somewhere in the neighborhood of 380-400 horses and that will have to do for now. As for the color, it is Ford paint code TK, in another thread under the multimedia topic we determined that to be dark metallic shadow grey, or something along those lines. It's the color that came on the 2001-2004 Mustangs and the PT cruisers had a color really similar. If only I could get my hands on one of those flush mount gas caps...

Quote Originally Posted by navyflyer72
      Thanks for all the compliments, I hope to get back from the desert in a few months and get her running. My goal is to have her complete and run the full power tour in 2006. I'd do the next one, but I will probably be out of the country, so I am shooting for 2006, maybe by then she will have a bigger engine in her. Maybe an aluminum 427 twin turbo with a 6 speed backing her up... well I can dream still. This little 347 c.i. small block is pushing out somewhere in the neighborhood of 380-400 horses and that will have to do for now. As for the color, it is Ford paint code TK, in another thread under the multimedia topic we determined that to be dark metallic shadow grey, or something along those lines. It's the color that came on the 2001-2004 Mustangs and the PT cruisers had a color really similar. If only I could get my hands on one of those flush mount gas caps...
      It just kicks ass!! I love the color (same one we're doing, actually code CX I thought) and we're also going to be doing the power tour in 06 ! I think the two cars next to each other would just be killer. Your car is beautiful....really.
      -Keith

zefhix
      There is nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent-

Keith,

That sounds like a plan, these two side by side would look way cool! Now if only I could keep up on the hwy... hmmm, Maybe I need that aluminum 427 now...still dreamin.

-George

Looks great George. You're very close.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com