Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

You WEENIES ...

Okay ... this is an official Pro-Touring announcement and you're all put on notice!!!!!

Get off your poser butts and let's come have some open track fun. I don't want to hear about all the car prep that needs to be done as you've got a month so get cracking. Get off the computer, out of that Barcalounger, put the Bud back in the 'fridge, and go out in the garage as your Chevy/Ford/Mopar (fill in the blank here) is feeling quite neglected. This is going to be a great weekend and SOW is a very "driver friendly" track. Dave and I plan to be there and as we'll be plenty bored, would love to catch rides with everyone that wants extra ballast. And if you're a Hoover-Butt, Dave's a better choice for ballast ...

We'll be there Friday mid-day and can't wait.

Cheers,
      Mary Pozzi

Last edited by mpozzi; 03-31-2009 at 08:28 AM.
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

Dang....if this were at Thunderhill I'd be able to drive an E2 Miata (endurance classification sorta between SM and ITA) that is garaged there. But I cannot take it to another track.
      True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Damn True View Post
      Dang....if this were at Thunderhill I'd be able to drive an E2 Miata (endurance classification sorta between SM and ITA) that is garaged there. But I cannot take it to another track.
      Then rent something from Hertz and bring it down ...

Cheers,
      Mary Pozzi
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

Hertz is out of Shelby's for that weekend from SFO. They have the ZHZ Vette...@ $621 for the weekend. YIKES
      True T.

My blog

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by mpozzi View Post
      Okay ... this is an official Pro-Touring announcement and you're all put on notice!!!!!

This is going to be a great weekend and SOW is a very "driver friendly" track. Dave and I plan to be there and as we'll be plenty bored, would love to catch rides with everyone that wants extra ballast. And if you're a Hoover-Butt, Dave's a better choice for ballast ...

Cheers,
      Mary Pozzi
      How do you figure that you will be "plenty bored"? I know one foriegner who is planning on keeping both of you on your toes!

Hertz is out of Shelby's for that weekend from SFO. They have the ZHZ Vette...@ $621 for the weekend. YIKES
      If you wait they usually drop the price on the 'Vette to around $140 a day (IIRC) if you just walk up. There are a couple of places that have Sky's and Miata's if you look around... just trying to help you out...
      James
      1967 Camaro RS - The OLC
      1984 Camaro GT1
      1989 Camaro 1LE - The BOC

Quote Originally Posted by James OLC View Post
      *FYI*
      The dates on the first post in this thread are wrong (if you haven't figured that out already). The correct dates are May 2nd and 3rd (Saturday and Sunday).

All I can say is.......DOH! I don't think I'm anywhere near as dumb as I do somedays. I know what happened I was reading the calender in American and yours is one of those Canadian ones.....yea yea that what happened.

Thanks for catching that
      Stay in it till you see God....then lift

Where patience fails, force prevails

"When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat." G. Carlin

Stapp's Ironical Paradox...... "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

You'll really enjoy Streets of Willow.

Hey Friends, I'm very glad to see a positive response here to the May 2nd and 3rd Streets of Willow event (Open Track Weekend). I've been attending this club's track days at the "Streets" since 1992 and never seen a problem. It's safe, its as fast as you want and great way to learn about your car and improve your driving skills. I'm already signed up and hope I get to meet some of you there and see your awesome cars.

- Rocco

Rocco, We are looking forward to get out and turn a tire with the LA Shelby Club. Talked to Mary and a few others out at Del Mar and sounds like there is quite a bit of excitement a brew with getting out to the Streets.
      Stay in it till you see God....then lift

Where patience fails, force prevails

"When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat." G. Carlin

Stapp's Ironical Paradox...... "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Remember to sign up !

I forgot to say that it is important to sign up for the event ahead of time if you plan on attending. You'll save some money this way and allow the club to know the number of drivers and cars they should plan on including.

The application pdf file can be downloaded from their website -

http://www.lasaac.org/content/welcome-lasaacorg

- Rocco

Welcome Rocco!

Check is in the mail. I have not run with this club at SOWS but it's always great to meet new people at events like these.

