Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Sweden

Mounting instructions for 69 Trans Am spoiler

I am going to put on a Trans AM spoiler on my Z/28 because I think it looks cool.

Before I try to drill my new trunklid I am looking for some kind of instructions or meassurements on were to drill the holes for the spoiler.

Thanks

Jan
      Jan Suhr
      Nyköping, Sweden
      1969 Pro touring Camaro Z/28 LS1/T56
      Scandinavian Pro Touring Forum protouring.se

Country Flag: United States
      Here are a cpl of links form the PY forum that should help you. The first lists some measurements. The second mentions that all factory 69 deck lids had marking on the underneath that indicate where the holes will be. Even on a 69 Z28. Hope this helps.

http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...hlight=spoiler

http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...hlight=spoiler
      67 Firebird Convert 455 +.060 Johnny Winters TH400 74cc KRE d-port flowed @ 310 cfm heads piston dished 16cc H-beam rods Comp Cam 305-AH-8 cam 108* LSA 253/260 @.050 duration .577/.594 lift w/1.65 rockers Ford 9" 3.55 Detroit Locker M/T Sportsman Radials 31x18x15 on Convo Pro 15x15s

Honest dad that 455 on the side of the block is a serial number

Thanks for the info, it was useful. Yes my original Z/28 lid has the holes in the bracing for the TA-spoiler. The repop I bought for the spoiler don't have those holes.

After I posted I saw on the new spoiler that it is of poor quality. The mounting holes are off-center on the stands. One of the supplied bolts didn't have any threads and the rubbergasket to be between the stands and lid was probably for something else. The curved part of the stand (to follow the curve on the lid) had a totaly different arc so there will be a 1/8" gap there.

So because of the off-center holes no GM drawing would put the wing inthe right place.

I was expecting a lot more from this. The fabrication is really poor on it. No marks or paper telling where it came from.

So I will end up doing som fixing on this to correct the errors on this product.

Jan
      Jan Suhr
      Nyköping, Sweden

When instructions fail, eyeball it I always say..
      I Drive a black escalade on http://www.68camaroproject.com

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by jannes_z-28 View Post
      Thanks for the info, it was useful. Yes my original Z/28 lid has the holes in the bracing for the TA-spoiler. The repop I bought for the spoiler don't have those holes.

After I posted I saw on the new spoiler that it is of poor quality. The mounting holes are off-center on the stands. One of the supplied bolts didn't have any threads and the rubbergasket to be between the stands and lid was probably for something else. The curved part of the stand (to follow the curve on the lid) had a totaly different arc so there will be a 1/8" gap there.

So because of the off-center holes no GM drawing would put the wing inthe right place.

I was expecting a lot more from this. The fabrication is really poor on it. No marks or paper telling where it came from.

So I will end up doing som fixing on this to correct the errors on this product.

Jan
      Its a shame for what the parts cost us, they have little or no info for the users to go by - do you remember where you got it? if we dont complain about this to the dealers we will keep getting crap from them - and nothing changes. my T/A spoiler cost me $250 u.s. and it better fit decently or I will contact the supplier
      Rich
      69 Trans Am "TireBird"
      M6 / LS6 minitubbed DSE Sub
      C5 frt LS1 rear disc brakes
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14992
      69 R/S Z28 302
      15 Camaro ZL1
      90 Formula next project

I got it from a supplier here in Sweden, he got it from the States.

The price was about $250.

I have also seen that the wing don't have the same form as the original Trans AM spoiler. The backedge is sharper on the original, this one is thicker and round.

Anyway I think it will look good on my Camaro.

Jan
      Jan Suhr
      Nyköping, Sweden

Here is a picture of the poor fitment of the stands to the trunklid. They must have made the stands for something else.

Jan
      Jan Suhr
      Nyköping, Sweden

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com