Attached Images Attached Images      

Don Stellhorn
      www.gtoroadracer.com
      1964 GTO Road Race car
      (Top 10 Hot Rod Magazine 2006)
      Featured in December 2006 HotRod and
      June 2008 High Performance Pontiac

Country Flag: United States
      Well, Here's my Elky. Most of you have already seen it. On a Schwartz chassis, LS2/ T56. Built to go fast ,turn and stop. It has been road tripped, drag raced and run on the Maxton mile. Did 158 in fifth gear. Currently working on adding a roll bar and harness so they(ECTA) will let me run flat out. I expect 170 or so. Herb, Everytime I see your Chevelle I like it more. We gotta take that thing to Maxton. I plan to run Maxton again soon. And will be at Gingerman in June, and RTTH's in Sept. Maybe Road Killers deal next month. And by the way I do love Abodys. When I'm asked why an El Camino I usually reply " because it's not a Camaro."
      Thanks
      Mike Holleman

72elcamino nice build you got going on what car are those vents from? Love the in the weeds pic.
      ---------Fabian Sanchez-----------
      71 velle Project Syckness ATS,Rushforth wheels,PRRC, Autometer,UMI, Hotchkis,QA1,hood-latches.com, comp cams,

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=43881

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Holleman View Post
      Well, Here's my Elky. Most of you have already seen it. On a Schwartz chassis, LS2/ T56. Built to go fast ,turn and stop. It has been road tripped, drag raced and run on the Maxton mile. Did 158 in fifth gear. Currently working on adding a roll bar and harness so they(ECTA) will let me run flat out. I expect 170 or so. Herb, Everytime I see your Chevelle I like it more. We gotta take that thing to Maxton. I plan to run Maxton again soon. And will be at Gingerman in June, and RTTH's in Sept. Maybe Road Killers deal next month. And by the way I do love Abodys. When I'm asked why an El Camino I usually reply " because it's not a Camaro."
      Thanks
      Mike Holleman

Thanks Mike! You know your Elky is on my calendar and I stare at it every day at work! I can't wait to see it in person! And yes, I'm definitely planing on Maxton, hopefully in the fall.
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Quote Originally Posted by 1badchevelle View Post
      72elcamino nice build you got going on what car are those vents from? Love the in the weeds pic.
      haha thanks man. The vents were just fabbed from scratch to tell ya the truth. My dad and I thought it would look cool so he just drew out a template and cut them in.

the pic of it in the weeds was the day I brought it home! That picture was taken where we found it in the seller's yard. Very exciting day.

Matt

My 70 cutlass, paint and bodywork done, still boring stock drivetrain.

Under construction: a single turbo oldsmobile small block

Will have a 200r4 trans

12 bolt posi (hey Mike, this is what that 12 bolt is for!)

4 wheel disc
      I am not useless, I can still be used as a bad example!

-Bob

First Gen Monte here with all the goodies...

454 Big Block Supercharged with TKO 5 spd, 100 HP Nitrous

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/hot...nte_carlo.html
      Andreas
      President First Gen Monte Carlo Club
      www.fgmcc.com

68 gto

Here is my 68 GTO:

Jon
      Jon U.

1968 GTO - SC&C Suspension, Forgeline SO3 Wheels
      Build Thread
      1967 911 with a few mods

A body round up

Quote Originally Posted by gtoroadracer View Post
      Here is my A-body
      Don saw your awesome car and hope to eventually get the 64 Tempest from one of my friends(he is also my machinist and machining teacher) who bought it as a new car, yet it rusting silently near his garage, and hopefully build some type of Touring car.
      I am also looking for another 70-72 Monte Carlo as both of mine were crushed without my permission (both wrecked but repairable if I wanted to spend time and cash) also loosing my South Side Machine bars, air ride and 64-67 12 bolt 3.55 posi rearend.
      Your GTO has had my Pontiac fires burning ,and even have me looking for parts for my 69 Ventura (California Catalina/Bonneville) to put it back on road or sell to someone who wants to rebuild for road duty.

For the Pontiac A-body lovers.....

.....here's my 1964 Pontiac Tempest, it was most recently powered by a Tri-Power equipped 455 backed by a TH400 with a 2.56 geared 8.2" 10-bolt. Had some mild chassis/brake upgrades and 17X8" steel wheels. Was a great sleeper that ran high-13s in the 1/4 mile and had a 140 MPH top end, all on 87 octane.

The Tempest is now undergoing a pretty extensive rebuild. A new drivetrain consisting of a crate LS3, 4L70E with Yank SS3600 converter and 3.42-geared 8.5" 10-bolt. Upgrading front suspension to ATS spindles & SPC control arms, rear suspension to Currie Currectrac control arms, C6 Z06 brakes and 18X9" O.Z. Racing wheels all around.