It was quite the coincidence driving next to 406 Q-ship on the I-5 south on Friday. Small world!
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpozzi View Post

Get off your poser butts and let's come have some open track fun. I don't want to hear about all the car prep that needs to be done as you've got a month so get cracking. Get off the computer, out of that Barcalounger, put the Bud back in the 'fridge, and go out in the garage as your Chevy/Ford/Mopar (fill in the blank here) is feeling quite neglected. This is going to be a great weekend and SOW is a very "driver friendly" track. Dave and I plan to be there and as we'll be plenty bored, would love to catch rides with everyone that wants extra ballast. And if you're a Hoover-Butt, Dave's a better choice for ballast ...

Cheers,
      Mary Pozzi

You tell them Mary!

For those that are feeling uneasy about a track they've never run before here's an instructional video I found on youTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8oD2_Dh5e4

I wish we could get something going with the PT crew in NorCal. I've given up. I'm running Laguna Seca on 14 April (NCRC) and Buttonwillow 25-26 April (NASA -13CW-), and it will be me the BMW's, Porsche's, and Honda's as usual.

Thank your lucky stars great folk's like the Pozzi's are even offering to help you at the track. Plus, $210 is a very reasonable rate for a track Weekend. I'm paying $178 for only one day at Laguna Seca with NCRC (which BTW is a great deal as well).

Don't forget it is a load of fun too!

Regards

CurtiSS 69

True - when I was at Del Mar I picked up one of the ZHZ 'Vettes out of San Diego for $58 a day - you should look into that. Nothing beats it...

And for what it's worth - my flights are booked and my entry forms are in the mail - we're heading to the Streets Of Willow! (with a new and improved OLC)

More fun announcements coming soon...
      James
      1967 Camaro RS - The OLC
      1984 Camaro GT1

I will be on vacation in Orlando (i forgot) the week before.. not sure if we get home on Friday or Saturday.

Can we come for just one day? (like on Sunday)
      "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

I was thinking the same thing Steve. The price is almost good enough to buy both even if you show for one but it would be cool if we could get a Sunday only.
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Quote Originally Posted by Chad-1stGen View Post
      I was thinking the same thing Steve. The price is almost good enough to buy both even if you show for one but it would be cool if we could get a Sunday only.
      Yea, it's 122 miles from my front door to the track. Should be an easy drive of a couple hours.

If I go on Satuday I was thinking of renting a garage at the track.
      "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

Quote Originally Posted by James OLC View Post
      True - when I was at Del Mar I picked up one of the ZHZ 'Vettes out of San Diego for $58 a day - you should look into that. Nothing beats it...

And for what it's worth - my flights are booked and my entry forms are in the mail - we're heading to the Streets Of Willow! (with a new and improved OLC)

More fun announcements coming soon...
      Hmmm

I'll have to see what the prices are out of San Jose.

OUCH - $159 a day. WTF?
      Last edited by Damn True; 04-15-2009 at 04:01 PM.
      True T.

My blog

You'll never see the best price online. Long story short... when I showed up at the counter I asked what the special of the day was... they said the 'vette at $99 a day. They had 12 of them or something and wanted to move some.

I said no way and it was way more than I wanted to pay.

We started going through options... 350Z, Mustang, etc... but they either wouldn't work with our luggage or they didn't have any... after a laugh she offered me the 'vette cheap.

I couldn't say no.
      James
      1967 Camaro RS - The OLC
      1984 Camaro GT1

Must get car on the road...

I'll bet that they will let you go for only one day without too much fuss. What's for them to complain about? They have your money and there's more room on the track.

My closing date got moved way up so if nothing changes I MIGHT be able to make one day.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Quote Originally Posted by CurtiSS 69 View Post

Thank your lucky stars great folk's like the Pozzi's are even offering to help you at the track. Plus, $210 is a very reasonable rate for a track Weekend. I'm paying $178 for only one day at Laguna Seca with NCRC (which BTW is a great deal as well).

Don't forget it is a load of fun too!

Regards

CurtiSS 69
      It's like crack, - first we give you free samples, THEN...
      Last edited by David Pozzi; 04-15-2009 at 07:03 PM.
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com