Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      If you're pretty confident that you're already making 425+hp, I don't think you'll need 10 psi to get up over 600. 7 psi would actually be pretty close.

If you're going to do this, please be conservative with the timing and fuel. 34deg is a healthy amount for a NATURALLY ASPIRATED 10.3:1 engine. We'd hate to see you lose parts. If I were you, I'd even consider straight 101 octane for the first time out

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by WELTERRACER
      I thought 104 octain boost added 6-7 points to your octain?? Which if i had 93 octain it would make it 99-100 octain right??
      Thats just good marketing on their part.. Maybe if you added gallons of the stuff

A stock LS1 runs at just over 10:1 compression and you can safely run 6-7 lbs of boost..

You COULD run 10psi in your set up and if your tune is PERFECT it might last a while. If I were you I would either run less boost or do the deal with the head gaskets.
      "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

Frank from Prodogy just talked to ATI for me..

I can run 10.3 with 10lbs of boost as long as i use 101 or more octain or.. 92+114race fuel in a 50/50 mix..

if i drop it down to 6lbs of boost i can run 92 octain no problem.. or with an intercooler i can run the 10psi on pump gas.
      Project JUST-N-SANE

84' Camaro Z-28, 355CID,9.0-1 compression, ATI procharger 9psi (over 650HP),T56 6 speed, 3.73 Motive gears! 11.70 at 122mph in the 1/4 while babying the throttle to keep the tires hooked ,with pump gas! (NOW INTERCOOLED)

xx

A little late, but I hope this is still of use??

Kemco Lead Supreme 130 Real Lead Gas Treatment.

It can raise octane by whole numbers and not just decimal points b/c it contains REAL tetraethyl lead (TEL). Only problem with it is that it will poison the cat. That’s why the EPA removed TEL for gasoline years ago b/c it is a heavy metal and poisons cats! That and the stuff is highly poisonous!

pdq67

I used to run 8#'s on my LT1 T/A which had a stock bottom end and 10.5:1 compression. It did have an intercooler, and did run pig rich with the FMU. This was also with 94 octane pump gas and a stock tune. Motor is still doing well and put down 415 rwhp.

Don't know if this helps, but I'd say tune it rich, run higher octane fuel or drop the boost and run the 10.3 or drop the compression and keep the 10 #'s.
      1969 CAMARO RS

2002 LS1-T56 Dyno results: 452 rwhp, 425 rwtq
      Project pics of my '69
      Lateral-G Feature Page
      Camaro Performers Magazine Feature

With 10 psi of boost on 10,3:1 its just a question if you prefere to change your gaskets before or after the big bang!
      Just go on and change your gaskets. You will regret it if you don`t

Torbjorn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com