Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Stealth Ram installed!!!

Finally got this on today, I'm finally making some more progress. Now it's time to start fitting the wiring harness into it that I took out of a wrecked 91 Camaro. I have no idea where to start on that though.

Nice, that's a cool looking manifold.
      James
      -1969 Camaro Sport Coupe
      -1996 Z28
      -2005 Silverado
      Webpage

Country Flag: United States
      Looks awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by 79_EFI_Z
      Finally got this on today, I'm finally making some more progress. Now it's time to start fitting the wiring harness into it that I took out of a wrecked 91 Camaro. I have no idea where to start on that though.
      Man, I can't wait to get one of those under the hood of my '88

As for your harness, start at the front and work your way inside. Most of the plugs can only go to one place; IE injectors, distributor connectors, MAF connector, etc. have individual style plugs, so you really can't cross anything up. You should invest in an Electrical Service Manual for the '91 F-body you plucked the harness from (try www.factoryautomanuals.com) so you can trace the harness and check continuity between the connectors and the PCM. It'll help you really understand how the system works.
      Steve Ragusa - North Jersey
      2006 Infiniti G35x
      Former Build - 1988 Monte Carlo SS - ZZ4-cammed TPI 355, F-body serpentine conversion, World-Class 5-speed, Eibachs/Bilsteins, Howe tall LBJs, 34mm hollow front swaybar, 3/4" straight rear bar, 17" Coys C55s, 12" front discs, and more. Sold on 2/28/11.

Thanks for the tip on the manual. I do have a basic understanding of where most of it goes... but my biggest task right now is stripping out all the unnecessary wiring such as the air bag wiring and sensors. =/

Quote Originally Posted by 79_EFI_Z
      Thanks for the tip on the manual. I do have a basic understanding of where most of it goes... but my biggest task right now is stripping out all the unnecessary wiring such as the air bag wiring and sensors. =/
      That's right. I started with an '87 F-body harness, which was the last year of the "stand-alone" harness. In '88, they put the main forward harness (headlights, horns, airbags, etc.) in with the engine harness. In that case, you'll definitely need the manual, there's a lot of stuff to strip out!
      Steve Ragusa - North Jersey
      2006 Infiniti G35x
      Former Build - 1988 Monte Carlo SS - ZZ4-cammed TPI 355, F-body serpentine conversion, World-Class 5-speed, Eibachs/Bilsteins, Howe tall LBJs, 34mm hollow front swaybar, 3/4" straight rear bar, 17" Coys C55s, 12" front discs, and more. Sold on 2/28/11.

www.helminc.com has a special on FSM's right now, $30 for GM pre-'96.
      Brian D
      Snotty Bimmer driver.

Are you building a '79 Z28? If so then I'd like to shake your hand.
      '79 Z28,White w/camel tan interior,Cowl induction hood,TKO-500 5SPD,350 RamJet (polished),Jet-Hot coated Hooker Headers,Magnaflow dual exhaust,11" Ram clutch,10 bolt 370 Posi,Rock Valley fuel tank,Vette Brakes monoleaf suspension,AGR quick ratio steering,Baer 4 wheel brakes,17X7 Alloy Cragars w/245/45X17 AVS Sports in Front & 17X8 Alloys w/255/40X17's Rear.

Chris

Haha! Yeah I'm building a 79 Z28, there aren't enough of us out there I think. I do have lots of pics although none of the car done.... since it isn't yet Let me know and I'll send them to you. Also, I wouldnt mind seeing what you have done as well.

I'll get one for you and try to figure out how to post it here. Are those Global West arms on yours?
      '79 Z28,White w/camel tan interior,Cowl induction hood,TKO-500 5SPD,350 RamJet (polished),Jet-Hot coated Hooker Headers,Magnaflow dual exhaust,11" Ram clutch,10 bolt 370 Posi,Rock Valley fuel tank,Vette Brakes monoleaf suspension,AGR quick ratio steering,Baer 4 wheel brakes,17X7 Alloy Cragars w/245/45X17 AVS Sports in Front & 17X8 Alloys w/255/40X17's Rear.

Chris

Yeah those are Global West's, and also you can see the C5 conversion, although the calipers aren't on because I haven't recieved my 17's yet.

I'm trying to get a picture on here. Hey! It worked so well I'll add another one. Aren't these forums cool?

Chris

Wow that's real nice , who makes that hood? and how tall is it?

Thanks. Goodmark makes the hood and it's a 2". Go here to see it: http://www.goodmarkindustries.com/HomePage.html

Hood

Nice hood, I am looking for a fiberglass peice myslef though. I am looking at either of these from Glasstek:

http://www.glasstek.com/Gallery/7081camaro2CIHD4.jpg
      http://www.glasstek.com/Gallery/7081camaro4CIHD4.jpg
      http://www.glasstek.com/Gallery/7081camaro4CIHD5.jpg

the first being a 2" and the last 2 being a 4", same hood just different viewing angles. I'm having a tough time deciding, I feel the 2" looks to small but am afraid the 4" might be overkill.
      What do you think?

I prefer the 2" because it doesn't obscure my vision while driving, but that's just my opinion.

I think you are right, the 2" would be better. I saw a 4" today and, although it wasnt a Glasstek, it seemed way too big in real life.

Yeah, that's why I had to go to the Goodmark site to see what mine was. It looks like a lot more than 2" from inside the car.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com