Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Update of R.P. 1969 GTO JUDGE

This project has been of ongoing for over 13 years. The last 10 years it has pretty much been sitting in this condition as you see it now. Last week I transferred the car to Motor City Steel, Commerce, MI. A complete automotive shop that will transform the car to pro-touring condition. I have done most of the dirty work, example; removing undercoating from undercarriage of car, wire brushing inside of wheel wells, etc. Plus the organizing, research, locating of parts, and of course painting and cleaning every misc item, along with each nut and bolt. That in its self is a huge job! I have over 2 skids of misc. parts not including the interior.

www.motorcitysteel.net

The body was reattached to the restored frame for blocking purposes. The exterior color is going to be black, so prep work has to be correct! An artist has already laid out a awsome paint scheme. The quarters, door skins, fenders, hood and trunk are all NOS purchased back in 1976.

The dash is the only thing that didn’t have to be removed. The car only has 48,000 original miles. A new factory wood steering wheel will be added.

Ten plus years of dust and that was with a sheet over the engine compartment. All factory pulleys and hood hinges are polished and chromed.

Detailing the firewall was an afterthought. Engine will be removed to accomplish this.

The car is sitting as we await parts such as Global West suspension components, QA1 shocks, AGR steering box and pump, and a Baer brake kit, along with a Tremec 5 speed. These are just some of the parts that have been ordered.

Sway bar, tie rods, oil pan, etc. are all chrome. It’s hard to tell in this picture with all the dust on everything.

The blocking on this car has been extreme. By the time it is finished you will be able to take a ball bearing test to the body.

A polished Edelbrock Torker manifold which will have an 850 Holly double pumper sitting on top. Plus all factory Ram Air components will be reinstalled.

A Pontiac engine with Ram Air IV heads on a 428 4 bolt main. The headers are round port with 2” Hooker exhaust pipes. Coated 13 years ago. Exhaust will be all stainless steel.

More to come in the next few weeks as work progresses.

Country Flag: United States
      Looking good, Roger! Keep us updated as the car progresses.

NICE, NICE, NICE........... Glad to see your staying with the PONCHO POWER

That engine combo should be good for around 500 HP or so !
      A link to some pictures of my Firebirds and other toys

http://community.webshots.com/user/ponchoman69

alright!

Looking good, hope your having fun with it!
      Brent

Quote Originally Posted by BEEBE
      NICE, NICE, NICE........... Glad to see your staying with the PONCHO POWER

That engine combo should be good for around 500 HP or so !
      ................................................ i agree STAYING WITH PONCHO INJUN POWER!!!!! . 428 / torker 1 / ram air iv head / comp cam 1.65. full roller rockers 2:19 1.77 valves / comp XE 274 cam / holy 850 ho aed ecetera would get him there i thingk lolol

13 years is a long time. Glad to see that the project is rolling again. Good luck with it. Pro-Touring Goats are awesome.

My favorite post-high school car was my 1969 GTO. I'm watching this one! Please keep the pics coming.

jp
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Nice work,Roger. Our shop is just finishing up a 69 Judge on the rotisserie. It's also going to be Black. The owner also has a Silver Judge and an Orange Judge.
      Sorry I haven't got back to you,yet. Just been so busy.

Looks like she is coming along, gotta love a well done Goat!

gonna be an awesome car when done, keep us udated throughout the build!
      colt zantop

1968 camaro LS1.......aka......."NJECTED"

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com