Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My 79Z28 update

You have a beautiful 2nd Gen!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 79_EFI_Z View Post
      Hey sorry wicked, didn't see your question until today =/

It is NOT minitubbed. I am running the 8.5" 10 bolt with Global West Cat 5 leafs.
      I have not decided what shocks to use yet, so it has some cheap Gabriel something or others on it for the time being.
      Thanks bro. If I can pull off that stance I will be more than happy.

Nice for sure, that paint looks great. Are you going to put any graphics or stripes on it or leave it all black? I vote for all black. Can you give me any specs on your suspension and wheels and tires. I have a 80 camaro and really like the stance of yours.

Andy

The paint looks nice on it. I can't wait to get some on my 78.

Country Flag: United States
      Love the color combo even though we've only seen the black for now. Keep up pics.
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

Beautiful, Careful putting it together!!
      Life is Better Spent in the Garage
      Laine O

72 Camaro, 468, TH400, 3:42 = FUN!
      92 Camaro RS, Restored Autocross wannabe

LIVE LOVE DRIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by chevelless502 View Post
      Nice for sure, that paint looks great. Are you going to put any graphics or stripes on it or leave it all black? I vote for all black. Can you give me any specs on your suspension and wheels and tires. I have a 80 camaro and really like the stance of yours.

Andy
      Basically, I'm running QA1 coilovers in the front, and Global West Cat 5 leafs in the rear. I think the Cat 5 springs have a built in 2"? drop. Might be 1.5"? I don't remember.
      The wheels are 17x8 in front abd 17.9.5 in the rear. - Bob

Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
      Love the color combo even though we've only seen the black for now. Keep up pics.
      Thanks! It will be probably a month or so before it gets the stripes on it. Getting everything aligned so the stripes can be laid out is a low process for sure, especially since I haven't had much time lately. But I will update for sure when I get some progress on that. - Bob

Love that car....

Hey Bob, my post count isn't up so I can't reply on youre for sale ad. Can you tell me about the leaf springs you have for sale? I can't seem to find anything on the website about them.

I went to PM you but I guess there must be a minimum post count for that too... Anyhow I posted a couple of links below which only kinda help. YearOne has a basic description and the kit # I have, and the Global West link shows what the leafs use in lieu of traditional bushings. To my knowledge, traditional bushings fight against the movement of the leafs, not so much vertically, but rotationally is they want to pivot slighty as the rear axle goes throughout it suspension range (like in a corner during body roll). This is made worse with poly bushings as they provide more resistance. The bonus with the CAT 5 ystem is that it eliminates that resistance and is supposed to help increase handling. Also as I recall, the spring package is supposed to minimize or eliminate wheel hop and axle wrap for higher HP cars. They also lower the car a bit in the rear vs stock which is nice. I do remember being told I wouldn't need a rear sway with these, though I'm not sure how big of a deal that is for these cars. If you need anything else, more pics etc... let me know and I'll get you a contact # as well.

https://www.yearone.com/Product/1967...am-parts/gw99a
      https://www.globalwest.net/camaro-fi...4-75-76-7.html

On a side note, I should really update this thread. I can't believe it has been idle since 2009.

Yeah!

well, sounds like a good idea,
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by WTX806 View Post
      Hey Bob, my post count isn't up so I can't reply on youre for sale ad. Can you tell me about the leaf springs you have for sale? I can't seem to find anything on the website about them.
      Did I answer your question, and were you interested?

Great looking setup. I love the Black with the grey, reminds me a bit of Monza's car, he has the ghost flames now, but that combo is on point. Really nice job.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com