Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

So I just pulled the old cam out.....

... And I find that it's an Isky 262 supercam. Pleasant little surprise to me. I knew it wasn't stock but I didn't know what it actually was.

Specs: http://www.iskycams.com/timingchart....ng_chart_id=91

What I'm going to is the Comp Cams High Energy 268H.

Specs: http://www.compcams.com/Technical/Se...umber=12-210-2

I'm also swapping from the original Goodwrench 350 heads to a set of World Sportsman II's. What effect do you guys think I'm gonna feel? Is it gonna be more from the heads than the cam? Or is the cam really gonna pull through?
      Allen Ortega
      Meanstreets Performance Fabrication

---------------------------------------

Vegetarians are the reason for global warming

I think you'll probably see a little loss on the low end, but pick up some top end from the cam change. I bet your major change in performance will be from the heads. I think the stock goodwrench heads are a little restrictive. That's why mine aren't going back on the engine I'm building.
      James
      -1969 Camaro Sport Coupe
      -1996 Z28
      -2005 Silverado
      Webpage

dennis68 Guest
      Allen, your going to see big change across the board. Down low included. I swear looking at stock GM heads these days it looks like the Mexicans building them are using Aztec ancient chisels to punch out the ports. That is a nice mild cam, a little lobe at idle, just enough to know it's not stock.

i wouldnt use the high energy line of comps cams, if anything go with an extreme 268, the HE line is VERY old, old cam techonology=lost potential. if stuck on a comp cam i would suggest the extreme 268, also if you have a die grinder handy i would give those heads a decent bowl job, they respond well to porting, out of the box they are decent, but they are too an old head that have been aroudn for awhile, in the last few years, head design has come a long way. you will probably be looking at a 325-350 horse motor compared to like 300

Country Flag: United States
      Yeah, I know that stuff Cody, but I'm stuck with keeping this thing smog legal. Otherwise, things would be quite different. Oh yeah, and my budget doesn't help any either.....
      Allen Ortega
      Meanstreets Performance Fabrication

---------------------------------------

Vegetarians are the reason for global warming

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com