Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      got my wheels, so threw em on and snapped a few pics...

here's rear suspension from underneath...

stupid floor install...
      hard to make it out but the darker area is the original floor, the lighter metal is the replacement floor someone else mounted about 3" ABOVE the original LOL. guess i need to fix that mess...

decided there isnt enough left of the unibody to make it worth working around. so, new plan: going with a tube chassis and just going to drop the body on top. still using the stock front clip and the same rear setup ive already made (but will need to change/modify it some).

today i pulled the existing framework out from under the car. going to clean up the sfc's, and make sure everything's square. remove the leaf spring mounts, and make outriggers to set the rollcage on.

Country Flag: United States
      What kind of wheels are those???
      Nick DiPrenda

ION 625 series

Cool project. Like the wheel/tire combo. Those are GOODYEAR F1's correct? They look nice.

yep those are the f1's...
      this weeks progress...

getting ready to cut the floor out

all the crap pouring out of the rockers as i cut them

here she comes...

this is actually dirt and crap from a mouse that was living inside the passenger rocker...

the rest of his nest...

rolled the chassis back in to see how she would be sitting... moment of truth!

she will rise from the ashes...

She's getting there man. Keep up the good work.

Country Flag: United States
      Are you known as absolom on a different board? I think that I have seen a mustang build that you did

nope... i'm lunatic magnet everywhere i go

coil overs installed... car sitting on its own suspension at ride height for the first time...

Cool project, keep up the good work!

what kind of hood are you going to run with the supercharger?
      Dom Buffa
      69 Camaro- 2JZ /Garrett 67MM, Ls1 13" Front disc conversion, 18" ROH 3 piece Modenas

i'm just going to cut a hole in it for the carb & air cleaner assembly to stick out of. i like that look better than some ridiculous 6" or 8" scoop i'd need to keep everything under the hood.

i'll either use the small cowl fiberglass hood i have sitting on the roof of the car, or a flat stock hood.

how much will it stick out? i was thinking about supercharging mine as well but i dont like how they stick out of the hood, i wanted to keep it hidden under the hood as well. when you cut the hood and install it please post some pics thnks-dom
      Dom Buffa
      69 Camaro- 2JZ /Garrett 67MM, Ls1 13" Front disc conversion, 18" ROH 3 piece Modenas

Lunatic- Looking through your pictures, nice job! One question keps popping up in my head.... I see you cut out the floor, most of the firewall, and looks like trunk section. What I don't see is any temporary bracing to keep the body square. Is this something that you did and have already removed or how did you get away without doing it? Thanks Chris

Quote Originally Posted by 69projectKAOS View Post
      how much will it stick out? i was thinking about supercharging mine as well but i dont like how they stick out of the hood, i wanted to keep it hidden under the hood as well. when you cut the hood and install it please post some pics thnks-dom
      i dont think my car is going to be a good example, because the body is significantly lower in relation to the chassis than an unmodified body. the way everything sits right now, the base of the carb is about level with the hood. the blower i have is small, and with the right air cleaner would fit in a stock f-body engine bay without or anything beyond a small scoop (like the hood i have).

Quote Originally Posted by kamaroman68 View Post
      Lunatic- Looking through your pictures, nice job! One question keps popping up in my head.... I see you cut out the floor, most of the firewall, and looks like trunk section. What I don't see is any temporary bracing to keep the body square. Is this something that you did and have already removed or how did you get away without doing it? Thanks Chris
      well you're right. i did cut away a LOT of the car. but i did not brace it - for two reasons. 1) whomever hacked this thing up before me made such a mess that i wasnt sure anything was right to start with... and 2) the bracing would have made it difficult to fit the cage to the chassis and be able to make the pieces fit.
      while the body doesnt have a lot of structure, there is plenty of metal still there. the doorsills were never cut, the doors close just as bad as they did before. lol. so everything should still be "square." the only thing i see possibly being a problem is the rockers spreading apart near the rear wheel opening (the weakest point), and that should be easily solved with a tape measure to make sure each side is parallel before i attach it to the frame. not a problem up toward the a pillar because there is still a lot of the firewall in place to keep everything straight up there.

keep in mind its a budget build, not a showcar. while i want it to look right, i'm not going to fuss too much over 1/4" here or there. the cars weren't that precise when they were new.

That Ion 625 wheel and tire setup looks awesome!

Nice looking build bro! What width/diameter/backspace are your wheels and tires if you don't mind me asking?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com