Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

PROJECT ONDSKAN 800HP 1935 Ford Truck

Well since I have a couple of builds going on at the same time I decided to separate them before I started posting more pics. Here we go people. I had 57 Bel Air chassis with c4 corvette air ride suspension from a previous build that didn't come to fruition. I wasn't sure what to do with the frame until I came across this rat rod near the arizona/california border.

Attached Images Attached Images  

I don't think I have ever seen hairpins on the rear end like that, I bet it would ride rough :(

Brought the ford back to the shop and set it on the frame with a set of Savini Wheels I had made. Fronts 285/35R22's Rears 405/25R24's yup 405s!!!! and dropped the 800HP 588 BBC in.

I like where this is going
      Looks killer

subd

It didn't seem crazy to think I could make the Bel Air chassis work with a few simple modifications so off to the fabricators it went. Not just any Fabricators but the builder and caretaker and mechanic for "THE BIG RED CAMARO" Dave Ward...Precision Welding..Rialto CA. Quickly Dave and Rick got to work. Dave knocked out the roll cage in just a couple of days, I was bummed I didn't get more pics of it before we put the body back on.

Rick started to do some body work, he built the new firewall I designed and suicide doors when he found about a half inch of bondo on doors. rRealized we needed to send the cab to the blasters.

We got the cab back from the blasters and you could see that the previous owner had only spot welded the chop job and then just added bondo over it..... boy was i glad we decided to blast it. I had Rick make the side molding around the front of the firewall into a scallop type tooth.....i love it looks amazing....He also fixed and finished the chop job the right way....as well as notching and extending the body along the frame..love the doors and rockers he did!!!..Dave made the tunnel....oh yah the body is welded to the frame...no was turning back after that...Haha

Country Flag: Canada
      Where do the legs go? haha. Looks awesome regardless
      1972 Nova, forged LQ4 with twin 6466's, T56 Magnum, OEM subframe w/ Speedtech front, Chassisworks gLink rear, Ridetech coils & Wilwoods, with a rear floater in the works --> http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conver...1972-nova.html

I'm a newbie at this stuff.....trying to get the whole story out from the beginning since it has been a 3 year build I am a bit behind getting it out there ...Im so proud of what we have done with this truck...and I"m pretty sure it will be a truck that nobody will forget.....More to come...Here is a Teaser Pic

I know it looks cramped but I am 6 foot and I"m all legs so we measured the length to fit me perfect....when I post the custom seats we made it will make a bit more sense
      Quote Originally Posted by frojoe View Post
      Where do the legs go? haha. Looks awesome regardless

I wanted floating bucket seats. Dave and I decided that the best way was to have them mounted was directly into the roll cage.

When trying to figure out how to build the seats I explained to Dave that I wanted to do a chopper style pan...Dave was a little stumped but when I found these old style tractor seats...Dave made em fit pretty damn well....you can see how the seats float so happy with Dave pulling this design of for me...nephews loved a sneak peek.... I had not shared any of it with my family or friends until this day... I know that the seats may look uncomfortable but I have to tell you they are actually very comfortable...can't wait to see and sit in them when they have been covered by Duane Ballard from DBcustomleather.com His work is insane!!!! A real Artists check him out.

this was the beginning of the custom hand made bed

love the spoiler we decided to do...start of the air ride tank mounting

above you can also see the cut outs for the custom LED tail lights

Dave built some sick gauge pods that he milled out of aluminum... glowshift blackout gauges is what we went with

I built a mock up of what I wanted the radiator shroud to look like...came back 4 days later and Dave had it built and started on molding the frame rails into the shroud.

I was happy with how the frame rails were looking so I designed and had Dave hook out the rails and mold some piaa driving lights in...looks amazing

That was also the day Duane Ballard came to see the truck and decided that he would do the interior... SO sick this guy is with leather check him out dbcustomleather.com this will be his first hot rod...he only does motorcycles usually ...so honored to have him pick this build has his first vehicle. thanks Duane!!!

next we moved onto the headlights.. I wanted something old school appropriate looking but be able to put modern HID or projector lights in...Dave made some amazing cans.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com