Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

push button start. should this work?

I have read a lot of post on how to do a push button start system. Some of the problems I see is price on the big kits. ($400) Or getting the button to work correct. Is there any reason this shouldn't work. I can get the button kit made by autoloc for $80 and the RFID for $50. $130 total.
      Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-9-S...=p4506.c0.m245

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy...=p4506.c0.m245

Should work

I'm using that same alarm for my push to start. Seems to work fine. The buttons you have listed are very similar to what I'm using. Pretty expensive, I'm using just 1, and have it working for both ignition and start. I have another thread out there called 'Working passive entry with push to start' that has all the parts listed and the wiring/relays. Not many people seem interested now because it can all be done with the ISIS system. But I don't have another grand to spend so I did it this way.

Good Luck, it's pretty cool when it actually works!
      David Kirchhoff
      67 Camaro - LS1, T56

Quote Originally Posted by capbuster View Post
      I'm using that same alarm for my push to start. Seems to work fine. The buttons you have listed are very similar to what I'm using. Pretty expensive, I'm using just 1, and have it working for both ignition and start. I have another thread out there called 'Working passive entry with push to start' that has all the parts listed and the wiring/relays. Not many people seem interested now because it can all be done with the ISIS system. But I don't have another grand to spend so I did it this way.

Good Luck, it's pretty cool when it actually works!
      thank you and im all about making things on my own.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com