Link to ongoing build thread, I have collected just about everything I need and now I have a lot of work ahead of me:https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=48361
      Bart F.

'64 Tempest - LS3/4L70E - Grandma's Poor-Touring car
      '64 GTO - 455 HO/TH400 - Ex-bracket racer, street bruiser
      '02 WS6 convert - LS1/4L60E - Pure stock, pure pleasure

The A-Bodies on here are AWESOME!!!

Here's my humble build as it sits now.
      Car: 1966 Malibu Chevelle
      Engine: Currently a fresh 355 SBC Vortec
      Trans: Currently a 200-4R

Planning a P/T overhaul on this car. Over the next few months I plan to finish collecting all the parts I need for an LS1 swap including upgrading the suspension items to SPC/SC&C parts and new JYD Boyd wheels (if those damn wheels ever arrive!). The goal is for a comfortable weekend cruiser than can keep-up in the canyons if needed.

The goal is to be as budget as possible while keeping things as bolt-on as possible; least amount of fab work. I have pesky neighbors who complain way too much about noise.

Just picked up this little thing recently. Now to finish piecing the kit together.

Here is my 68 Chevelle. I have really only had A-bodies except 1 Camaro, and my Truck.

This one has a :

330hp crate 350
      TKO600
      3.31 Truetrac 12 bolt (OK OK it isn't in the car but I own one)

I wish I had my old 1970 GS350 4speed, that was a blast of a A-body.
      Stay in it till you see God....then lift

Where patience fails, force prevails

"When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat." G. Carlin

Stapp's Ironical Paradox...... "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Here's my 67 Pontiac Tempest. It has a 455 with TH350. I just took the car out on the autocross track at Good Guys Del Mar. It was the first time trying my hand at racing and I had a ton of fun. My first mod up though is to switch to a quick ratio steering box as I had to turn the steering wheel like crazy to navigate the track. Even so I managed to get one of top 10 best times out of 30 or so participants in the Street Machine class.

Johnny T
      - 1967 Pontiac Tempest

RIP Dad 7/11/05

Here is our Bull Run Rally Project

More information here

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=55101

Quote Originally Posted by b-man View Post
      .....here's my 1964 Pontiac Tempest, it was most recently powered by a Tri-Power equipped 455 backed by a TH400 with a 2.56 geared 8.2" 10-bolt. Had some mild chassis/brake upgrades and 17X8" steel wheels. Was a great sleeper that ran high-13s in the 1/4 mile and had a 140 MPH top end, all on 87 octane.

The Tempest is now undergoing a pretty extensive rebuild. A new drivetrain consisting of a crate LS3, 4L70E with Yank SS3600 converter and 3.42-geared 8.5" 10-bolt. Upgrading front suspension to ATS spindles & SPC control arms, rear suspension to Currie Currectrac control arms, C6 Z06 brakes and 18X9" O.Z. Racing wheels all around.

Link to ongoing build thread, I have collected just about everything I need and now I have a lot of work ahead of me:https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=48361
      Oh!!!! I do like where you are going with the Tempest. Looks great.
      Mike

Haven't done a lot on it recently, but here's mine nonetheless.

Shiny Side Up!
      Bill
      Why do termites eat houses?

Because they have
      Munchausen Syndrome.

Well here's mine nothing special..........YET

Picked this up about 3 months ago I LOVE the A-body cars!!

I have an LT1 with a 6-speed sitting that I picked up about 8 months ago

Yanked out the bench and installed some buckets, I think I am going to change them to a narrower seat though, I think these look to big??

Quote Originally Posted by ProdigyCustoms View Post
      Here is our Bull Run Rally Project

More information here

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=55101
      Ok, how did you guys get in my head and steal my ideas. That rendering looks great. I can't wait to see this build completed.

Quote Originally Posted by 69496 View Post
      Ok, how did you guys get in my head and steal my ideas. That rendering looks great. I can't wait to see this build completed.
      X2...looks awesome,Carter Hickman does great renderings.
      '67 Buick Skylark GS400 funny car "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM / Gasoline (Swedish) cover & feature 2/12
      World's only Buick-powered Buick Funny Car!
      Used to be known as musclecarjohn

www.buickfunnycar.com
      http://www.facebook.com/ingenuebuickfunnycar

Here's my '69 Malibu...

Testing out those AFX spindles and C5 brakes...

Currently powered by an LT1/4L60e, which will be removed in favor of an LS1/T56 next winter if I get back to work...

Derek Kiefer,
      Mantorville, MN

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com